[RECOVERY][Nokia X] TWRP 2.7.0.2 touch recovery [2014-04-16]

Search This thread

dhacker29

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 27, 2011
Millsboro, DE
TWRP 2.7.0.2 for Nokia X (normandy)

This is a fully working version of the latest TWRP.

All sources can be found at https://github.com/dhacker29?tab=repositories

I built this in CyanogenMod cm-10.0 sources by repo init from the jellybean branch and adding https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery to my local manifest and removing bootable/recovery.

The following patch is required to bootable/recovery twrp_normandy.patch
Also in device/nokia/normandy/BoardConfig.mk
Code:
 BOARD_HAS_NO_SELECT_BUTTON := true
-BOARD_CUSTOM_GRAPHICS := ../../../device/nokia/normandy/recovery/graphics.c
+#BOARD_CUSTOM_GRAPHICS := ../../../device/nokia/normandy/recovery/graphics.c
 TARGET_RECOVERY_PIXEL_FORMAT := "RGBX_8888"

To build in the CyanogenMod cm-11.0 branch you just need this one patch to bootable/recovery:
Code:
diff --git a/minuitwrp/Android.mk b/minuitwrp/Android.mk
index 4ee59d0..8e47a2b 100644
--- a/minuitwrp/Android.mk
+++ b/minuitwrp/Android.mk
@@ -10,6 +10,9 @@ else
     LOCAL_SRC_FILES += graphics.c
 endif

+LOCAL_ADDITIONAL_DEPENDENCIES := $(TARGET_OUT_INTERMEDIATES)/KERNEL_OBJ/usr
+LOCAL_C_INCLUDES += $(TARGET_OUT_INTERMEDIATES)/KERNEL_OBJ/usr/include
+
 ifeq ($(TW_TARGET_USES_QCOM_BSP), true)
   LOCAL_CFLAGS += -DMSM_BSP
   ifeq ($(TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL),)

The rest of the post is shamlessly kanged from Dees Troy's official TWRP posts

Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

CHANGELOG for 2.7.0.2:
Enabled selinux support

CHANGELOG for 2.7.0.1:
Fixed graphics glitch and reboot issues

CHANGELOG for 2.7.0.0:
-Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
-Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
-Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
-Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
-Text wrap in the console output
-Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
-Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
-Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
-Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions thanks to Samer Diab
-Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
-Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
-Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
-Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
-USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
-Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
-Add 4.4 decrypt support
-Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
-Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.

DOWNLOAD: TWRP-2.7.0.2-normandy.img

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Last edited:

LeJolly

May 29, 2013
You sir are a champ! Now all we need is CM11 and this will be the best phone in it's price category

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dhacker29

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 27, 2011
Millsboro, DE
You sir are a champ! Now all we need is CM11 and this will be the best phone in it's price category

I'm aiming for cm-10.2 to start as that's the last official support from Qualcomm and cm for msm7627a devices. Once that's stable I'll attempt cm-11 as unofficial.

http://t.co/xdnSHnJ2eF

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Mohib and LeJolly

Fallen_Knight

Mar 5, 2012
op can you update my twrp CM Flare which has no source since device manufacturer refused to released...i always end up black screen when trying to port this recovery...if you have time, can you please look in to this? ive attached the twrp im using...hope you cant update it with just this

Attachments

• twrp2.6.3.0-signed.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 466

tanx

Apr 26, 2013
pune
Now surely will buy...

WOW!!! looks like CM build will be ready when I buy this phone at this month end!!!:fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 2.7.0.2 for Nokia X (normandy)

This is a fully working version of the latest TWRP.

All sources can be found at https://github.com/dhacker29?tab=repositories

I built this in CyanogenMod cm-10.0 sources by repo init from the jellybean branch and adding https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery to my local manifest and removing bootable/recovery.

The following patch is required to bootable/recovery twrp_normandy.patch
    Also in device/nokia/normandy/BoardConfig.mk
    Code:
     BOARD_HAS_NO_SELECT_BUTTON := true
    -BOARD_CUSTOM_GRAPHICS := ../../../device/nokia/normandy/recovery/graphics.c
    +#BOARD_CUSTOM_GRAPHICS := ../../../device/nokia/normandy/recovery/graphics.c
     TARGET_RECOVERY_PIXEL_FORMAT := "RGBX_8888"

To build in the CyanogenMod cm-11.0 branch you just need this one patch to bootable/recovery:
    Code:
    diff --git a/minuitwrp/Android.mk b/minuitwrp/Android.mk
    index 4ee59d0..8e47a2b 100644
    --- a/minuitwrp/Android.mk
    +++ b/minuitwrp/Android.mk
    @@ -10,6 +10,9 @@ else
         LOCAL_SRC_FILES += graphics.c
     endif

+LOCAL_ADDITIONAL_DEPENDENCIES := $(TARGET_OUT_INTERMEDIATES)/KERNEL_OBJ/usr
    +LOCAL_C_INCLUDES += $(TARGET_OUT_INTERMEDIATES)/KERNEL_OBJ/usr/include
    +
     ifeq ($(TW_TARGET_USES_QCOM_BSP), true)
       LOCAL_CFLAGS += -DMSM_BSP
       ifeq ($(TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL),)

The rest of the post is shamlessly kanged from Dees Troy's official TWRP posts

Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

CHANGELOG for 2.7.0.2:
    Enabled selinux support

CHANGELOG for 2.7.0.1:
    Fixed graphics glitch and reboot issues

CHANGELOG for 2.7.0.0:
    -Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
    -Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
    -Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
    -Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
    -Text wrap in the console output
    -Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
    -Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
    -Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
    -Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions thanks to Samer Diab
    -Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
    -Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
    -Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
    -Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
    -USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
    -Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
    -Add 4.4 decrypt support
    -Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
    -Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.

DOWNLOAD: TWRP-2.7.0.2-normandy.img

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
    don't have a github account so posting the issue here.... trying to backup the data partition crashes the recovery..... then it jusst keeps rebooting into recovery...

Is there enough actual space on your internal storage to back up? I had to use sdcard to have enough and backup worked fine for me.
    the link is kind of broken i guess it takes me to rombitch.com....i think you should make another mirror
    Download Here
    Or Newer Version Here

I'm aiming for cm-10.2 to start as that's the last official support from Qualcomm and cm for msm7627a devices. Once that's stable I'll attempt cm-11 as unofficial.

http://t.co/xdnSHnJ2eF

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    Close to having a fully working caf/aosp build. CM will be a bit longer

https://twitter.com/dhacker29/status/453133632136163328/photo/1