Originally Posted by SimonTS
So ... you plan to glue the SD card in and cut the data wires on the USB port just to stop someone else from being able to flash a ROM on your phone?
1) This will invalidate your warranty
2) If you ever need to reflash your device you will be unable to
3) If your SD card does corrupt (it happens) you won't be able to change it
4) Anyone planning to steal your device won't know this stuff before they steal it, so you will still lose your phone
Remind me again, what are you planning to achieve by doing this?
Well ok, not trolling!
1) Warranty would be nice, yes, but in my experience if a device works a week it will continue to work, the thing is that warranties are cheaper for manufacturers than testing so they will leave that for users and replace faulty ones.
2) Yes i can flash, if i just copy a zip in to a sd card! Because i can do that, no one else cant!
3) Thats a point too, but basically i like more being afraid that my sd card faults than being afraid of robbery.
4) Ofcourse i have a note in the phone that promises a small reward for returning it. After thieves notice that the thing is useless they propably take the opportunity to get even some money.
And the big why is: What the F happened to the ages old concept of a lock?!? If i have (and i have) a cool bike i will buy a lock worth about half the bike. And it continues to be mine. What is that crap someone using my phone? Junkies everywhere go after smartphones & trade it for a ridiculous money and again people everywhere are more and more and more afraid! Then they buy Fkin guns! Thats so stupid. Just don't carry cash, lock your digitals and dont wear expensive suit, and you dont have to worry! I feel very let down that no manufacturer makes a safe phone. Maybe they have a contract with NRA or something? Or maybe they like thieves because then people have to buy new phones! It wouldnt be too hard to make some almost-hardware-pin lock, would it?
Thats a worldwide big problem and i hope someone takes care of it. If you can jailbreak something, cant you prevent it too? I think it should be possible.
But anyway F to samsung for not letting me have keys to my phone in the beginning, and forcing me to hack to reclaim it, it is MINE!