Ext. Card no read

Search This thread

my-galaxy

Oct 27, 2013
After installing BobCat kit kat rom note 3 can't allow copy to ext. card. Any solution please. .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
There are already so many threads about this.
But with all due respect, this is rather big messup, for such minor update, at least for people who do use sd cards. I have over 20 apps installed on SD cards and fix requires root, so if I get legal update either many programs don't work anymore or I root and loose Knox warranty? Neither solution is acceptable.

Pierre118

Apr 13, 2011
The Hague
But with all due respect, this is rather big messup, for such minor update, at least for people who do use sd cards. I have over 20 apps installed on SD cards and fix requires root, so if I get legal update either many programs don't work anymore or I root and loose Knox warranty? Neither solution is acceptable.

I fully agree with you. And, I don't want to sound like a teacher, but this proved that reading before doing is very wise.

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
I agree with you too, but Samsung sold more than 10.5 mln Note3. XDA have 5.5 mln members, so even assuming every member here have Note3, what about the remaining 5 mln Note owners, probably not even aware XDA exists? If I had official update, I would probably update without giving it much thought, or reading around and if many of my programs wouldn't work I would be really pissed and most likely sending it back for service. Am I the only one thinking this is not acceptable and maybe I should write a letter to Google and Samsung what I think about it? And what could possibly be a reason for this mess? Anybody knows, why would they change permissions just like that? Many of my programs installed on SD without my input, some use it for cache and probably most wouldn't work anymore.

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
After installing BobCat kit kat rom note 3 can't allow copy to ext. card. Any solution please. .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

hi ,
just to add , i am on kitkat 4.4.2 ,stock rom, N9005, no root )
i use the onboard Samsung "My Files " file explorer ,
and i can copy paste etc and move between sd mermory and Device storage (where i cannot with es file explorer ,quicpic etc ,thus i use " my files " instead
Is this what you wanted ?

Mirage20uk

Aug 13, 2009
Cairo
hi ,
just to add , i am on kitkat 4.4.2 ,stock rom, N9005, no root )
i use the onboard Samsung "My Files " file explorer ,
and i can copy paste etc and move between sd mermory and Device storage (where i cannot with es file explorer ,quicpic etc ,thus i use " my files " instead
Is this what you wanted ?
The same problem exists in my note 3 octa after flashing the russian rom, i don't want to lose my warranty, also i need to fix this issue as its bugging me, samsung should fix it as soon as possible as it's a total mess

zadigre

Aug 28, 2006
Montreal
The same problem exists in my note 3 octa after flashing the russian rom, i don't want to lose my warranty, also i need to fix this issue as its bugging me, samsung should fix it as soon as possible as it's a total mess

it's not a problem that will be "magically" fixed by Samsung... it's a new feature of Android 4.4...
A new permission needs to be added to the app... so it's up to the app developer to add the needed permission.

willcor

Oct 2, 2008

hi,
the new update to E S explorer a day or 2, back fixed this issue .!.
so just check that you got latest update of E S explorer ( if you use it Google play store )
otherwise just use Samsungs onboard " my files "explorer
and yes it is not a Samsung" thing" but Android ( Google ) Kitkat.
good luck

mangoose33

Jun 30, 2012
hi ,
if you read this thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2617921
post #1, by manteenf ,you will have better idea what permission ( is in question here ?)
( plse note ,his solution is for root users )
good luck

Thank you for an answer but I know about it. What I'm asking is different. People claim that it's new kitkat feature so the developers have to add it to their software to adjust it to 4.4.2. But what I really see it's actually Samsung screwed up and third party developer can't to nothing to overpass it.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

zadigre

Aug 28, 2006
Montreal
Thank you for an answer but I know about it. What I'm asking is different. People claim that it's new kitkat feature so the developers have to add it to their software to adjust it to 4.4.2. But what I really see it's actually Samsung screwed up and third party developer can't to nothing to overpass it.

It's not Samsung that screwed up... Others are also having the same problem on non Samsung devices...

Permissions that specifically need to be added for kitkat if you want to access all the sd card are WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE and READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

More information here : http://developer.android.com/about/versions/android-4.4.html

Sent from my SM-N900 with Tapatalk

grandvizor

Feb 1, 2014

The latest ES Explorer works fine. So, it's fixable from developer side.