[Q] Cannot flash any custom ROMs

Search This thread

qazax

Sep 14, 2008
Hi Guys,

I have searched for a few days and ready through many threads on this but I simply cannot get my One X to accept a custom ROM.

Here is the info:
One X Tegra
Currently running 4.1.1 stock but rooted
Hboot is 1.36.0000
Radio is 5.1204.163R.30

Currently I have the latest CWM installed (downloaded yesterday from the CWM site) and I had TWRP before that.

I have tried no word of a lie at least 10 ROMS and they all fail with an error. CWM says "Error in *Rom.zip location* (status 7) Installation aborted"

I have redownloded and downloaded from different sites, I have cleared all the cache/data partitions many times, I have tried flashing on the device and using tools. I have tried a different USB cable and a different computer. I have flashed loads of ROMS onto countless smart phones thanks to the guys at XDA but this one has me stumped.

Any suggestions are welcome.

@SidDev

Aug 26, 2013
Kolkata
location of file

Hi Guys,

I have searched for a few days and ready through many threads on this but I simply cannot get my One X to accept a custom ROM.

Here is the info:
One X Tegra
Hboot is 1.36.0000
Radio is 5.1204.163R.30

Currently I have the latest CWM installed (downloaded yesterday from the CWM site) and I had TWRP before that.

I have tried no word of a lie at least 10 ROMS and they all fail with an error. CWM says "Error in *Rom.zip location* (status 7) Installation aborted"

I have redownloded and downloaded from different sites, I have cleared all the cache/data partitions many times, I have tried flashing on the device and using tools. I have tried a different USB cable and a different computer. I have flashed loads of ROMS onto countless smart phones thanks to the guys at XDA but this one has me stumped.

after reading this I guess the problem is in the location of the file cwm is not able to find it....

BTW I recommend twrp

qazax

Sep 14, 2008
after reading this I guess the problem is in the location of the file cwm is not able to find it....

BTW I recommend twrp

Thanks for replying. I had the same issue with TWRP, it started the install and then said there was an error. Good thing I had a backup I could restore as it partially flashes then fails.

@SidDev

Aug 26, 2013
Kolkata
Thanks for replying. I had the same issue with TWRP, it started the install and then said there was an error. Good thing I had a backup I could restore as it partially flashes then fails.

do you know how to flash via adb if yes try that after that your custom recovery might work

khairulez

Mar 17, 2013
Hi Guys,

Here is the info:
One X Tegra
Hboot is 1.36.0000
Radio is 5.1204.163R.30

What rom you want to install and which recovery did you use?

Tap via Tapatalk

qazax

Sep 14, 2008
What rom you want to install and which recovery did you use?

Tap via Tapatalk

Trying to get CMod11 installed. Tried on CWM and now I am on TWRP.

Just tried ADB Sideload using the WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit. Result:
"Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try anoth
E:Error executing updater binary in zip"

When I try gapps I get:
"Set_metadata_recursive: Some changes failed"

khairulez

Mar 17, 2013
Trying to get CMod11 installed. Tried on CWM and now I am on TWRP.

Just tried ADB Sideload using the WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit. Result:
"Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try anoth
E:Error executing updater binary in zip"

When I try gapps I get:
"Set_metadata_recursive: Some changes failed"
Flash cm11 using cwm,may i know which version?

Tap via Tapatalk

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Flash philz 5.15 that i linked. Mount the sdcard inside the recovery as a usb disk in the mounts and storage menu. Wait litreraly minutes to let it pop up at the pc and copy a rom to the internal sd. Stop using usb otg ;)

qazax

Sep 14, 2008
-renamed it as recovery.img
-fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
-fastboot erase cache
Done !

Tap via Tapatalk

OK, I did that but got the same error. Downloaded cm11 again and had the same problem. Tried cm10 and that flashed correctly. Gets stuck on the CMOS animation though. Clearing cache etc doesn't allow it to boot. Ugh!

khairulez

Mar 17, 2013
OK, I did that but got the same error. Downloaded cm11 again and had the same problem. Tried cm10 and that flashed correctly. Gets stuck on the CMOS animation though. Clearing cache etc doesn't allow it to boot. Ugh!
Try flash another rom like sense based rom.use recovery that Mr Hofs give you.

EDIT: Don't know why that recovery give error when flash cm11,it's kitkat based recovery.

Tap via Tapatalk

Last edited:

qazax

Sep 14, 2008
Hi Guys,

Firstly sorry for the late reply, been quite busy.

Secondly thanks for all the help, I finally managed to get CM installed with a combination of the suggested recovery, a different USB cable (I think this was the killer) and several attempts in fastboot etc.

My current problem is as shown:

Screenshot_2014-09-09-21-59-08_zps3633122b.png

So battery life is pretty poor (even though i had the battery replaced with a new one!) So far I have set my location to battery saving, and manually chosen my mobile network which has improved it somewhat, but I am struggling to make one day with very little use. I know the battery is working well because I was n the phone for a while and it did not drop much.

There are no kernel or partial wakelocks that I can see, but as the screenshot shows there is quite a big discrepancy between Awake and screen on.

The only thing I can find (and please excuse my lack of understanding and ability with better battery stats) is that under Alarms, com.google.android.gms shoes as "54%"... so not sure on that one... halp?