Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
when installing it after all wipes it says
installing /sdcard/cv-10-20121230-unofficial-comanche.zip
finding upadate package...
opening update package...
installing update...
assert failed: getprop ("ro.product.device") == "
comanche " || getprop ("ro.build.product") == "comanche" || getprop(ro.product.device") == "SGH-I547" || getprop(ro.build.product") == "SGH-I547"
E:Error in /sdcard/cm-10-20121230-unofficial-commanche.zip
(status 7)
installation aborted

how to fix it and how to install cyan10

Flash TWRP 2.3 using the update.zip from the super thread. From there use TWRP to flash CM10.

Reactions: maxxis

kemonine96

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
please help - just copy .img file to sd card and install it through recovery or how?

Download the file below, copy to sd card and then install it through recovery. Reboot back into recovery and then install CM10 + gapps. gapps can be found elsewhere on XDA / google.

Please note CM10 isn't 100% and there is missing functionality (camera/bt) currently. I am working on getting things situated but progress has been slow of late.

https://nuskunetworks.box.com/s/ng9qe4ovh7u41k1cwkrx

Reactions: Anisrael and maxxis

maxxis

Dec 17, 2006
Rivne
thanks have installed it

screen is flashing sometimes
when connect to wifi each time you have to enter password
and sometimes eifi is on but not working and freezes after screen timeout wifi is on but very slow
will test it out tommorow more

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
thanks have installed it

screen is flashing sometimes
when connect to wifi each time you have to enter password
and sometimes eifi is on but not working and freezes after screen timeout wifi is on but very slow
will test it out tommorow more

Sounds about right for my experience with CM10 thus far. I did manage to get BT "working" right before my laptop decided it wanted to nuke the boot loader. Will be looking closer at CM10 / CM10.1 in the coming week or two and hopefully a new build will be up before too long.

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
Re: [rom][wip][cm10] Samsung Rugby Pro (SGH-I547[c]) CyanogenMod 10

For those looking for a progress update:

I am in the middle of a fairly large refactor and CM 10.1 bring up. I have unstable boot done. Unfortunately Samsung saw fit to implement graphics in a nonstandard way on the Rugby Pro. I'm currently working my way through the various crashes.

I'll be posting incremental progress on my G+ account (see my profile/SIG for a link).

Sent from my SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

papalexo

Nov 12, 2012
keep up the hard work to building the CM10

hello,
having been the proud owner of a RUGBY SMART v1 (and possibly the only one in Europe since it is sold exclusively in the US), I got fed up with the single processor/little memory and made the mistake to buy a Sony Acro S (also waterproof). Didn't go very well, I dropped it, the back case came open, feels like cheap plastic and the AMOLED is no comparison next to the super AMOLED from Samsung. Anyway, I'm eagerer to see how the firmware progresses and scanning ebay everyday looking for a PRO to buy...!

keep up the hard work to building the CM10! :good:

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
and possibly the only one in Europe since it is sold exclusively in the US
newbit is also in the EU :). He recently got his hands on a Canadian Rugby Pro and it was working well until a bad ODIN flash brought him back to the QCOM boot loader. Currently he is working with another group of dev's to unbrick, however when it was working he really liked the device.

Anyway, I'm eagerer to see how the firmware progresses and scanning ebay everyday looking for a PRO to buy...!
Last night I traced the current set of CM10.1 crashes all the way back to an error I couldn't fix. It is related to the VSYNC / graphics code and/or hwcomposer. Right now I've taken a step back to think on the best way to approach things. Not sure how much longer it will take me to get past this round of problems. They strike me as non-trivial.

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan

First: thanks to TeamApexQ for the help. You guys rock, keep up the great work.

Second: Progress! I now have generally stable boot and graphics in CM 10.1. Lots of issues to sort out still including random reboots, WiFi, cell service, data, audio and hardware key backlights. Plenty to fix but well on my way to a working build finally.

At this point I'll be doing news and progress updates via my G+ feed with a release announcement here once I achieve parity to CM10.

Sent from my SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: bent14

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
I'm willing to try alpha firmware if it the camera works and is semi-stable for daily use.

No need just yet. The CM10 builds I've published have non-functional camera (it will reboot the device) and non-functional bluetooth at the moment. I am closing in on a CM10.1 build but audio is still tripping me up. Keep an eye out for the CM10.1 builds, that is what I would recommend running in the end.

As an aside: I'm fighting pretty good with the kernel, if you would like to jump in on it let me know. I could use the help.

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
Unfortunately I am not a developer, it is 25 years ago I used to program in assembly... :-}
I'll wait for a fully functional 50% stable release

Sounds good. I'm back to working on CM10. The audio problem in the kernel for CM10.1 is spinning me in circles and I want to get a generally complete release done so I'm back to solving a boot problem with CM10. The good news is that iterating CM10 should be a bit faster as I have an Android 4.1 release from Samsung to work with.

@Everyone: sorry for some of the delays. It looked like CM10.1 was going to be a faster iteration than it has become. I also got stuck dealing with some "Real World" stuff that has impeded my progress as well.

mrandygets

Aug 16, 2008
Maryland
www.2fast2catchracing.com
Sounds good. I'm back to working on CM10. The audio problem in the kernel for CM10.1 is spinning me in circles and I want to get a generally complete release done so I'm back to solving a boot problem with CM10. The good news is that iterating CM10 should be a bit faster as I have an Android 4.1 release from Samsung to work with.

