Where to go from here

Search This thread

crazifuzzy

Jun 30, 2010
So I'm one of the poor saps that has a locked 9.30.1 phone. I'd like to run KitKat, but need root. I can install SafeStrap find on this, and waste a ton of space to run a second ROM - but it is unclear what roms are available for safestrap installation. I don't need anything fancy, just an AOSP rooted kitkat running from safestrap - if that's even possible/available.

Any pointers?

killrhythm09

May 3, 2011
California
You can only use ROMs that work with the stock kernel that your system ROM is running. KitKat's would be a different version, so that rules it out.

Unfortunately, your options are pretty limited. Try Nexesque if you want something stable with all the bloat removed.

crazifuzzy

Jun 30, 2010
You can only use ROMs that work with the stock kernel that your system ROM is running. KitKat's would be a different version, so that rules it out.

Unfortunately, your options are pretty limited. Try Nexesque if you want something stable with all the bloat removed.

Not really all that critical then. Not a ton of KitKat features I really need, the better memory management would be nice, but not that necessary. I'll be fine hanging out on rooted 9.30.1 for now.