Fix SD Card Issues(Formatting,Mounting,Errors,Corruption or even Death of Card)

Search This thread

optimusodd

Mar 15, 2011
For Guys who have issues with SD Cards (Formatting,Mounting,Errors,Corruption or even Death of Card) :

A full format (uncheck quick format)running HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool is recommended.

Moreover,never ever use SD card Adapters for formatting.Always USB card readers as they are more efficient.

Generic operating system formatters don’t provide the optimum performance.And,sometimes,can result into SD card death and less picture-saving space.

Full format once in awhile is recommended to prevent possible corrupt files, lengthen the life of the card and achieve the most available space possible.

This tool is compatible with Windows XP and vista however Windows 7 users can run this tool in Compatibility mode for Windows 7 by going through :

Properties>Compatibility>Compatibility mode>Check(Run this program in compatibility mode for)>Select Windows 7 from dropdown menu>Apply>OK

Cheers!!!:good:

.xxx.

Oct 8, 2011
Mumbai
1 question man. One of my sd card doesnt even read when i insert it to pc. Will this software solve the problem? I think the sd card is corrupt.

Sent from Hell!!

optimusodd

Mar 15, 2011
1 question man. One of my sd card doesnt even read when i insert it to pc. Will this software solve the problem? I think the sd card is corrupt. Sent from Hell!!
Yep,a full format(uncheck quick format) using this tool should solve your problem.I was facing the same issue with one of my cards.
Don't used SD card Adapter for formatting,use a USB card reader.Hope it will get your card back in action.:D

You can also run surface test using MiniTool Partition Wizard to check any read error in your SD card's memory blocks.
(Right click on your card>surface test)
Good luck:good:

Reactions: methaq and AOWS

Pator57

Jun 11, 2012
For Guys who have issues with SD Cards (Formatting,Mounting,Errors,Corruption or even Death of Card) :

A full format (uncheck quick format)running HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool is recommended.

Moreover,never ever use SD card Adapters for formatting.Always USB card readers as they are more efficient.

Generic operating system formatters don’t provide the optimum performance.And,sometimes,can result into SD card death and less picture-saving space.

Full format once in awhile is recommended to prevent possible corrupt files, lengthen the life of the card and achieve the most available space possible.

This tool is compatible with Windows XP and vista however Windows 7 users can run this tool in Compatibility mode for Windows 7 by going through :

Can we foormat or reinstall an death usb micro sd adapter ?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

optimusodd

Mar 15, 2011
Can we foormat or reinstall an death usb micro sd adapter ?Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium
Sorry,I didn't get you.
SD adapter is used to make your micro SD usable on normal SD slot devices.It is not any type of memory.
If you are reffering to a dead micro SD card,a full format (uncheck quick format) using this tool might fix your problem.
Always use USB card readers for the formatting process.

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
Sorry,I didn't get you.
SD adapter is used to make your micro SD usable on normal SD slot devices.It is not any type of memory.
If you are reffering to a dead micro SD card,a full format (uncheck quick format) using this tool might fix your problem.
I don't want to be a smart-ass here but seriously... Initially I thought you'd mean a card reader with "SD adapter"... if you're speaking about micro sd adapters: nothing wrong to use those as it's just a kind of "connector extension" - the only thing that might go wrong is that the slot has a mechanical problem. That usually would end up in getting nothing formatted :rolleyes:
Anyway thx for the hint with the application - could become useful some time :D

Pator57

Jun 11, 2012
Sorry,I didn't get you.

ho ****.And yes i was talking about an micro sd adaptater who died..

Jul 23, 2012
After an update of the play store my phone registered my card as being "not recognized"
Is this likely to fix the problem? - My computer recognizes the micro sd...

optimusodd

Mar 15, 2011
After an update of the play store my phone registered my card as being "not recognized"
Is this likely to fix the problem? - My computer recognizes the micro sd...
What is the size of your SD card ?Probably,it's running out of space.
Format your card from within the phone settings first(Settings > Storage).
You will need this tool if that doesn't help.

optimusodd

Mar 15, 2011
I don't want to be a smart-ass here but seriously... Initially I thought you'd mean a card reader with "SD adapter"... if you're speaking about micro sd adapters: nothing wrong to use those as it's just a kind of "connector extension" - the only thing that might go wrong is that the slot has a mechanical problem. That usually would end up in getting nothing formatted :rolleyes:Anyway thx for the hint with the application - could become useful some time :D
:DYeah,of course,you can transfer files using adapters but USB card reader is recommended for the formatting process.

This tool was created specifically for HP USB devices so only a USB SD card reader can be used as interface device.

The most amazing thing about this tool is ,it does a very deep cleansing.While other formatting tools take 3-4 mints to format an 8GB SD card,this tool takes 4-5 hours to ensure most efficient formatting.I have used and verified this tool personally.Using generic formatting utilities don’t provide optimal performance for your SD cards.

I just thought it might be good to list a tip that might help others with their SD card issues.:cool:

Reactions: AndyCosmos

TheRisingDragon

Jul 16, 2012
Negombo
Redmi Note 8 Pro
I wonder :S

Hi :) I have a 8GB MicroSD card, suddenly it went slow down.. I formatted it using various applications but it doesn't affect :( it takes so long to paste a file(s) I dunno but it ask around 25 minutes to paste a 250MB file and sometimes it increases to hours.. I didn't even found any bad sectors.. every sector is ok but it's useless without fast data writing.. anyone ever faced this type of matter? :crying:

massofsin

Nov 3, 2012
Novi Sad
Why is this here? Shouldn't it be somewhere like hardware and software hacking or something...

