Straight Talk Galaxy S3 4.3 / 4.4.2 APN settings?

Search This thread

Robert417919

Jun 27, 2012
So I have a Galaxy S3, non-rooted, on Straight Talk. Before I updated to 4.3 LTE, SMS and MMS all worked fine. But now that I have updated I can't get MMS to work. I can send them but not receive them. Can anyone on with a S3 that has 4.3 on ST get or receive MMS? If so do you mind helping me out please.

Code:
Doesn't get MMS
Name: STRAIGHT TALK 
APN: tfdata
Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Port: 80
Username: <Blank>
Password: <Blank>
Server: <Blank>
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: None
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN Protocol: <Grayed Out>
APN roaming protocol: <Grayed Out>
Turn APN on/off: <Grayed Out>
Bearer: Unspecified
Mobile virtual network operator..: None
Mobile virtual network operator..: <Grayed Out>

Last edited:

Walknmemfs

Sep 4, 2012
Shawnee
sending mms

So I have a Galaxy S3, non-rooted, on Straight Talk. Before I updated to 4.3 LTE, SMS and MMS all worked fine. But now that I have updated I can't get MMS to work. I can send them but not receive them. Can anyone on with a S3 that has 4.3 on ST get or receive MMS? If so do you mind helping me out please.

Code:
Doesn't get MMS
Name: STRAIGHT TALK 
APN: tfdata
Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Port: 80
Username: <Blank>
Password: <Blank>
Server: <Blank>
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: None
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN Protocol: <Grayed Out>
APN roaming protocol: <Grayed Out>
Turn APN on/off: <Grayed Out>
Bearer: Unspecified
Mobile virtual network operator..: None
Mobile virtual network operator..: <Grayed Out>

Not sure if this will help but be sure your mobile data is on. I on on at&t and mostly have to have the data on to send MMS. Some of the customs Roms like wicked sensation has a zip file to allow sending MMS via WiFi..

Robert417919

Jun 27, 2012
Yea I leave mobile date connected even when on WiFi... Looks like flashing a ROM might do the trick since the issue seems to be related to the stock OTA update.

Not sure if this will help but be sure your mobile data is on. I on on at&t and mostly have to have the data on to send MMS. Some of the customs Roms like wicked sensation has a zip file to allow sending MMS via WiFi..

Walknmemfs

Sep 4, 2012
Shawnee
custom rom

Yea I leave mobile date connected even when on WiFi... Looks like flashing a ROM might do the trick since the issue seems to be related to the stock OTA update.

yeah I love it when the updates have added features at no extra cost that you cannot get rid of. also, check into the PAC man rom. it is 4.3 based and is very stable. its a hybrid of Paranoid, AOKP, and CM. tons of options and excellent battery life, I get avg 18hrs no problems. I have issues with most of the 4.4 roms, seems like somewhere something sucks the battery dead. but still a WIP.

MasterSe7en

Jun 21, 2010
Worcester
hey rob, im dealing with the exact same issue as you on my sisters S3, on straight talk also, i can send, but when i send her a MMS, it asks her to download it and then says download failed, im on wicked sensations, so hopefully i can get this straightened out

Robert417919

Jun 27, 2012
I saw on another forum that once the plan expired and you renewed it the problem fixed its self.. and it DID!!! My plan refilled on the 12th. It took a few days but about noon today my phone said insert SIM. Puzzled I just powered off, took the batter and SIM out and reversed and powered back on. Thinking of what that person said I sent myself a MMS .. and it worked! Had my girlfriend send my a picture too and it work. I also sent her one. So yea.. MMS seems to fix its self when you refill you plan after it expires. Hope this helps and works for others!

Having the same issue on A S3 here also. Any news on this?

Reactions: kb9klc

kb9klc

Dec 27, 2012
St. Louis
I saw on another forum that once the plan expired and you renewed it the problem fixed its self.. and it DID!!! My plan refilled on the 12th. It took a few days but about noon today my phone said insert SIM. Puzzled I just powered off, took the batter and SIM out and reversed and powered back on. Thinking of what that person said I sent myself a MMS .. and it worked! Had my girlfriend send my a picture too and it work. I also sent her one. So yea.. MMS seems to fix its self when you refill you plan after it expires. Hope this helps and works for others!

Ok, thanks. She renews at the end of the month so we'll see what happens.

vladrussian

Aug 27, 2010
Had exact same issue on my wife's s3 after updating to 4.3.... allot of bugs and junk came with that update... Fixed it by first while on screen where you can enter newapn I clicked menu and reset to default. Than I took sim out and put into another phone and sent picture message to it on another phone. Than inserted back into her s3 and it started working. Maybe you don't even need another phone. .. Just try to reset apn to default and turn off than turn on without sim than turn off and put sim card in and enter the apn settings than save and try again. Hope this helps.

