Jumping from 4.4.2 to 4.3?

Search This thread

IXChicharitoXI

Aug 3, 2012
I'm currently on a 4.3 touchwiz rom and I was wondering if it's possible to jump to 4.4.2 and revert back to touchwiz 4.3?

I read about the Knox security thing and I understand I can't go back to 4.1 or any prior touchwiz builds.

I just want to make sure if I go to KitKat and I find it unstable to make it my DD. I atleast have the option to go back to touchwiz.

I normally used Odin to go back to touchwiz(4.1.2) when I used AOSP(4.2.2) does that still work?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

sandra361

Jun 20, 2011
Chicago
I'm currently on a 4.3 touchwiz rom and I was wondering if it's possible to jump to 4.4.2 and revert back to touchwiz 4.3?

I read about the Knox security thing and I understand I can't go back to 4.1 or any prior touchwiz builds.

I just want to make sure if I go to KitKat and I find it unstable to make it my DD. I atleast have the option to go back to touchwiz.

I normally used Odin to go back to touchwiz(4.1.2) when I used AOSP(4.2.2) does that still work?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

It's possible. I recently had to do a warranty on my phone and the refurb I got had the latest 4.3. I just updated the recovery to CWM and rooted it using Chainfire's method then updated to the latest Superuser; after doing that and reloading SU it asked me if I wanted to disable Samsung Knox. After hitting yes and disabling it, I flashed it to CM 11. I decided I didn't like it and restored an to an earlier backup of the rooted stock 4.1.2 and have had no problems. As long as you make sure to disable Samsung Knox first and make a backup just in case you should be fine.