Get sim-unlock code for free!!!!

Search This thread

kiewirevo

Jun 3, 2010
Santo-Domingo
hello there people im here to lighten youre day :)... well to the case... i just spent the last 6 hours trying to find out how to sim unlock my phone i did all the root and unlocking processes but havent had a result because rooting and unlocking the bootloader are DIFFERENT than SIM-UNLOCKING the phone (just to make things clear) ... but through deep investigation i got interesting information about people telling that AT&T supplies the code for FREE just asking for it... so i called this number: 1-877-737-2478 and called first it was a women that didnt really helped and just closed on me, i called again then a guy atended me first asking about the AT&T number which i DONT have so i just told him i needed some information about free unlock codes of the motorola ATRIX 4G and he kindly took my IMEI and gave me the code TOTALLY FREE so there it is... here are the steps to SIM-UNLOCK youre MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G FOR FREE!!!!!.

1-IMEI of youre MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G
2- call costumer support of AT&T 1-877-737-2478 the option you will need is "0"
3- just ask about the free unlock codes they are giving for the phone
4- wait a couple of minutes.
5- if they give you the code enter it in youre phone
6- cross youre fingers
7- dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in case they wont help you i guess you just have to call back i guess they have like more than 100+ employees so youre bound to bump with someone who is willing to give it to you... you DONT need to be an AT&T exclusive customer just ask kindly what you need and theyl help you ;).

ENJOY!!!! please like this post and sticky it since its my first real usefull post here at XDA.

PS: I dont know if this post is already made but i checked more than 20 post people asking questions so ths thread is more of a solution :) sorry if i broke a law or something just mail me if i need to mod something :) cheers... and enjoy youre phone!!!!!

PS: PS:eek: for you who are asking i live in DOMINICAN REPUBLIC and my SIM carrier is CLARO RD and i called from skype to have no cost at all so i guess there are no restrictions when it comes to unlocking youre phone :).

xploited

Feb 8, 2009
Yep, this info is nothing new. I don't know about ATT, but this same method didn't help me with my Verizon Droid 2 Global.

I called three times and all of those times they told me I need to be a Verizon customer.

Besides, they have CRM to store customer contacts in the database. If you try to contact them too many times it will show up on their records and they might think you are pulling some kind of a scam.

dopeynoodle

Jun 9, 2013
play.google.com
I just called AT&T in the US and told them I was visiting another country for a few days. If you're a customer in good standing (no unpaid bills), they'll unlock the phone for you.

d.athey

Nov 29, 2011
Meridian
Still Works, Different Phone Number

I called the phone number that is posted on the original message, and I was told to call customer service.
1-800-331-0500
From there I put in my phone number and option 0 until I talked to someone.
I was given the unlocking code without any problem and was even told the AT&T website to deal with my wife's IPhone

I haven't tried the code yet, just hoping that it will all work out

arunkarnwal1981

Feb 21, 2011
Haryana
request

I have one atrix and one sony xperia TL, but not have att account or number. i am in india. are you able to call att on my behalf and get unlock code for my phone

hello there people im here to lighten youre day :)... well to the case... i just spent the last 6 hours trying to find out how to sim unlock my phone i did all the root and unlocking processes but havent had a result because rooting and unlocking the bootloader are DIFFERENT than SIM-UNLOCKING the phone (just to make things clear) ... but through deep investigation i got interesting information about people telling that AT&T supplies the code for FREE just asking for it... so i called this number: 1-877-737-2478 and called first it was a women that didnt really helped and just closed on me, i called again then a guy atended me first asking about the AT&T number which i DONT have so i just told him i needed some information about free unlock codes of the motorola ATRIX 4G and he kindly took my IMEI and gave me the code TOTALLY FREE so there it is... here are the steps to SIM-UNLOCK youre MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G FOR FREE!!!!!.

6- cross youre fingers
7- dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in case they wont help you i guess you just have to call back i guess they have like more than 100+ employees so youre bound to bump with someone who is willing to give it to you... you DONT need to be an AT&T exclusive customer just ask kindly what you need and theyl help you ;).

ENJOY!!!! please like this post and sticky it since its my first real usefull post here at XDA.

PS: I dont know if this post is already made but i checked more than 20 post people asking questions so ths thread is more of a solution :) sorry if i broke a law or something just mail me if i need to mod something :) cheers... and enjoy youre phone!!!!!

PS: PS:eek: for you who are asking i live in DOMINICAN REPUBLIC and my SIM carrier is CLARO RD and i called from skype to have no cost at all so i guess there are no restrictions when it comes to unlocking youre phone :).

jstenuf

Jan 22, 2013
Fenton
Update on At&t

At&t will no longer provide the unlock code unless you are a current or former At&t customer in good standing, pledge them your first born yadayadayada. They have previously unlocked devices for me, but even tech support isn't allowed to do it anymore. They will send you to the "unlock request" page.

GaijinMetal

Apr 29, 2015
Washington - Seattle
At&t will no longer provide the unlock code unless you are a current or former At&t customer in good standing, pledge them your first born yadayadayada. They have previously unlocked devices for me, but even tech support isn't allowed to do it anymore. They will send you to the "unlock request" page.

It also differs from customer rep to customer rep
Some will charge you 50 USD to unlock your phone while others tell you to be on their contract for 90 days+
I got fed up with that so I just bought a sim unlocking code from cellphoneunlock and just got it unlocked
Screw AT&T

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

6- cross youre fingers
    7- dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!