[Fix][Dec-12] Youtube app without breaking MP4/3GP playback

Search This thread

zenkinz

Apr 21, 2005
www.zenyee.com
I have found the fix. It's a combination of registry plus system files.

If anybody has done his/her research in this area, please share as well.

Otherwise, I will test out further before sharing the fix.

If you have a non-english ROM device, you may have to follow this instructions, after the installation.

Add 26/03/2009:
Add Youtube fix to overcome lag playback for High Quality videos. Credits to akp99. Please download the fix here I will update the full build with the fix.

Update 11/12/2008:
Minor update to the CAB, CAB no longer hard code to \Windows directory, but I have not tried if it works on storage card.

The cab file can be found here

Update 26/11/2008:
I have created a patch CAB to restore the 8 system files that were overwritten by the original Youtube CAB. This is probably the last resort before having to hard reset to get Youtube working (if you had previously installed Youtube before)

Update 18/11/2008:
I have created a patch CAB, if you do not wish to hard-reset your Xperia to install the X1i-Youtube.cab. But let me know if it works for you, because while this patch CAB does correct the problematic registry entries, it does not correct the 8 system files that the original youtube CAB has overwritten.

Update 17/11/2008:
Build a CAB that works fine after I hard reset my phone (after umpteen times of hard reset!)

Attachments

• Youtube-Registry-Patch.cab
    8.4 KB · Views: 8,510
Last edited:

zenkinz

Apr 21, 2005
www.zenyee.com
and it seems that the fix will not require installation of mHubVO cab file! :D :D :D

I'm happy playing the youtube now, and at the same time I could play videos that I captured using the camera.

zenkinz

Apr 21, 2005
www.zenyee.com
I havn't withnissed any problems. My youtube always worked.

it's not a problem with youtube, but the mp4/3gp video playback.

That said, some people has reported that the new manila cab will have a working youtube w/o breaking the mp4/3gp video playback. Did you install the new manila cab, and have you installed the standalone youtube cab that's dated 13th nov?

zenkinz

Apr 21, 2005
www.zenyee.com
finally managed to re-create the cab that fixed the 3gp/mp4 playback problem.

I work based on itje's Youtube cab so all credits go to itje.

However, I have to re-create a new cab due to some technical problem (somehow modify itje's cab gave me some problem). For that reason, I have create the cab under my own name, hope itje doesn't mind, and if he include the fix into his new Youtube, I will be more than happy to take down this cab.

This cab not only fix the playback problem, I also make sure any conflicting DLL or system files are not overwritten, i.e. the Youtube will re-use whatever system files that Xperia has. There are some registry entries that are redundant as well, for that, I have removed as well.

This CAB will also NOT required you to install mHubVO or Dshow CAB file. It works independently of the other CAB files.

I will upload the CAB file to the top of this thread.

However, I have to re-create a new cab due to some technical problem (somehow modify itje's cab gave me some problem). For that reason, I have create the cab under my own name, hope itje doesn't mind, and if he include the fix into his new Youtube, I will be more than happy to take down this cab.

This cab not only fix the playback problem, I also make sure any conflicting DLL or system files are not overwritten, i.e. the Youtube will re-use whatever system files that Xperia has. There are some registry entries that are redundant as well, for that, I have removed as well.

This CAB will also NOT required you to install mHubVO or Dshow CAB file. It works independently of the other CAB files.

It works great. Thank you :D

wdq30

Nov 10, 2008
zenkinz, I just found out that this CAB has to be installed into Windows directory, and there are about 200 files created. I'm wondering whether it's possible to install in storage card? Thank you!

Hi zenkinz,

I think we must also do this for HTC Album.

I've installed the Social Engine Cab.
The cab makes a upload icon in second tab of the settings.
And a account manager in the third tab of settings.
If you click on it you see that there is a possibilty to add a Youtube account.

I did but after that i can't do nothing.

I searched the internet and this forum but can't find anything.
The only thing i found is that maybe it is a part of HTC Album.

I think there is a possibility to upload videos you made with the camera to Youtube.

X807

Nov 8, 2008
hi zenk , i still have some problem i install the registry youtube.cab then i install your youtube.cab after that i went to open mp4 it has cranking sound with no pictures:confused: what is the problem? please help thank you

Magger

Oct 10, 2008
Ok what I've got so far is; the old TF3D cab from like a week ago.
Then I tried the youtube cab, it didnt work.
Just tried your youtube cab, did a hard reset, tried the other registry fix cab, still not working... :S

zenkinz

Apr 21, 2005
www.zenyee.com
I think I understand what you are trying to say. But I probably can only do it this weekend since I got a day job to do :D

Hi zenkinz,

I think we must also do this for HTC Album.

I've installed the Social Engine Cab.
The cab makes a upload icon in second tab of the settings.
And a account manager in the third tab of settings.
If you click on it you see that there is a possibilty to add a Youtube account.

I did but after that i can't do nothing.

I searched the internet and this forum but can't find anything.
The only thing i found is that maybe it is a part of HTC Album.

I think there is a possibility to upload videos you made with the camera to Youtube.

zenkinz

Apr 21, 2005
www.zenyee.com
Ok what I've got so far is; the old TF3D cab from like a week ago.
Then I tried the youtube cab, it didnt work.
Just tried your youtube cab, did a hard reset, tried the other registry fix cab, still not working... :S

you don't need the registry fix cab if you download the X1i-Youtube.cab from the 1st post of this thread. But for the latter CAB, you need to have clean X1i w/o previous installation of Youtube to work.

Did you try hard-reset, and then install X1i-Youtube.cab ? If it doesn't work, what language is your ROM? (I hardcode it to \Windows directory, it's my fault I know :D)

dinan

Oct 28, 2008
Just installed the X1i-youtube.cab on the first post (haven't previously installed youtube since this hard reset) and it works beautifully! Doesn't break my multimedia panel as well =)

I think I understand what you are trying to say. But I probably can only do it this weekend since I got a day job to do :D

Me to :D

But i'v installed WinCe manager so i'm gone check as well.
I've found that there als must be a Facebook cab.
Because i've found Facebook items in the Social Engine cab.
Also found Youtube in there as well.

I also checked HTC Album and there ar some items that say upload.

When i found something i let you know

Magger

Oct 10, 2008
you don't need the registry fix cab if you download the X1i-Youtube.cab from the 1st post of this thread. But for the latter CAB, you need to have clean X1i w/o previous installation of Youtube to work.

Did you try hard-reset, and then install X1i-Youtube.cab ? If it doesn't work, what language is your ROM? (I hardcode it to \Windows directory, it's my fault I know :D)

Hard reset = turn on with both of the buttons below the screen pressed, right?
Anyways, yes I tried that.
Also I'm from the Netherlands so my ROM is Dutch.