[ROM][NC] Unofficial CM9 Nightly builds - with/without OpenGL

Search This thread

routey

May 18, 2012
Is anyone else having problems downloading through Goo update manager tonight? I get an error on every download, at least one md5 failure. Can't download any roms now. Other internet connectivity works fine. Any ideas?

Update: looks like the browser is borked, too. Play store allows for some apps to download, others hang. Thunderbolt on same wifi connection has no problems. I just installed aVia, any chance that could be my problem? Will try removing it in the morning.
Sent from my NookColor using xda app-developers app

goo manager have never worked for me, download always fails.. i have to download the latest cm9 every night and manually add it to my sdcard to flash :laugh:

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Is anyone else having problems downloading through Goo update manager tonight? I get an error on every download, at least one md5 failure. Can't download any roms now. Other internet connectivity works fine. Any ideas?

Update: looks like the browser is borked, too. Play store allows for some apps to download, others hang. Thunderbolt on same wifi connection has no problems. I just installed aVia, any chance that could be my problem? Will try removing it in the morning.
Sent from my NookColor using xda app-developers app
I think GooManager was updated a month or so ago to use it's own download manager instead of the browser's. That could be the problem. aVia might be interfering with that too.

Homer_S_xda

Dec 5, 2010
I think GooManager was updated a month or so ago to use it's own download manager instead of the browser's. That could be the problem. aVia might be interfering with that too.
Funny, works ok, even via ProxyDroid since the change. I'm now running GM v. 2.1.1

Part of the issue I was having is it was trying to write to a path it did not have privileges to.

Homer

Tiezane

Jan 30, 2011
Raleigh, NC

It was working fine until recently. I know this isn't too helpful, I don't know which nightly I am on right now. As soon as I have a chance, I'll let you know.

EDIT: running the 7/29 nightly. Uninstalled aVia and now I can surf the web, but I still get md5 failures on every attempt to download a Rom through GooManager.

Going to try a a direct download next.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

gjbnh

Mar 15, 2009
Lost Wifi

Have never had this happen before with nightly build, but the 8/6 killed my WiFi. It sees the router, but says the signal is weak, even thou I'm 3 feet from the router. When the WiFi cycles, the signal strength is full, but when it tries to connect, the signal strength is poor again. Very annoying after having such a good experience with the nightlys/

Turns out a setting in the router got changed, we now good...nothing to see here....move along

Last edited:

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
Is it possable to add support for OTA update center (Over Wi-Fi or data ROM updater)? Or look into it at least. This would make updates really easy.

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Is it possable to add support for OTA update center (Over Wi-Fi or data ROM updater)? Or look into it at least. This would make updates really easy.
You need to be more specific as to what you are looking for. Goo Manager and Rom Manager already sort of do that. They will update your rom when there is one available and you agree to it. Did you want something different?

eyeballer

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2010
teamw.in
You need to be more specific as to what you are looking for. Goo Manager and Rom Manager already sort of do that. They will update your rom when there is one available and you agree to it. Did you want something different?

He's talking about this: https://otaupdatecenter.pro

I've looked into it, and won't be implementing it for a couple of reasons:
1) You have to manually enter each build into their website for it show up as an OTA - not practical for my automated builds
2) They rely on an outside host (eg goo.im etc), so it's just another potential point of failure if their site is down
3) Goo Manager works fine, and is about to get a major overhaul to v3.0 so hold tight for that ;)

Reactions: leapinlar

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
Oops! I left out the link xD Sorry about that.

https://www.otaupdatecenter.pro/?page=home

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

He's talking about this: https://otaupdatecenter.pro

I've looked into it, and won't be implementing it for a couple of reasons:
1) You have to manually enter each build into their website for it show up as an OTA - not practical for my automated builds
2) They rely on an outside host (eg goo.im etc), so it's just another potential point of failure if their site is down
3) Goo Manager works fine, and is about to get a major overhaul to v3.0 so hold tight for that ;)

Thats a few reasons xD, but anyway ok sounds good.

ibilln

Jan 17, 2012
San Francisco
Does the current nightly (cm-9-encore-20120810-0700-unofficial.zip) have the Krylon360 pushes of this am?

I don't understand the timing on various messages to XDA-Dev, the timing of the eyeballer builds, to exactly what K360 is pushing, or, I guess, much of anything.

In the off-chance the question makes sense, I'll be v. happy to see an answer (!).

boomn

Feb 2, 2011
Does the current nightly (cm-9-encore-20120810-0700-unofficial.zip) have the Krylon360 pushes of this am?

I don't understand the timing on various messages to XDA-Dev, the timing of the eyeballer builds, to exactly what K360 is pushing, or, I guess, much of anything.

In the off-chance the question makes sense, I'll be v. happy to see an answer (!).

Those changes are all being done in a separate branch for developing CM10 and public builds are not being posted yet as it is still a quickly changing work-in-progress. This thread is still for the CM9 branch that won't be seeing any more major changes

Reactions: ibilln

radioraheem

Oct 8, 2010
Forgive me if this has already been covered, but does anyone know why goomanager seems to have been removed from the install zips? I did search this thread and was not able to find an answer (yet). Thanks in advance all.

eyeballer

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2010
teamw.in
Forgive me if this has already been covered, but does anyone know why goomanager seems to have been removed from the install zips? I did search this thread and was not able to find an answer (yet). Thanks in advance all.

That's a good question, it should be there.. I'll look into it.

Edit: fixed (for 8/14 builds)

Last edited:

Deegan87

Sep 9, 2010
Those changes are all being done in a separate branch for developing CM10 and public builds are not being posted yet as it is still a quickly changing work-in-progress. This thread is still for the CM9 branch that won't be seeing any more major changes

:( I was hoping we'd see the hw acceleration that was mentioned in that thread.

