[Q] How to Backup Game Saves and Other Datas in "Non-Rooted" S3

Search This thread

tvf_tez_e

Nov 12, 2012
Hi guys,

My device lags too much these days, especially after latest 4.3 OTA update. Soon I will perform a factory reset and don't want to lose my game saves and most of other app configurations. Last time I checked, it was possible to backup such files only for rooted phones via Titanium Backup. But my device is not rooted and I'm not planning to root it in the near future.

These are some of the games I want to backup: Subway Surfers, Hill Climb Racing, CSR Racing, Fruit Ninja, NFS Most Wanted etc...
And these are the apps: WhatsApp, AndFTP, Cool Reader etc...

So, what do you experts suggest me to backup my datas?
Is "Helium" good and trustable enough OR is there any better app for non-rooted devices?
Is "Move to SD card" feature (came with Android 4.3) trustable?

Thanks in advance for the ideas

winosxbuntu

Apr 30, 2013
LA
Come on people, I need your knowledge. Please feel free to share your ideas.

i dont use helium or do i trust it
2nd move-to sd card works, 90% it will save your game data and everything and you're safe no worries
OR back up on your pc, there are programs you can use or pull game data to pc
dropbox/Google drive can be usefull for backups :cool:

tvf_tez_e

Nov 12, 2012
i dont use helium or do i trust it
2nd move-to sd card works, 90% it will save your game data and everything and you're safe no worries
OR back up on your pc, there are programs you can use or pull game data to pc
dropbox/Google drive can be usefull for backups :cool:

Thanks a lot for the ideas :good:
Could you please give me a bit more detail about performing a backup by the help of pc? Is there a program to pull the game data to pc?

shortydoggg

Apr 11, 2011
I believe that you still need root access before you can backup all of your game data for this phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

winosxbuntu

Apr 30, 2013
LA
I believe that you still need root access before you can backup all of your game data for this phone.

yu dont need root, root is optional or just for TITANIUM backup
@tvf i will report back later, for the time being try using ADB to pull files from your phone when you are connected to your pc/mac
there are programs/software that can backup full game data i just need to google it .......

tvf_tez_e

Nov 12, 2012
yu dont need root, root is optional or just for TITANIUM backup

@tvf i will report back later, for the time being try using ADB to pull files from your phone when you are connected to your pc/mac
there are programs/software that can backup full game data i just need to google it .......

Thank you, I will wait for it. I googled but all I found is Kies, which is really useless.

Florad77

Oct 13, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Dude just root your phone. You'll save yourself a lot of time and headaches. There are some methods to backup without root but in all honesty, it'll much easier (and maybe safer) to just root your phone and use titanium backup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

shortydoggg

Apr 11, 2011
I agree with Florad77. Yes you can use adb, and probably some other method, but the process is going to be a lot more complicated than if you just root the phone.

winosxbuntu

Apr 30, 2013
LA

dntesinfrno

Oct 9, 2012
Sumter, SC
Its a pretty simple affair to backup data from self installed apps, anything that is not stored on the internal or external SD is all stored in the /data folder of your device. Any non root backup app has access to this folder, or any file explorer for that matter. You can save a few steps of downloading, installing, and executing an app and just copy/paste the /data folder to one of the sd's (this is basically all a backup app is going to do, with the added possibility of compression and md5 checksums), jack in to a pc, copy/paste to desired location.