Installing ICS stunner...froze on boot??

7th April 2012, 02:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58

398 posts
Hi,

I've been using GB roms/kernels for awhile, and decided to try out ICS. I was following the instructions for stunner and failed at the very first step (flashing stock rom - I used mobile Odin and picked a random stock rom, KJ6 from ketan's thread). It rebooted, flashed, then got stuck on samsung logo vibrating 3 then 1 time, forever. Rebooting didn't help. I tried to get into recovery mode, it worked and got into CWM, and I'm now restoring my nandroid.

Did I do something wrong? My original phone was LC1 when I bought it - should I have used this stock rom instead??

Thanks!

Edit: was using mobile odin the problem? I went back and read ketan's guide..seems like he directs us to use pc odin to flash older roms..
7th April 2012, 04:42 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 2,509

7,070 posts
Donate to Me
More
I It sounds like you're already on a properly rooted GB build so you have to flash the correct ICS-REPACK-LC1 through mobile Odin... Then once that's done you'll be in recovery.

Boot up phone and let it settle... Go back into recovery wipe data etc and then flash stunner.
It may hang on first boot and if it does just hold the power button till it reboots.

I personally have never even installed Odin for my pc... I've only used mobile Odin.

Sent from my GT-N7000
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread