phone freezes and stuters

Search This thread

brunobliss

Sep 24, 2012
My phone is freezing and stutering all the time, it's most noticeable when i press the apps key (third on the right). I've tried several different ROMs (always wipping data,cache system) as it appeared to be a software problem but it starts right off as i'm at the initial configuration, keys are not even responding properly, when i press a key it takes about 3 to 4 seconds to respond :(

I'm also under the impression the phone is overheating, it's getting really hot on top back near the camera. Any suggestions of what i might try?

latenightchameleon

Jun 13, 2014
Toronto
My phone is freezing and stutering all the time, it's most noticeable when i press the apps key (third on the right). I've tried several different ROMs (always wipping data,cache system) as it appeared to be a software problem but it starts right off as i'm at the initial configuration, keys are not even responding properly, when i press a key it takes about 3 to 4 seconds to respond :(

I'm also under the impression the phone is overheating, it's getting really hot on top back near the camera. Any suggestions of what i might try?

Are you using cyanogenmod or CM-based ROM by a chance? I've had horrible lags on it, especially on the latest nightlies. If that's the case, try something light and AOSP-based like slimkat.

brunobliss

Sep 24, 2012
I have tried slimkat, aokp, cm11 and they all seem to be getting slower everytime i flash a new rom :( I think this started to happen when i first attempted to do a full backup, the phone froze during the process because it was running out of memory. It was a pain to get it working again because it was sooooooooooooooo slowwwwwwwww.

Then i just booted to cwm did a full system, data, cache wipe and installed a new ROM, during the initial steps phone starts stutering, no matter what rom it is.

My guess is that there are still some files somewhere causing the problem.

isajoo

Oct 17, 2012
First thing, Always keep >4Gb of free space.

Install/run Lagfix app.

Backup all important/personal files to PC, delete all files/folder on GN, copy over only ROM/gapps zips and flash a clean install(wipe data 3 times in row) and after ROM boot up copy back your files.

Last edited:

latenightchameleon

Jun 13, 2014
Toronto
Oh, in that case it is most likely a free space issue as isajoo pointed out. I suggest using clean master to free up some space and get rid of some big files you don't need.