ICS update sensation India

Search This thread

aniketd11

Jun 29, 2009
Pune, India
I had been to HTC Service Centre. They informed that from 7th april onwards, update will start uploading on HTC server and over next 1-2 months, slowly will be rolled out as FOTA to devices. This sure is going to be long wait :mad:

charuc14

Apr 7, 2012
Kanyakumari, India
Guys, check this out.....Update already started rolling out in pakistan...

HTC Sensation and Sensation XE reportedly updated with ICS
Users from various countries report the Android Ice Cream Sandwich update is already available for their HTC Sensation and Sensation XE smartphones.

The new ROM is about 300MB in size and we suggest doing a backup before applying it.

ICS has been available in Germany and the Nordic region since March, while Malaysian users also got the update two weeks ago.

Since the beginning of April users from the UK, France and the Netherlands have reported getting the ICS update. We assume that more countries will be joining this list in the upcoming days.

We can confirm Sensations in Pakistan are being updated as well, so the update rollout should continue in Asia as well.

A few users are complaining that the new ROM is unstable and buggy. If you have already updated your Sensation/Sensation XE with ICS please share your impressions in our comments section below.
Source: gsmarena

So, hopefully, we should be able to get the update very soon....

krazy_about_technology

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2008
Pune
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I had been to HTC Service Centre. They informed that from 7th april onwards, update will start uploading on HTC server and over next 1-2 months, slowly will be rolled out as FOTA to devices. This sure is going to be long wait :mad:

If its uploaded on server, anyone can do the "Checkin" code and get the update. The problem is it is not there on the server itself.

The update by GSMArena is based on comments posted by their users. it is not confirmed.

Last edited:

krazy_about_technology

Nov 3, 2008
Pune
Xiaomi 11T Pro

By this they mean that update will be "pushed" to users automatically over 1-2 months. Those who rely on automatic notification will face this delay. But once the update becomes available on servers, you can always manually check and download it. The only problem is they are not making it available on their servers.

Last edited:

blupoison

Oct 26, 2011
One to two months????? WHAT???? Now im bugged

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

nabeelrazanaqvi

Nov 15, 2010
Rawalpindi
Dear All,
I ahve sensation with indian rom and indian cid what i did is given bekow
1- unlocked the boot loader with htc dev(htc super tool has option to do that)
2-gain temp root with tacoroot.bin
3- s-off with revolutionary
4- undo temp root
5- change my indian cid(_HTC_038) to HTC_001(unbranded European)
6- install stock European GB ROM matched to my Radio
7- s-on with Fastboot oen writesecureflag 3
8- checked for the update(Hurray i have the update notification)
9-downloaded the update and let it flash to device(took out usb cable while flashing)
10- Finally phone boot up with delecious IceCReam Sandwich Treat
enjoying my treat now
i would recomend this update as it is official so not worried about bugs or crashing because if there is any(which i have not encountered yet) will be fixed with other update by HTC
forgot to tell that i have HBOOT 1.18.000

Last edited:

asylumdesire

Jan 20, 2011
New Delhi
Just posted a question on the htc india Facebook page... hope they reply... but yes they are promoting htc one series in India dont know where is the update for our sensation series!!!!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

Rengak05

Aug 29, 2011
Kerala
ive written mutiple times to htc ASKING FOR THE RELEASE DATE.. they dnt have a clue ive even called today then said its in testing :(

asylumdesire

Jan 20, 2011
New Delhi
what are they trying to test the world knows about the current defects and htc would only fix the bugs globally!!!!!

Jul 15, 2011
I m from india, i flashed the sensation xe Ics with beats audio, official rom.. Works like butter and amazing sense 3.6 graphical showmanship. Its out there, so go on and take it. But only attempt if you know the risks involved. one mistake and you can end up in a bootloop. you would need some experience with moding. Like they always say, no pain no gain...

Reactions: wired24

arnieshwartz

Apr 6, 2012
Is it really necessary to be S-ON for the ICS update to apply?

My Sensation is S-OFF and unlocked (unlocked the bootloader via htcdev.com). I went from a custom ICS ROM to Gingerbread v2.3.4 by extracting the ROM image from stock RUU for Asia (India)... 1.45.720.1 if I remember correct. As mentioned earlier, I then received some 3 OTA updates before reaching my current "updated" version of 1.52.720.3.

I've been reading folks mentioning that they're going back to S-ON and am curious as to why that is being done.

krazy_about_technology

Nov 3, 2008
Pune
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Is it really necessary to be S-ON for the ICS update to apply?

My Sensation is S-OFF and unlocked (unlocked the bootloader via htcdev.com). I went from a custom ICS ROM to Gingerbread v2.3.4 by extracting the ROM image from stock RUU for Asia (India)... 1.45.720.1 if I remember correct. As mentioned earlier, I then received some 3 OTA updates before reaching my current "updated" version of 1.52.720.3.

I've been reading folks mentioning that they're going back to S-ON and am curious as to why that is being done.