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
Try to change the MMS proxy: from, mms3.tracfone.com to, mms2.tracfone.com

I'm on net 10 (same stuff different flavor) that fixed my issues with MMS messages.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

quetzalcoatl1111

Jan 24, 2014
Where's his ok their post?

Robert417919;49 pity r my plan to expire 96754 said:
I saw on another forum that once the plan expired and you renewed it the problem fixed itwe irk loo ngs self.. and it DID!!! My plan refilled on the 12th. It took a few days but about noon today my phone said insert SIM. Puzzled I just powered off, took the batter and SIM out and reversed and powered back on. Thinking of what that person said I sent myself a MMS .. and it worked! Had my girlfriend send my a picture too and it work. I also sent her one. So yea.. MMS seems to fix its self when you refill you plan after it expires. Hope this helps and works for others!

HI. Where was this poi their post about it fixing . Out... I have an S3 on Straight talk. I UPdated and mms stoped
...should I just wait for my plan to expire or can I buy a card sooner

BFarmer1980

Sep 13, 2013
Im dealing with same issues, But i buy the yearly straight talk plan. so if i have to wait a year good lord.

This. I'm on a 90 day plan. Doesn't expire until April 27. So, is there some way to get Straight Talk to, in effect, do whatever it is that's done when an account is refilled, while still maintaining the time I have left? It seems to me that if so many different people are reporting this as the only solution (and multiple searches reflect this to be the only thing that works), if there were some way to get Straight Talk to do it manually, that'd be a great fix.

Last edited:

cjtownsend

Mar 29, 2014
Follow Up

motor agencde
Hello! I just put an AT&T phone on Straight Talk. It worked great for one day, then 4.3 muffed it all up. I have the same APN as you listed, and nothing is fixing my problem of not getting SMS Pictures / multimedia.
I was just wanting to follow up and see if you ever found a solution to your problem?
Thanks!!

sp73smith

Sep 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
motor agencde
Hello! I just put an AT&T phone on Straight Talk. It worked great for one day, then 4.3 muffed it all up. I have the same APN as you listed, and nothing is fixing my problem of not getting SMS Pictures / multimedia.
I was just wanting to follow up and see if you ever found a solution to your problem?
Thanks!!

My girlfriend is on straight talk and has no issues. Here is the APN she uses:

APN:tfdata
MMSC:http://mms-tf.net
PROXY:mms3.tracfone.com
PORT:80
MCC:310
MNC:410
APN TYPE:default,supl,mms,admin,fota,hipri (no spaces after commas)

everything else is blank. If this doesn't work try changing the proxy to 66.209.11.3

Leandre20

Oct 3, 2012
Saint Louis
Manually putting in the information works but straight talk has a data apn app on the play store and it will walk you through the steps, for me when I got to the bearer I just clicked LE and I am on LTE right now with straight talk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Bobby8451

Nov 21, 2014
yeah I love it when the updates have added features at no extra cost that you cannot get rid of. also, check into the PAC man rom. it is 4.3 based and is very stable. its a hybrid of Paranoid, AOKP, and CM. tons of options and excellent battery life, I get avg 18hrs no problems. I have issues with most of the 4.4 roms, seems like somewhere something sucks the battery dead. but still a WIP.

I just installed Cyanogenmod by HELLFIRE on my Straight Talk SCH-S968C Galaxy S3, but the rom is for the Verizon version of S3 the I535. I can make calls and send text but cannot use data.:mad: What can I do?:crying: Someone told me to go into Build.Prop and edit it but I dont know what lines to change or anything. Could use some help, love this rom and want to use it. Any ideas, thanx:fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    motor agencde
    Thanks!!

My girlfriend is on straight talk and has no issues. Here is the APN she uses:

APN:tfdata
    MMSC:http://mms-tf.net
    PROXY:mms3.tracfone.com
    PORT:80
    MCC:310
    MNC:410
    APN TYPE:default,supl,mms,admin,fota,hipri (no spaces after commas)

everything else is blank. If this doesn't work try changing the proxy to 66.209.11.3

Having the same issue on A S3 here also. Any news on this?
    What was this? Did you change your mind bro?

lol.wrong thread. using phone , couldnt delete completely. my bad.

"all i can really do , is stay out of my own way and let the will of heaven be done"