Echo to the other phone

Search This thread

svetliol

Mar 4, 2011
Sofia
Hi I have Z2 D6503 the European version and recently I realised I have a problem - when I speak with somebody the other person hears his worths like echo. It happens whith every call and various phones. Only the other person hears the echo, I dont hear it.
The phone is with the latest software. Hard reset doesn't fix it.
What could be the problem and how can I fix it?

strommy1966

Mar 5, 2012
Hi I have Z2 D6503 the European version and recently I realised I have a problem - when I speak with somebody the other person hears his worths like echo. It happens whith every call and various phones. Only the other person hears the echo, I dont hear it.

does the other person struggle to hear you too ? i am sending my Z2 back for so say repair , because i am so frustrated about the amount of calls i make where the other person either gets feedback or just cant hear me . for a flagship phone i think this is such a lack of quality control on sonys side . thing is there are a lot of people with this problem .. so if they just replace the microphone for another .. i cant see how this will fix anything . :(

feis

Dec 30, 2008
does the other person struggle to hear you too ? i am sending my Z2 back for so say repair , because i am so frustrated about the amount of calls i make where the other person either gets feedback or just cant hear me . for a flagship phone i think this is such a lack of quality control on sonys side . thing is there are a lot of people with this problem .. so if they just replace the microphone for another .. i cant see how this will fix anything . :(

Just because there are 10people on xda with microphone issues, doesnt mean all devices are like that. I dont see your logic, you seem to ignore all these other thousand users who dont have this problem

svetliol

Mar 4, 2011
Sofia
The other person hears my voice clear but because of the echo cant understand me. I tested a Skype and Viber calls and there is no echo, so I can conclude this is a software problem.

strommy1966

Mar 5, 2012
Just because there are 10people on xda with microphone issues, doesnt mean all devices are like that. I dont see your logic, you seem to ignore all these other thousand users who dont have this problem

well there is a lot more than Ten i can assure you ! when the phone first came out there were a lot of threads about the call quality ! my reasoning is that if it is a software issue ... then just replacing the microphone wont make any difference at all . and if its that the microphone itself, is just crap , changing it like for like wont help either ! :rolleyes:

svetliol

Mar 4, 2011
Sofia
It's not a network, interference or environment becouse I have tested the phone with different networks and plases. Tell me then why there is no problem on 3rd party apps like Viber and Skype?

strommy1966

Mar 5, 2012
Or mobile network, or interference or environment, or anything really. A few VoIP tests don't really result in software issues.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

well it was also interesting that i went into my local vodafone shop at the weekend as i needed a different size sim card for my daughters new phone . i was chatting to the lady that served us, and i mentioned to her the problems that i was having with the Z2 and the problems with the caller hearing sometimes .. and guess what ???? she had got the Z2 and she said she had had this issue at times too ! like i say its not every call .. but it is a large amount of them that this problem comes up. i certainly cant just wedge the phone under my chin and chat away like i could with my old galaxy S2 .. i have to be so careful how i hold this phone and keep the mic as close to my mouth as possible . and even then it wont always work. Not everybody that owns a Z2 will be members of XDA .. so its hard to asses how many handsets have this problem . but for me having to use this phone for work .. its not fit for purpose !

o0 Matt 0o

Jul 29, 2012
well it was also interesting that i went into my local vodafone shop at the weekend as i needed a different size sim card for my daughters new phone . i was chatting to the lady that served us, and i mentioned to her the problems that i was having with the Z2 and the problems with the caller hearing sometimes .. and guess what ???? she had got the Z2 and she said she had had this issue at times too !

Not trying to bait you, I'm just saying, if you are on Vodafone, Vodafone rep on Vodafone, good chance that the complaints Vodafone hears are from Vodafone customers, your daughter is on Vodafone so you call people on the Vodafone network. There is more in common then the software.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

Tell me then why there is no problem on 3rd party apps like Viber and Skype?

I am assuming you are using normal Viber and Skype. If so, Viber and Skype are voice over IP not gsm!!!!

That's like saying 'tell me how a horse and a car are different, they both get me from a to b'

Gsm and IP work differently. You voice is transferred differently.

strommy1966

Mar 5, 2012
well i use the phone for my business , so i have loads of calls coming in from, and i make to land lines and other mobile networks. and when i rang Sony UK and spoke to them about the problem and they told me to do pc companion repair .. and they rang me back a few hours later to see how the "repair" went , even the lady i spoke to at Sony had said she had heard the feedback ! but when i then spoke to phones 4U the lady i spoke to there .. said "sorry sir could you speak up im struggling to hear you " i said to her "exactly " that's why im wanting to return this phone ! . i used my old galaxy s2 on vodafone .. never had these problems with that phone .:(

Last edited:

V4LKyR

Jun 6, 2014
well i use the phone for my business , so i have loads of calls coming in from, and i make to land lines and other mobile networks. and when i rang Sony UK and spoke to them about the problem and they told me to do pc companion repair .. and they rang me back a few hours later to see how the "repair" went , even the lady i spoke to at Sony had said she had heard the feedback ! but when i then spoke to phones 4U the lady i spoke to there .. said "sorry sir could you speak up im struggling to hear you " i said to her "exactly " that's why im wanting to return this phone ! . i used my old galaxy s2 on vodafone .. never had these problems with that phone .:(

Please relax, this is obviously a SOFTWARE problem. Proof is, that this problem doesn't happen on calls on Skype and Viber. So hardware is just fine. I don't know if you know, but "phone" is an app aswell. So this is a problem with the phone's "Phone" application and most likely will be fixed in next update. There might be some other applications you've installed on your phone which might cause this problem aswell, also consider this.

Don't worry yourself.

Pisces X

Jul 5, 2014
causing Echo while talking to other

Hello Sony
I'm using Sony Xperia Z2 and I have a little problem about the phone, I really appreciate it because it has many cool stuff but my friend keep complain that Xperia Z2 suck because
they hear an Echo voice while talking I hope that you can fix it and if you know how please tell me

strommy1966

Mar 5, 2012
Hello Sony
I'm using Sony Xperia Z2 and I have a little problem about the phone, I really appreciate it because it has many cool stuff but my friend keep complain that Xperia Z2 suck because
they hear an Echo voice while talking I hope that you can fix it and if you know how please tell me

you will need to send it back for "repair" i have this recognized call quality issue too. The other problem is getting the other to hear you too ! they often say "your breaking up ,or they say like your across the other side of the room. at the moment im sending mine back to try and have this fault sorted.

morgy82

Jul 5, 2014
you will need to send it back for "repair" i have this recognized call quality issue too. The other problem is getting the other to hear you too ! they often say "your breaking up ,or they say like your across the other side of the room. at the moment im sending mine back to try and have this fault sorted.

HI guys!I solved this problem ... you have to check noise suppression ...I have another one problem: every person that talks with me:
or hears my voice like it is hoarse or as if I put a hand in front of the speaker . how is it possible???

have you the same problem?
thanks

strommy1966

Mar 5, 2012
HI guys!I solved this problem ... you have to check noise suppression ...I have another one problem: every person that talks with me:
or hears my voice like it is hoarse or as if I put a hand in front of the speaker . how is it possible???

have you the same problem?
thanks

they normally get feed back or cant hear you very well too .. turning off noise suppression wont fix the problem. yes it helps ... but im afraid there are a fair few Z2 out there with this problem. it will need to be returned :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.