[ROM][WWE][5 OCT] SwiftBL Diamond ROM V7.5 Full+Lite [0|12|16MBPP][Full CE 5.2.20755]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ninja.rogue

Oct 12, 2007
Modena
@ Swiftblade

@ Swiftblade

I have installed 6.0 full, with 1.00.25.05 Radio.
First of all, thank you very much: the Rom is very quick and I have tried almost all of them and like it the most.
But I have a big problem, at least until I get a high capacity battery.

My battery gets exhausted very quickly.
Switched on at 08.00 am and now at 14.00 after 6 hours and 55' phone calls, 20 min TomTom and 10 sms, 5 min Opera, 10 min for file search and gaming and now phone battery is 10% only left. Just 6 hours.
I have used Advanced Config my settings are:
Performances - File System Cache 4mb / File system filter cache 8192 sectors
each item under Power Management is enabled but SD Memory Management (which I thought it wasn't needed as there is no sd card)
disabled GPRS auto attach
Under comm manager I have set GSM radio only (no 3G)

Can you help me to have better battery consumption, please? :)

SB, just in case you missed this message....
If it wasn't for battery consumption, this Rom would be the best for me.

Swiftblade

Jun 22, 2007
I'm using 6.0 and I have the constant data connection on problem too. I kill the connection, and it returns a few moments later. I have turned off quickgps autoupdate and weather autoupdate. I don't know anything else that autoupdates. I finally had to use Modaco Nodata to kill it.

If Nodata works, then some auto-updates must be triggering the the data connection. Besides QuickGPS and Weather, there are alot of applications that activate the data connection, e.g. Google Maps, Opera 9.5, Push Mail, YouTube, TomTom, IGo, Internet Explorer, etc. just to name a few. In addition to these,
there are also programs installed by your goodself and your network operator in branded sets.

Swiftblade

Jun 22, 2007
I have installed 6.0 full, with 1.00.25.05 Radio.
First of all, thank you very much: the Rom is very quick and I have tried almost all of them and like it the most.
But I have a big problem, at least until I get a high capacity battery.

My battery gets exhausted very quickly.
Switched on at 08.00 am and now at 14.00 after 6 hours and 55' phone calls, 20 min TomTom and 10 sms, 5 min Opera, 10 min for file search and gaming and now phone battery is 10% only left. Just 6 hours.
I have used Advanced Config my settings are:
Performances - File System Cache 4mb / File system filter cache 8192 sectors
each item under Power Management is enabled but SD Memory Management (which I thought it wasn't needed as there is no sd card)
disabled GPRS auto attach
Under comm manager I have set GSM radio only (no 3G)

Can you help me to have better battery consumption, please?

ninja.rogue said:
If it wasn't for battery consumption, this Rom would be the best for me.

Yes, I did miss your question in the midst of the mayhem. Is that your usual usage pattern? Seems quite heavy usage and I am not surprise with the results you mentioned.

The main battery drain is the 55' call time especially with this rom which set the "Display On During Calls". Keeping the backlight on for almost an hour is a major battery drain. What I can suggest is that you press the "Power" button lightly once to turn off screen display when you making a long call that don't require you to interact with the screen. Cheers

If it wasn't for battery consumption, this Rom would be the best for me.[/QUOTE]

StyL3-Ivan

Aug 15, 2008
anyone noe y when i enable GSen... e.g. i open MS Word..i tilt the screen.. den i tilt it back.... after that it auto minmise the prog & go back to start?

cptsunshine

Feb 13, 2008
Bavaria
Swift: don't let stupid/annoying questions bother you. The new 6.0 is sexy and the thread hit count proves this!
Good job, this is elite cooking :)

Swiftblade

Jun 22, 2007
hey.... i hope i'm not disturbing swift.. i juz wanna to clarify my doubts...

if u are nt happy, u can choose not to read my post.