Anyway dont use adapters makes no sense, like that one guy just said: Its just ... ...

However im not on sense rom so i may make no sense myself :D

alamgirqazi

Nov 28, 2012
rawalpindi
Hi

I need some help. I think my 2gb sdcard got corrupted and my willy doesnot reads it anymore although i have tried another sdcard and it works.
So problem is with sdcard. My computer wont recognise it too ( i tried it with my wildfire not with any card reader or adaptor )

I download that hp exe file but how can it work if my pc doesn't reads sdcard ?

Is there a way that i can use any software and plug sdcard in an adaptor ? And format it etc ?

Because i dont own an adaptor or a usb card reader. I'll probably lend an adaptor today but for usb card reader i'll have to wait for a day or two :(

I really need my sdcard working :(
Now i have 2 corrupted sdcards.
2gb card and 4 gb card.

Btw will my pc read the sdcard or show it if i use an adaptor ? Coz i've never used it before.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Wasimk32

Mar 29, 2012
Latur
Hi

I need some help. I think my 2gb sdcard got corrupted and my willy doesnot reads it anymore although i have tried another sdcard and it works.
So problem is with sdcard. My computer wont recognise it too ( i tried it with my wildfire not with any card reader or adaptor )

I download that hp exe file but how can it work if my pc doesn't reads sdcard ?

Is there a way that i can use any software and plug sdcard in an adaptor ? And format it etc ?

Because i dont own an adaptor or a usb card reader. I'll probably lend an adaptor today but for usb card reader i'll have to wait for a day or two :(

I really need my sdcard working :(
Now i have 2 corrupted sdcards.
2gb card and 4 gb card.

Btw will my pc read the sdcard or show it if i use an adaptor ? Coz i've never used it before.

I doubt it'll help!
This tool was designed to format flash drives and it does a deep format,which is helpful in removing problematic partitions from those drives(sd cards).
I have been using this tool for good 2 years now,it has helped me curing pen drives,sd cards which were already readable on windows.(cured issues like i/o errors,cyclic redundancy issue,etc.).But if windows doesnt read it then I doubt it'll help. :(
Try with some linux system if you have.But,you can consider your card to be dead sadly.

alamgirqazi

Nov 28, 2012
rawalpindi
I doubt it'll help!
This tool was designed to format flash drives and it does a deep format,which is helpful in removing problematic partitions from those drives(sd cards).
I have been using this tool for good 2 years now,it has helped me curing pen drives,sd cards which were already readable on windows.(cured issues like i/o errors,cyclic redundancy issue,etc.).But if windows doesnt read it then I doubt it'll help. :(
Try with some linux system if you have.But,you can consider your card to be dead sadly.

Nooooo :eek::(:(:(
I cant just let go 2 sd cards go away easily and also i've no extra sdcard at the moment. And i doubt i'll get another one soon.

I dont have a Linux OS but i think there's gotta be a way. I searched alot so far but had no luck uptill now. :(

My suggestion to everyone: PLEASE TAKE SOMETIME OUT OF YOUR LIFE AND ALWAYS REMOVE THE SDCARD SAFELY.

Please some more suggestions guyz.

Wasimk32

Mar 29, 2012
Latur
Nooooo :eek::(:(:(
I cant just let go 2 sd cards go away easily and also i've no extra sdcard at the moment. And i doubt i'll get another one soon.

I dont have a Linux OS but i think there's gotta be a way. I searched alot so far but had no luck uptill now. :(

My suggestion to everyone: PLEASE TAKE SOMETIME OUT OF YOUR LIFE AND ALWAYS REMOVE THE SDCARD SAFELY.

Please some more suggestions guyz.

Exactly!
This shows you the importance of spending those 2-3 seconds in removing it safely and also having backups of your stuff!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Properties>Compatibility>Compatibility mode>Check(Run this program in compatibility mode for)>Select Windows 7 from dropdown menu>Apply>OK

1 question man. One of my sd card doesnt even read when i insert it to pc. Will this software solve the problem? I think the sd card is corrupt. Sent from Hell!!
    Yep,a full format(uncheck quick format) using this tool should solve your problem.I was facing the same issue with one of my cards.
    Don't used SD card Adapter for formatting,use a USB card reader.Hope it will get your card back in action.:D

You can also run surface test using MiniTool Partition Wizard to check any read error in your SD card's memory blocks.
    (Right click on your card>surface test)
    Good luck:good:
    ho ****.And yes i was talking about an micro sd adaptater who died..Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium
    LOL,this tool can't fix your dead adapter.:silly:You need a new adapter.
    I don't want to be a smart-ass here but seriously... Initially I thought you'd mean a card reader with "SD adapter"... if you're speaking about micro sd adapters: nothing wrong to use those as it's just a kind of "connector extension" - the only thing that might go wrong is that the slot has a mechanical problem. That usually would end up in getting nothing formatted :rolleyes:Anyway thx for the hint with the application - could become useful some time :D
    :DYeah,of course,you can transfer files using adapters but USB card reader is recommended for the formatting process.

This tool was created specifically for HP USB devices so only a USB SD card reader can be used as interface device.

The most amazing thing about this tool is ,it does a very deep cleansing.While other formatting tools take 3-4 mints to format an 8GB SD card,this tool takes 4-5 hours to ensure most efficient formatting.I have used and verified this tool personally.Using generic formatting utilities don’t provide optimal performance for your SD cards.

I just thought it might be good to list a tip that might help others with their SD card issues.:cool:
    I cant do that , when using that tool it says "Failed to format the device". Plzzzz helllpppp :(

As long as your pc detects sdcard you dont need to worry.