Very little Dissapointed by htc desire s

Search This thread

mariu$

May 31, 2010
first it costs as a dualcore smartphone
then there are problems with its construction:
wifi weak and sensible to pressure antenna

Also you can press the metal back on the battery: theres a great solution htc: make the battery larger

I hope htc gets their problems straight and fix this and put a reasonable price on it
Also making sense an option would be great

Thats it

Im waiting for this phone to be buy-able.

kartikk

Mar 12, 2011
Chennai
first it costs as a dualcore smartphone
then there are problems with its construction:
wifi weak and sensible to pressure antenna

Also you can press the metal back on the battery: theres a great solution htc: make the battery larger

I hope htc gets their problems straight and fix this and put a reasonable price on it
Also making sense an option would be great

Thats it

Im waiting for this phone to be buy-able.

i still don't see the point of getting a dual-core phone
besides its just gonna be more power hungry & produce more heat
the desire S has a very good build quality & its only down side is its wifi (which i hope htc fixes soon)
the build quality for me is much better than a phone with dual core that looks like a toy & never gets updated
the price is the only down side now :) ( but it went down a bit now in my area :D has to reduce just a little bit more)
i am waiting 2 will buy it on the first day it is available (hopefully)

mariu$

May 31, 2010
looks like the only problem thats left is the exaggerated price
htc is known for that

@kart dual cores are better for performance and gaming. the desire lags at recording and playing video. thats a shame
all youre doing is making baseless and false assumptions

Last edited:

mariu$

May 31, 2010
well hello
the 2 core htc has been announced so the price is definitely coming down soon

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
i still don't see the point of getting a dual-core phone
besides its just gonna be more power hungry & produce more heat
the desire S has a very good build quality & its only down side is its wifi (which i hope htc fixes soon)
the build quality for me is much better than a phone with dual core that looks like a toy & never gets updated
the price is the only down side now :) ( but it went down a bit now in my area :D has to reduce just a little bit more)
i am waiting 2 will buy it on the first day it is available (hopefully)
are you joking??!!

There has been a massive price cut today on o2 uk!!! its the same price as the old desire!!!!!!

kartikk

Mar 12, 2011
Chennai
are you joking??!!

There has been a massive price cut today on o2 uk!!! its the same price as the old desire!!!!!!
the shops near where i live are still selling them for a price much higher than the original desire.but its good news that the price is down in the uk, maybe i can expect another price cut :D

@mariu$ i understand that the dual core i better for games but i heard that there is no lagg during video play back on the Desire S from a few friends (not sure though)...it is just that im worried about the heat its gonna produce for the higher processing power...
but i guess we cant say anything about that too until its put into a test :)

Last edited:

mariu$

May 31, 2010
the desire s is the best android phone now
build quality
interface

im ready to buy it for 350E

RogerPodacter

Apr 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
the shops near where i live are still selling them for a price much higher than the original desire.but its good news that the price is down in the uk, maybe i can expect another price cut :D

@mariu$ i understand that the dual core i better for games but i heard that there is no lagg during video play back on the Desire S from a few friends (not sure though)...it is just that im worried about the heat its gonna produce for the higher processing power...
but i guess we cant say anything about that too until its put into a test :)

dual core is supposed to actually get better battery life than single core because the CPU's are more efficient, do less work for the same processing power, and are newer and optimized better.

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
dual core is supposed to actually get better battery life than single core because the CPU's are more efficient, do less work for the same processing power, and are newer and optimized better.

Early reviews on the lg optimus 2x says that battery life on dual core is more or less the same as the old style single cores. Above is what the companies claim, but do you rember they said that with the origimal snapdragon?? They said battey life on it will be as good as other phnoes at the time? But they were wrong

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Early reviews on the lg optimus 2x says that battery life on dual core is more or less the same as the old style single cores. Above is what the companies claim, but do you rember they said that with the origimal snapdragon?? They said battey life on it will be as good as other phnoes at the time? But they were wrong

Also remember these are the first generation of dual cores so they may not be as well optimized yet! Kust like 2nd gen snapdragon inproved mainly performance amd effiency (therefore improving battery life!