Don't worry... I am not the least disturb..:) and I do choose who and what I want to answer :D

But do keep the questions relevant though if not this thread will get too long (already 200 pages) to be useful for anyone who want to find some answers to their queries with the roms... Cheers

shinken1

Aug 22, 2008
Used Dutty's 1.6 for a week and now using your ROM and yours does feel "smoother".
Thanks for your hard work & making my frustratingly slow MDA IV work like its supposed to.

novalistic

Sep 22, 2007
Hi Swiftblade,

For quite sometime after uninstall & didn't install Wisbar Advanced 3, cause give lots of problems . . . . Like top bar missing lah & Start menu delay lah :confused:, even TD run slowly lah :mad:. (That time using v4.0 & 5.0)

Now, try to install WA3 again. WOW :eek: . . . No such problems already leh. :cool:

Following programs run with my TD:
2nd Today & PocketBreeze
HiCalc
Coreplayer
MSDict
MDict
RescoExplorer
Resco Photo Viewer
Resco Soduku
MapKing
SplashID
Spb Finance
World Card
CEStar
Advantlogic Transport Guide

Touch Diamond (SingTel ROM)
ROM: SwiftBL WWE Diamond v6.0 Full ROM
Radio: 1.00.25.05

Last edited:

skrap3

Aug 1, 2008
Krefeld
Hi Swiftblade,

For quite sometime after uninstall & didn't install Wisbar Advanced 3, cause give lots of problems . . . . Like top bar missing lah & Start menu delay lah :confused:, even TD run slowly lah :mad:. (That time using v4.0 & 5.0)

Now, try to install WA3 again. WOW :eek: . . . No such problems already leh. :cool:

Following programs run with my TD:
2nd Today & PocketBreeze
HiCalc
Coreplayer
MSDict
MDict
RescoExplorer
Resco Photo Viewer
Resco Soduku
MapKing
SplashID
Spb Finance
World Card
CEStar
Advantlogic Transport Guide

Touch Diamond (SingTel ROM)
ROM: SwiftBL WWE Diamond v6.0 Full ROM
Radio: 1.00.25.05

can you tell me which win skin this is?

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Aug 12, 2008
Don't worry... I am not the least disturb..:) and I do choose who and what I want to answer :D

But do keep the questions relevant though if not this thread will get too long (already 200 pages) to be useful for anyone who want to find some answers to their queries with the roms... Cheers

Hi Swift.. I am yet to flash your 6.0.. still using the 5.6 and see no reason to flash it with the new one (hehe.. i know something u dont wanna hear ;))

Anyway.. i know I will.. hehe.. I wanna know how I can donate towards your work? I am not very rich guy, but still would like to show my appreciation of ur work with a little token :)

Cheers!!

Onasis

Sep 27, 2006
The main battery drain is the 55' call time especially with this rom which set the "Display On During Calls". Keeping the backlight on for almost an hour is a major battery drain. What I can suggest is that you press the "Power" button lightly once to turn off screen display when you making a long call that don't require you to interact with the screen. Cheers

hi swift, maybe lame question, but... how can i set "Display OFF During Calls"? while ON, i press various buttons with my ear during calls ;)

Swiftblade

Jun 22, 2007
hi swift, maybe lame question, but... how can i set "Display OFF During Calls"? while ON, i press various buttons with my ear during calls ;)

The fastest way as I mentioned above is to press to "Power" button before you put it near your ear. If you want a permanent solution, refer to Q4 of the FAQ Section on the 3rd Post of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have downloaded the rom, its cool..

I just need some info on radio 1.00.25.05, what is this for? How do i flash this on to my device?

what do i do with the .nbh file?

thanks
    In the PDA, where do i put the removed ringtones back again?
    Yes, no need to run OliNex's Unsigned HardSPL 1.40 again...

Will your ROM work if I have the Signed OilNex's SIGNED HARDSPL installed? I believe this is the one on my machine.
    Hey guys

since you always prove to be so resourceful, I was wondering....is there a way to pass login&passoword in the proxy string arguments along with the port? something like...

Proxyname.Domain.Local:8080&Login&Password

Is there a proxy relevant syntax for that?

In that case I could tell Opera to use my authenticated proxy and work around it!

Possible or am I only daydreaming??

I am guessing theere is not so much of info to amend in the opera setup.. plus you probably cannot embedd this sytax in Opera as it is ROM dependent.. Swift/ Andrew??? your views??