Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,733 Members 53,844 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] SuperOSR and CyanogenMod7 on HTC ChaCha.

Tip us?

Flexmaen
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlx.xda View Post
AFAIK I'm the only one. So I guess I'll be the maintainer.
Uh oh, I hope you really like your Chacha, so that you'll have it long enough!

andyrew
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrew View Post
Ok took the plunge and installed. rom looks very nice but encountered a strange problem: dial a number the other phone gets answered i put my phone to my ear and it ends the call? also if i make a call and put the phone to my ear before it connects all is ok until i remove phone from ear then it ends the call?. Have i missed something in the settings or is it a bug?
update: tried to install the lib file zip found in a link on page 95 but got install error (0). found the lib file only in another post, pasted into /system/lib and the result was no signal. anyone have an idea how to fix this problem as the rom looks fantastic.

munishjoshi
Old
Thanks Meter 45
thats gr8 bro..congrats
Mobile Phones History

Samsung Galaxy Note 3-Current
Sony Xperia ZL-Sold
Samsung Galaxy Note 2-Sold
Samsung Galaxy Note-Sold
Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus-Sold
Htc Chacha-Sold
Samsung Galaxy Pro-Sold
Galaxy S-Sold
Samsung Omnia Pro-Sold
LG Cookie-Sold
Sony P1i-Sold[/SIZE][/B]

qbert456
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Does that mean official support for cm then?

sent usin' tapatalk innit.

thenoisemaker89
Old
(Last edited by thenoisemaker89; 13th May 2012 at 11:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Guys i've a problem with the CM7: often the green button won't work, it seems to be always pressed, and start repeatly the bluetooth vocal command. i think it's a bug, maded by... i don't know. I tried to notice when it happen but seems it's randomly, on normal use.

Ah the "bug" continue after reboot/turn off/restore a backup with CWM.

EDIT: when it happen the camera won't work, it shows black screen.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using XDA

Alex C.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoisemaker89 View Post
EDIT: when it happen the camera won't work, it shows black screen.
Did you activate front camera by any chance? Or by mistake using a chat application that tries to switch it on?

Go to settings -> applications -> camera -> clear data/clear cache then reboot your device.

Open the camera afterwards and confirm that the camera works.

thenoisemaker89
Old
(Last edited by thenoisemaker89; 14th May 2012 at 10:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex C. View Post
Did you activate front camera by any chance? Or by mistake using a chat application that tries to switch it on?

Go to settings -> applications -> camera -> clear data/clear cache then reboot your device.

Open the camera afterwards and confirm that the camera works.
No chance Alex, i noticed that because, while the phone is "bugged" with that, i want to make a photo and when open the camera application it shows me black screen only with the watermark of the settings and the mini picture of the last photo. So the application works well... but the camera no :/

EDIT: The phone still bugged after flashing the latest CM and during the bug the battery drain is bigger, from 1 AM to 9 AM i haven't used it and it consumed 40% of charge! Obviously with wi-fi and data off!

Flexmaen
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
No chance Alex, i noticed that because, while the phone is "bugged" with that, i want to make a photo and when open the camera application it shows me black screen only with the watermark of the settings and the mini picture of the last photo.
Similar problem here, I only get a black screen without anything else. This happens from time to time and I cannot really tell why. Sometimes the camera will crash soon, sometimes I can take pictures the whole day without needing to restart the phone.

Interesting thing I noticed: I installed "Volume Locker", and it didn't do anything. Then I noticed that "disable Volume Locker when using the camera" was enabeld. So when I disabled this point, Volume Locker worked like normal. That means that the camera seems to be in use all the time even when you don't take pictures.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flexmaen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thenoisemaker89
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I contacted the htc customer service through their chat on htc site and, obviously, they weren't useful. I think on saturday i'll come to the nearest htc center hoping they will help me.
Question: is there any way to have the phone like when i unboxed it? I can flash the stock rom, ok, but the recovery and the unlocked bootloader?

Alex C.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 489
Quote:
I contacted the htc customer service through their chat on htc site and, obviously, they weren't useful. I think on saturday i'll come to the nearest htc center hoping they will help me.
Question: is there any way to have the phone like when i unboxed it? I can flash the stock rom, ok, but the recovery and the unlocked bootloader?

Answer: possibly.

You can flash stock recovery and I think that the bootloader as well. Not sure though and I think that the unlocked flag might not revert to locked. In any case, you've lost your warranty the moment you have unlocked the bootloader.

Tags
chacha, cm7, cyanogenmod, turtles