Tab Pro 8.4-how I fixed oversensitive screen

Search This thread

thomasj5

Aug 28, 2012
Hi, sorry for dragging this thread back up and going off topic a bit, but just wondering is the 'increase touch sensitivity' option you get with the galaxy note 3 and s4 and s5 an option with the galaxy tab pro 8.4 or the tab 4?

Ie could you wear gloves and type with it or use a pencil to type/write on it like you can do with the devices that have the option.

Many thanks in advance.

simacca

Apr 27, 2006
Kent, uk
Hi, sorry for dragging this thread back up and going off topic a bit, but just wondering is the 'increase touch sensitivity' option you get with the galaxy note 3 and s4 and s5 an option with the galaxy tab pro 8.4 or the tab 4?

Ie could you wear gloves and type with it or use a pencil to type/write on it like you can do with the devices that have the option.

Many thanks in advance.

Just picked one up today and can't see any options for extra sensitivity mode or similar. Back on topic, my screen seems fine so far :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Reactions: thomasj5
Aug 31, 2007
I had firmware NAI and I flashed ND3 but the oversensivity of the screen il still here, i also downloaded the app suggested by The OP And another one called touchscreentune but the screen il still a problem. I ordered some screen protector i Hope They Will solve this annoying problem

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

locutusx

Feb 1, 2013
I have a Canadian PRO 8.4 which came with NAI and would not go to any newer firmware using KIES. (thumbs down to Samsung Canada)
The screen oversensitivity was just ridiculous. Unusable. Was about to return it.

But I read that I can switch firmware to the US version, which is ND3, and it doesn't trip KNOX. So I did... and I also did factory reset/data wipe at same time.

Now (with ND3), it's beautiful. Problem completely solved, and decided to keep the tablet!

locutusx

Feb 1, 2013
where did you read that?

Wysłane z mojego SM-T320 przy użyciu Tapatalka

whole bunch of different places, including this forum plus others.

anyways I *DID* change my firmware from Canadian to US and my knox was not tripped, and my device is still "Official"

so it doesn't matter where i read it... the point is, now i have personal experience :)

xpto32

Apr 9, 2009
Belo Horizonte
Last edited:

unknownegri

Sep 29, 2013
Saved my device :D

I have to say thanks to all of you, thanks to you all, I have "saved" my device from the horrible samsung customer support as they would take close to 2 months to solve the problem ( if they could solve the problem to begin with )
So let me tell how it went.
I started by rooting my device and ?I followed this link: watch?v=6Rc17Hj11RM&list=UUWhQwvCaC2ZMkCnrC15NfAw[/url]
Then I installed a custom recovery ( CWM ) via Odin and made the backup of my device.
After that, I installed the file T320XXU1BND3_T320OXA1BND3_BTU on my device via Odin and everything seems 99% better now ( still have to test it a bit more, but after a full day of use, no more tapping twice after trying to scroll and no more undesirable clicks )
My device was bought in Brasil, and I had no problem after the installation.
The Build number shown in the device is KOT49H.T320XXU1BND3.

xpto32

Apr 9, 2009
Belo Horizonte
Thanks a lot!!! Mine is T-320, I installed T320XXU1BND3 and the problem is completely gone! I didn't have to wipe. All apps and settings from the original rom remained. No knox trip. Here is the link with intructions, if someone is interested: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=29095
Bad news. The solution didn't last, after some days the problem went back. I also tried every possible combination in "SGS screen booster" with no luck. Unfortunately I will have to send the tablet to customer supoort.

kernelhappy

Apr 17, 2011
SGS Booster DOES WORK (at least it seems like it)

Ok, so I picked up a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 from BestBuy for $199, like the tablet at first but the touch sensitivity was driving me nuts, it was almost impossible to rearrange icons on the home screen. I thought the deal was a bust and was about to return the tablet when I found this thread.

After installing SGS Booster, I was disappointed at first because it didn't seem to make a difference. I was Googling around some more when it dawned on me that there was a "start service on boot" checkbox. I enabled the option and gave it a reboot just for grins and giggles, instant improvement. I have the sensitivity set to 52 and I lowered the minimum motion to 1 (from default of 3).

I don't know if it will continue to help (others have reported that after a wipe its better only for a short time), but hopefully it's a solution.

nrthwds

Jan 27, 2014
Are these different model numbers or build numbers? How can they be a different size? Are the kernal version numbers different? Please let us know. Something must be different.
Thanks

mingkee

Are these different model numbers or build numbers? How can they be a different size? Are the kernal version numbers different? Please let us know. Something must be different.
Thanks

They're with exactly same ROM (build number, kernel version, Android version, and NK1 ROM). I suspect it's hardware issue.
Touch on the good one is 100% perfect with no scrolling interruption or wrong touch even a glass plate has been installed.
Note: Brando one is pretty good though QC can be questionable. If you found something wrong (the first one has some chipping on one side), take a pic and send an email and they will send a replacement for free.

fslnwz101

Dec 2, 2012
Thanks dude. I bought the tab a while back and rooted/installed cm12. The sensitivity issue started bothering me soon. Screen protector installed. I used your guidance, and the problem is gone. Thanks a lot

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Free mobile app

DonS

Mar 28, 2005
Ok, so I picked up a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 from BestBuy for $199, like the tablet at first but the touch sensitivity was driving me nuts, it was almost impossible to rearrange icons on the home screen. I thought the deal was a bust and was about to return the tablet when I found this thread.

After installing SGS Booster, I was disappointed at first because it didn't seem to make a difference. I was Googling around some more when it dawned on me that there was a "start service on boot" checkbox. I enabled the option and gave it a reboot just for grins and giggles, instant improvement. I have the sensitivity set to 52 and I lowered the minimum motion to 1 (from default of 3).

I don't know if it will continue to help (others have reported that after a wipe its better only for a short time), but hopefully it's a solution.

Thanks for these settings. I have the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 LTE SM-T325 running CM11. This app with the settings you listed worked well for me.

kernelhappy

Apr 17, 2011
Thanks for these settings. I have the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 LTE SM-T325 running CM11. This app with the settings you listed worked well for me.

For the sake of full disclosure, I ended up returning the Tab Pro 8.4 because the problem came back repeatedly. It was a shame. Worst part is that BestBuy didn't have any more to try another and now they're back up in price. For $200 I would have tried another to get a decent working one.

arabcian

Sep 1, 2015
i guess problem is not sensitivity its about ghost touches those happens when screen go sleep and return a reboot fixes it until your screen sleeps again i couldnt find a resolution for it yet waiting for lollipop update...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So my two Tab Pros were driving me bonkers because of the oversensitive screen was making the device almost useless, opening apps when I didn't want and being too sensitive to register touch and hold.

I downloaded an app from the Play Store which fixed the problem on both. SGS Screen Booster. Please note that I'm not spamming the forum with this-just wanted to pass it on as this issue was driving me nuts!

On the sensitivity adjustment I moved it from default of 40 to 45-50. This is with a screen protector and now both tabs are a pleasure to use. :good:

Rich
    The new firmware for SM-T325 fixed the problem T325XXU1BNE3
    So my two Tab Pros were driving me bonkers because of the oversensitive screen was making the device almost useless, opening apps when I didn't want and being too sensitive to register touch and hold.

I downloaded an app from the Play Store which fixed the problem on both. SGS Screen Booster. Please note that I'm not spamming the forum with this-just wanted to pass it on as this issue was driving me nuts!

On the sensitivity adjustment I moved it from default of 40 to 45-50. This is with a screen protector and now both tabs are a pleasure to use. :good:

Rich

Sweet. That will help a lot of guys. Thanks for sharing buddy.
    Thanks for sharing this. It does work! Though the problem still happens but the frequency really can be ignored. The interesting part is this is an old app for Galaxy S (I9000), I bet the developer didn't expect saving samsung's ass again 2 years later.

Glad to be of help-I've gotten so much out of the forum that I'm pleased to give something back at last!

Rich
    is this for when you scrolling on the tab, it'll sometimes register as a click?