weird random reboot issue

Search This thread

cullenmq1

Sep 19, 2011
My brother gave me his phone to fix this weekend because it randomly reboots if you do not turn off the screen immediately once it boots up. I thought this was a kernel/software issue so i wiped the phone and updated it to 4.3 (no knox). This did not solve the problem. Now for the weird part: if the phone is on powersaving or the screen brightness is all the way down, it will not reboot until both of these two conditions are broken. This makes me think it is a power-management issue. Any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
My brother gave me his phone to fix this weekend because it randomly reboots if you do not turn off the screen immediately once it boots up. I thought this was a kernel/software issue so i wiped the phone and updated it to 4.3 (no knox). This did not solve the problem. Now for the weird part: if the phone is on powersaving or the screen brightness is all the way down, it will not reboot until both of these two conditions are broken. This makes me think it is a power-management issue. Any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks

Which recovery are you using? Philz 6.0.7.9 is the one that is recommended and I also am using it on my MC2 Goodness 3.03 rom. Reboots and lock ups seem to be a issue with all 4.3 rom, this is not new.. I would wipe again and make sure to wipe internal storage more than once. Each time you wipe internal storage, reboot into recovery to complete the process..

Reactions: cullenmq1

cullenmq1

Sep 19, 2011
Hmm... Yeah I'm using that recovery. It also was doing it before on 4.1. Im going to put it back on 4.1 stock and if that doesn't fix it he'll just swap it for a refurb phone.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Which recovery are you using? Philz 6.0.7.9 is the one that is recommended and I also am using it on my MC2 Goodness 3.03 rom. Reboots and lock ups seem to be a issue with all 4.3 rom, this is not new.. I would wipe again and make sure to wipe internal storage more than once. Each time you wipe internal storage, reboot into recovery to complete the process..