Reactions: speedfreak007

tillerr

Mar 26, 2011
m-Secure/Dropbox

Is there a known issue that is preventing m-Secure from syncing with Dropbox? When I try to do this I lose my internet connection.

stolenmoment

Mar 27, 2011
Forgive me if this has already been covered, but does anyone know why goomanager seems to have been removed from the install zips?

Along those lines, GooManager is misbehaving for me. I've installed yesterday's non-open nightly (0815). When I check for updates, it notifies that there is an update ready, but tapping the notification only dismisses it, rather than going to the download page. I can browse the compatible ROMs, get to the builds, and download, but the very welcome automation is gone.

I've deleted data, installed from Market (a mistake, I now believe), gone in with Root Explorer and deleted all the (hopefully) relevant files I could find before installing the latest ROM, but no luck.

Thanks for any help you can render!

amartir5809

Sep 1, 2010
Home button not working?

For some reason the home button is not working... Both the soft button in the notification bar and the hard "n" button on the nook. The "n" will work to wake the device though

RoboticBuddy

Aug 14, 2012
Is there a way to "manage" the nav bar buttons, like in the official Cyanogenmod 7 builds, or like in AOKP? Because I'd really like to permanently add the Menu button, and set the buttons close to each other, not too spread apart :p

And whenever I try to install an APK, for example, from Dropbox, it always restarts and goes to the boot screen, and freezes there. I have the OpenGL version, if that helps.
R800i. 'Nuff said.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As of 9/4 opengl is enabled on all builds (so no more double builds each night) and hardware UI acceleration is working. Thanks krylon360 for the work :)

In the same spirit as Samiam303 I've been building and hosting nightly builds of CM9 for the community to use. In particular I'm now building nightlies with OpenGL rendering turned on in addition to non-openGL builds (same as Samiam303). These builds are all straight sync with CM source with no additional mods. Builds are sync'd at 3am EST for non-openGL and 4am EST for openGL - they will be available to download approx 15 mins after their sync times.

So what does OpenGL rendering mean? It means we have some form of hardware acceleration for the UI and apps. It is not full hw accel and it is not hw video decoding. The couple of things you'll notice work is wallpaper scrolling in the launcher and chrome beta will mostly work to render webpages but will fc if you go into settings. Flash also somewhat works - I've found you definitely need to OC to get some flash videos to work, most still are not smooth.

The downside to it seems to vary user to user, some people report sluggish responses and some get lock ups, a few have no problems at all..

Either way, give them a try and report back. Please try to keep the thread on topic of these builds only, other mods can be flashed over, but that discussion should be in the respective thread. I'd also like to revisit keyodi's suggestion here (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22277804#post22277804) - a few people reported good results with that change. Any more feedback?

Downloads

There's a few ways to get the builds:
    1) Browse the hosted folder here: http://techerrata.com/browse/nightly_kangs/encore
    2) Follow @CM_Encore on twitter for announcements of the builds as they hit the host (PLEASE NOTE: @CM_Encore IS A TWITTER BOT - don't bother tweeting at it)
    3) *NEW* Use the Goo Manager app to receive notifications of new builds and download them directly on your nook. With Goo Manager you can also get incremental updates, see my post here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25441065#post25441065

Latest ICS gapps can be found here http://goo-inside.me/gapps or mirrored here http://techerrata.com/browse/gapps

Updates

For the latest updates/announcements follow me on twitter, or check back here.

5/9/12: Goo Manager now comes pre-installed to make updating as easy as possible :)
    4/28/12: Incremental updates are available for the flash-a-holics: See http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25441065#post25441065
    3/10/12: Due to some merges yesterday you may need to reflash gapps when going from a nightly prior to 3/9 to later than 3/9

Credit and Thanks
    Thanks to fattire, dalingrin and the rest of the CM encore theme for making this possible. Thanks to fellow TeamWin members Kevank for providing the hosting and to s0up for the Goo app.
    The 9/4 nightly includes all of krylon's changes, and opengl is now enabled by default so there will only be 1 build each night from now on (unless something changes again). In testing we haven't experienced any freezes or random reboots with the new code and opengl enabled, of course with wider testing we may discover something.
    I've decided to pause the nightlies at this point. If most people are on 9/4 we can start to see if there's any specific issues affecting all users that might be able to be resolved with the goal being as stable a cm9 release as possible. There isn't much being merged into the cm9 tree upstream so we're not losing anything by building less frequency.

So go ahead and install 9/4, if I see something of significance merged upstream I'll kick off a new public build.
    Nightlies will now feature HWA and full Hardware Decoding, as well as working Flash.

Known issues.
    Netflix - Stupid Stupid App. :p - Giving the same error as we are getting in JB, so when we fix one, we will fix the other.

Fruit Ninja - Hangs at the loading screen. - Known issue across several devices.
    I've decided to pause the nightlies at this point. If most people are on 9/4 we can start to see if there's any specific issues affecting all users that might be able to be resolved with the goal being as stable a cm9 release as possible. There isn't much being merged into the cm9 tree upstream so we're not losing anything by building less frequency.

So go ahead and install 9/4, if I see something of significance merged upstream I'll kick off a new public build.

thanks eye.
    This gives me a chance to hack in the PBHACK which will bring down the memory usage of SystemUI like I did in JB.
    Gonna take some work since it didnt like some of the syntax usage when I attempted the 1st time.
    Will try to get to this sometime this week. Have my Grandma coming to town on Sunday, so will be unavail this weekend/next week.