Meizu MX

Search This thread

treborbula1

Oct 14, 2011
New York
I Recently came upon this Chinese android device whos UI is a little different from what were used to but nonetheless it looks awesome and i wonder why isnt there a forum section for those devices well i would love for you guys to start commenting and giving out ideas as for a port id download this baby, check out the images, videos and some link ill post

http://en.meizu.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZZiEmDCIbCg

well please just have fun and post your opinions thanks:)

Attachments

• Meizu_MX_contest.jpg
    Meizu_MX_contest.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 962
  • Meizu_MX_reviews.jpg
    Meizu_MX_reviews.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 951
  • meizume_mx_review_header.jpg
    meizume_mx_review_header.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 904
  • MX_M9_ICS.jpg
    MX_M9_ICS.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 910
Last edited:

stremax

Oct 14, 2011
vasto
that's a nice phone but googling and is priced up to 600$ too much for a chinese phone even if high ended

Kismaci

Jan 1, 2010
Budakalasz
Racism? Meizu makes good phones but it would probably be a nightmare getting warranty support since they are based in China. At $600 I wouldn't get one either.

It's a bit more complicated: you need to post the phone and will get back after repair...

IMHO, Meizu is a very good firm; I have an MP4 player from them, the M3 Music Card. The pure quality of the device, and the SOUND quality is amazing. Simple amazing.

The phone contains the same Wolfson chip which in the MP3 players.

Currently I am waiting for their quad-core Meizu MX 32 gb version... :)

stremax

Oct 14, 2011
vasto
racism?????

that's not racism, my next purchase will be an Ainol Aurora, my idea is 600$ is a lot of money, and I'd like to spend this money to a consistent brand, I mean, in Italy Meizu has no resellers and no warranty, so this is why i'll never spend 600$ for this phone

eksasol

Nov 22, 2009
here is a review: http://www.meizume.com/meizu-mx/14178-meizu-mx-review.html

However, due to no microsd and non-removable battery, putting it in the iphone territory for me, so I would not likely buy it. Also I need developers interests, CWM or something, or I will destroy the phone very quickly.

It has some good thing going for it, same 1.4ghz Exynos CPU as the Note + Wolfson dac + Pentaband (tmobile + att 3G compatible). It's what the Galaxy Nexus should had been spec wise.

Last edited:

KapWorldDevp2

May 13, 2012
Meerut
It is a great device if you want to buy it. Almost features like iPhone 4S- 640*960, Dual core processor, 8 MP Camera, No memory card slot, Micro Sim support, very good design phone and gaming graphics are amazing, screen resolution of the phone and other things are really nice if I want to buy it I will definitely buy it. Meizu is like that Apple remove all its limitations from their iPhone.

May 15, 2012
I remember the MX launching with lots of fanfare. I think they are the up and coming mobile brand in China with a focus on awesome phones.

juzz86

Retired Senior Moderator
I have one, and it's a beautiful device. There's a stock ICS ROM available for it. It rivals many mainstream manufacturers on build quality and the performance is ridiculous.

They are also releasing a quad-core Exynos update, which will come with 32GB of storage.

I was skeptical before I purchased also, but I definitely recommend it now that the price has dropped a little. It is a fantastic phone :)

juzz86

Retired Senior Moderator
^………… u looking to sell it.? I. Would love it.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA

I would enjoy passing it onto someone who would get as much out of it as I have :) my only issue with selling it is that Australia Post have an embargo on Lithium batteries, making it prohibitively expensive to ship anything containing a Lithium cell out of the country.

They aren't particularly hard to source anymore though, thankfully. There's a member in the Marketplace called 'droid_does' who can get them to you for around the $400 mark. They're only $50 more directly from Hong Kong on eBay, which is where I got mine. That included six-day UPS shipping, too.

:)

Reactions: gplock

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wow, you have taken a meizu mx!
    could you tell us something about the screen quality, expecially in comparison to your previous phone?
    i'm interested in: brightness, contrast, and the distance of the screen from the glass.
    i'm very interested in this beautiful phone, i would like to buy one but before i want to know more on the screen.

thanks

i had the galaxy nexus before, the galaxy nexus has a 1.280×720 resolution on amoled display and 315 ppi (this is a lie cause the pentile-matrix), i liked the display.

my new meizu has a 960 x 540 resolution on a AVS display and 292 real ppi. Im really suprised from this display, amoled has strong colors and looks really nice, but the meizu even has nice colors. The contrast looks nice to, on full strength the dispay seems to be brighter than the nexus and it is better to read in the direct sun. And i dont see any pixel, a really good display i think.

The Mx is really good pohne, i think Meizu should go international with it.

a good compare-picture:
    dsc0212.jpg

ps: excuse my bad english :D
    ^………… u looking to sell it.? I. Would love it.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA

I would enjoy passing it onto someone who would get as much out of it as I have :) my only issue with selling it is that Australia Post have an embargo on Lithium batteries, making it prohibitively expensive to ship anything containing a Lithium cell out of the country.

They aren't particularly hard to source anymore though, thankfully. There's a member in the Marketplace called 'droid_does' who can get them to you for around the $400 mark. They're only $50 more directly from Hong Kong on eBay, which is where I got mine. That included six-day UPS shipping, too.

:)