No, its not. S-ON means, your ROM area is not just mounted read only, its actually read only and in no way anything can be written on it, other than flashing a signed RUU. When you S-OFF, you open this lock and any software can mount the ROM partition as Read-Write and you can do things like root your phone by inserting SU files in ROM area, flash custom roms because now the signature of ROM is not checked.

It has nothing to do with getting an update. Updates are delivered based on the CID (Carrier ID) of your country (in case of unlocked phones) or carrier (in case of carrier bound phones).

Getting S-ON will not get you the update unless it is available on HTC server. And if its available, you will get it even when you are S-OFF. The only condition is, you should have the correct CID and all the stock latest updates installed on an untempered stock ROM from htc.

I hope this will clear your doubts. People who are going S-ON for update purpose are just misinformed.

Reactions: arnieshwartz

arnieshwartz

Apr 6, 2012
No, its not. S-ON means, your ROM area is not just mounted read only, its actually read only and in no way anything can be written on it, other than flashing a signed RUU. When you S-OFF, you open this lock and any software can mount the ROM partition as Read-Write and you can do things like root your phone by inserting SU files in ROM area, flash custom roms because now the signature of ROM is not checked.

It has nothing to do with getting an update. Updates are delivered based on the CID (Carrier ID) of your country (in case of unlocked phones) or carrier (in case of carrier bound phones).

Getting S-ON will not get you the update unless it is available on HTC server. And if its available, you will get it even when you are S-OFF. The only condition is, you should have the correct CID and all the stock latest updates installed on an untempered stock ROM from htc.

I hope this will clear your doubts. People who are going S-ON for update purpose are just misinformed.

Thanks, I figured just as much. I tinker around from time to time, and the only reason I went back to stock was so I could see what the "pure" ICS update from HTC would be like. I'll just have to wait it out! :)

I keep having trouble with the home screen reloading now and then, especially when I install/update something from the market... and the fact that it tends to lag sometimes really does show that Sense can be a memory hog from time to time, no matter what the hardware.

If ICS with Sense is going to be smooth, I'd be more than happy to stick with it.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Yes, and my serial no is also Indonesian, as confirmed by HTC Customer care.

Previously, I changed my CID to India and flashed the Indian stock ROM.

ah, ok. I had gone from HTC__038 to SuperCID and then back, just to be safe. I was thinking something was getting in the way of me receiving the ICS update... LOL.

Turns out, it isnt even available for India yet!

side note - wow, "five minutes between posts" is a real pain, but something I can live with. Nobody wants spam!

krazy_about_technology

Nov 3, 2008
Pune
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Woohoo! Got my Indonesia Update :D One word! Buttery smooth it is, and i like the GUI more now.Specially the folder concept for icons is a great one. Loving it. Right now having no problem related to wifi or anything else.

vasujahagirdar

Jan 1, 2009
raichur,karnataka

hi guys.i have a Q.i bought t-mobile sensation from US.unlocked it than did s-off supercid now running custom ics roms.can i change my cid to HTC_038 and get the india specific ics updates??.earlier i tried to change cid to HTC_038 and flash india RUU but failed it said model id error.so how to go about it??

krazy_about_technology

Nov 3, 2008
Pune
Xiaomi 11T Pro
hi guys.i have a Q.i bought t-mobile sensation from US.unlocked it than did s-off supercid now running custom ics roms.can i change my cid to HTC_038 and get the india specific ics updates??.earlier i tried to change cid to HTC_038 and flash india RUU but failed it said model id error.so how to go about it??

I dont think you can or you should use India specific updates. Sensation from t-mo is not Sensation, its Sensation 4G. The LTE radio is different, and its a hardware difference, not software only. Thats why HTC has kept separate model id for it.

Reactions: jazzzzzzz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will add it to my post if you don't mind.

Here you go.

Being a newbie, im not allowed to post links, so the URl is d-h.st/Cyv
    Good news folks update seems to be out for XE and XL in India. might take a while before it reaches us.

refer :- http://installornot.com/news/phones...-india/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Hit like if u liked this..

Cheers,
    Renga
    Yeah a colleague of mine.. Has her update of ics on her xl.. That's a good news..
    Hopefully by the end of this week all htc sensation Devices in India gets their OTA
    But anyone who got their OTA... I would request you to save the OTA and share it here..
    (once you downloaded the OTA.. Before applying the update you can retrieve the ota zip and copy it to your pc.. It will be in the sdcard ..sorry it will be in the /cache partition .)
    It will be a great help to the community if you guys share the OTA zip

Sent from my pyramid.. Through blazing fast sonic waves
    Bt wat if some prbm occurs while rooting ..? I ll have to change my mobo...n ll have to pay for it..?!! :eek:

Nothing will happen......
    First flash clockworkmod recovery and take a Nandroid backup of you stock ROM....
    If you get any problem after rooting... You can restore it to stock rom by using the restore option in clockworkmod recovery ;)

Hit thanks if this helped you !

Download links for untouched OTA zip files & instructions for flashing

Redundant post
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Post moved to a new thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28560830