@Everyone: sorry for some of the delays. It looked like CM10.1 was going to be a faster iteration than it has become. I also got stuck dealing with some "Real World" stuff that has impeded my progress as well.
Well we all are patiently waiting sir.....

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
Well we all are patiently waiting sir.....

I know... I've been trying my best to get a solid release back up and going but I've been fighting builds for awhile now. For some reason or another I keep running into brick walls...

At this point I could use a bit of help. The kernel is a big stumbling block for me at the moment and I could really use someone to help me get the d2 cyanogen kernel running properly (particularly audio) on the comanche. I've got most of the bigger bits done but right now audio eludes me.

If someone out there is willing to help me work on the d2 kernel bring up please let me know. From what I can tell it should be possible to run the d2 cm-10.1 kernel on the stock JB / ICS ROMs from Samsung.

papalexo

Nov 12, 2012
Yeah! just got my Rugby PRO :victory:, rooted it :cool: , now waiting for the network sim unlock code and looking FW to a 50% stable CM10 release (with a working camera!)

fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it ...

Last edited:

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
Yeah! just got my Rugby PRO :victory:, unlocked it :cool: and looking FW to a 50% stable CM10 release (with a working camera!)

fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it ...

Regarding camera: I've been working on it. As have other developers on a similar platform with the same camera. The current state is: the kernel / hal and a bunch of other areas need some varied adjustments to get camera working. At least 3 people have spent the better part of 2 months trying to make the camera work. Patience is key, this is a hobby after all.

For the comanche specifically: I've been fighting kernel code for awhile now. The writing is on the wall: I need to do a proper port of the d2 kernel from the CyanogenMod team in order to get CM10 or CM10.1 working 100%. I'm focused on this work but the Linux kernel is a complex bit of programming and the work is quite intense. I am also only 1 man. In time I hope to have it working but I could use some help. Especially when it comes to the audio drivers. I have asked some of my contacts to keep an eye out for someone who may be willing to help but I've not gotten word back yet. If you know anyone let me know.

The d2 kernel has been heavily modified to be more up to date than what Samsung released and there is quite a bit of work that will need to go into it, I'm finding little things here and there that need attention. The focus being audio fixes right now.

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan

Progress! I found the audio "fix" this evening. The physical key backlight driver breaks the audio drivers. I will be taking a closer look at why soon. As soon as I get some minor fixes done and parity to CM10 I'll be publishing a release.

TeamApexQ is very close to a working camera as well. I plan on borrowing some of their work for the Comanche once it is complete. No ETA and don't ask. They have been working on it for over a month now and it will get done in time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: papalexo

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
I just discovered a kernel bug that prevents the external SD card from working in the latest release. This is my top priority and I'll be releasing a new build once fixed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Due to "Real Life" I can no longer maintain this build of Cyanogenmod. Please see the Rugby Pro super thread for further info on ROMs that may be under development by others.

After a couple months and plenty of soft bricks I am pleased to bring you CyanogenMod 10.1 for the Samsung Rugby Pro

Links for download / install / other info

Thanks to TeamApexQ for all the help

System Info
    device-2013-02-28-181727.png

I am not responsible for anything bad that comes to your device when using the information posted in this thread. Everything here is dangerous, may cause a brick, will void a warranty and has the potential to just plain wreak havoc. Do not complain you followed my instructions and met with a dead device. Consider yourself warned

I've tested to the best of my ability, but I am one person with one device, I cannot catch all potential failure modes. If you find a problem and a fix, or have information that should be added let me know and I will update the necessary information.

A maintenance release build is now online. There have been a number of upstream fixes that were completed. I've brought them in and built a new version of CM. The only thing I did for this release was re-sync my sources with upstream. Period.

If there are issues with bt/wifi/audio/sensors/display not doing something they used to, please let me know ASAP. There were some upstream changes that could cause underlying problems that I may not have caught in my testing.

Alpha 5 -- CM10.1
    Download Link: cm-10.1-20130315-UNOFFICIAL-comanche.zip
    Note this build is a re-sync with upstream sources. I've not made any fixes/improvements so the status spreadsheet will not include this build.
    Releases

Goo.im Mirror
    There is now a goo.im mirror that will contain the latest and greatest of the items listed below. I will be updating the thread and mirroring to goo whenever there is an update. You can find the files here or within goo manager (available from the play store) under devs/kemonine/comanche/cm10.1

Builds
    Alpha 5 -- CM10.1
    Download Link: cm-10.1-20130315-UNOFFICIAL-comanche.zip
    Note this build is a re-sync with upstream sources. I've not made any fixes/improvements so the status spreadsheet will not include this build.

Alpha 4 -- CM10.1
    Download link: cm-10.1-20130306-UNOFFICIAL-comanche.zip

Alpha 3 -- CM 10.1
    Download link: cm-10.1-20130228-UNOFFICIAL-comanche.zip
    Quick update before I forget to post again.

Work is still being done on CM for the Rugby Pro but it is slow going. Outside factors have caused me to focus on some XBMC and Arduino work.

Having said that I've started work on the next round of updates that should allow me to release an updated build in due time. Unfortunately I cannot offer any kind of time frame beyond "when it's ready". The kernel needs a lot of work to match upstream and a number of the outstanding issues need to be re validated and corrected as appropriate.