ZL noob needs advice

Search This thread

BlechMann

Mar 13, 2010
Hi there people!

My name is Andreas from Germany and I just sold my Xperia S for a ZL. For the last few months I was stuck with combo of Nature Xperia Rom and Doom Kernel cause of incredible battery Life. Now Ive opened up my BL and wondered what ROM/Kernel Combo to choose for ZL since Ive found no real advice in the threads. Even If its worth trying KK Rom instead of 4.3 based?!?!

Any Advices?? Thank You!

SafiXS

Oct 4, 2011
Hey German Dude, I think this thread match better with the q&a forum ;)

You have to find your own best Rom yourself, someone like stock because Bravia and remote, some like cm because the customisation options and always stay latest android. Since you have unlocked bootloader you can try every rom you can found here in zl section.
I'am a flashaholic, I flash new rom near every 5 days.

If you need help, don't be shy and ask :)

Regards SafiXS

Gesendet von meinem C6503 mit Tapatalk

keenofhiphop

Jul 30, 2012
Hey German Dude,

Kai here :D
The best 4.4 ROMs in my eyes are carbon & Luiquidsmooth.
CM has regular updates, lineup Linaro mod CM is supposed to be extremely optimised on the hardware, maybe it's the best way to go.
I am waiting (and hoping) for Sailfish OS and currently using simple CyanogenMod 10.2 (android 4.3). It's really easy going. Fast, smooth, stable, statisfying :)
Greetings

Gesendet von meinem C6503 mit Tapatalk

CTPAHHIK

Nov 24, 2008
Zurich
For stock experience try eXistenZ by niaboc79 with 78Kernel by Gustavo RD78. Very good battery life.
Doom Kernel didn't work properly for me.

coolrevi

Jun 1, 2012
Udupi
Hi there people!

My name is Andreas from Germany and I just sold my Xperia S for a ZL. For the last few months I was stuck with combo of Nature Xperia Rom and Doom Kernel cause of incredible battery Life. Now Ive opened up my BL and wondered what ROM/Kernel Combo to choose for ZL since Ive found no real advice in the threads. Even If its worth trying KK Rom instead of 4.3 based?!?!

Any Advices?? Thank You!

Bro Adding to the same topic. I wanna use Kitkat ROM. Will be unlocking bootloader soon. Which is stable most and faster ROM CM or CM bases. and I have another question Xperia Camera features are great. so what would you guys suggest. i have been used to rooting and all that stuffs. so is it worth changing ROM from Stock to CM. only two things are stopping me IR and Camera . now that IR is working with some App on CM. Im really confused