4.2.2 - Directv app issues

Search This thread

JPW1

Dec 6, 2012
My nexus 10 has hardly any apps on it because I only use it for some very specific tasks and I hope to just keep it stable. One of the apps I do use is DirecTV to watch live TV. The only problem is once I updated to the latest OS version, 4.2.2, I have video and audio stuttering. Is there any way way to revert back to 4.2.1. Am I now forced to root if I want a solution?

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona
My nexus 10 has hardly any apps on it because I only use it for some very specific tasks and I hope to just keep it stable. One of the apps I do use is DirecTV to watch live TV. The only problem is once I updated to the latest OS version, 4.2.2, I have video and audio stuttering. Is there any way way to revert back to 4.2.1. Am I now forced to root if I want a solution?
I think that if you want to go back to 4.2.1 stock you have to use one of those toolkits or flash it vida adb/fasboot, and if im not wrong, that will erase all your data.

JPW1

Dec 6, 2012
Thanks, but if I go that route wouldn't it best to root it? Doesn't rooting it offer greater stability? Is there a specific version that most consider to be the most stable?

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona
Thanks, but if I go that route wouldn't it best to root it? Doesn't rooting it offer greater stability? Is there a specific version that most consider to be the most stable?
Im not sure if you have to root or not, but if you use the toolkit, it will do whatever is needed automatically, you'll just have to press a number. There's isn't any version more stable than other, because some users experience problems with 4.2.1, and others with 4.2.2. For example I had wifi issues on 4.2.1 and now on 4.2.2 they are over, but some people has issues with 4.2.2 and didn't have with 4.2.1...

Droid_Junky

Mar 2, 2010
Have you ever been able to watch live TV with the app? I've had the app for almost a year now and have come to the conclusion it just sucks on all android versions. About the only use I get out of it is the ability to set recordings.

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona
Have you ever been able to watch live TV with the app? I've had the app for almost a year now and have come to the conclusion it just sucks on all android versions. About the only use I get out of it is the ability to set recordings.
Haven't tried it, no idea if it's gonna work in Spain, i'll try it later, How is it called on the market?

JPW1

Dec 6, 2012

Yes, the majority of the time it worked great for me. It certainly wasn't perfect but live TV would work. Since 4.2.2 it never works properly, video is jerky and the audio is always trying to catch up.

JPW1

Dec 6, 2012
Im not sure if you have to root or not, but if you use the toolkit, it will do whatever is needed automatically, you'll just have to press a number. There's isn't any version more stable than other, because some users experience problems with 4.2.1, and others with 4.2.2. For example I had wifi issues on 4.2.1 and now on 4.2.2 they are over, but some people has issues with 4.2.2 and didn't have with 4.2.1...

Thanks for this. It id's all very new to me. Where doi get the toolkit?