Any way to read phone data via pc in bootloader mode?

Search This thread

steve_htc_wizard

Jan 13, 2008
Hi, I have a HTC 7 Pro that I believe has partially corrupted data on the SD card causing it to fail to boot.

If you try and start the phone it just hangs on the HTC splash screen but if you remove the SD card or replace it with another it will boot windows to the point of getting the corrupted, changed or missing SD card message and won't let me access the o.s, just emergency calls.

This leads me to believe that the data has some kind of corruption on the SD card that is loaded as windows boots and rather than giving the error message its actually crashing the boot.

The physical SD card is not important to me but the data that is on the phone or SD card (I know its spread a cross the two and encrypted to that device) is important and desperately want to get anything I can from the phone if its possible.

The data I want is photos and videos, there loads I could loose without really caring but I had the only photos and videos of our daughters 3rd birthday on it and due to my pc suffering Mainboard failure, I had not been backing up to one of my drives. I don't use auto upload on SkyDrive as it does it automatically regardless of weather your on WiFi or your mobile data and I don't want it hammering the mobile connection!
like it was done just to wind you up, Windows phone SkyDrive app also makes you upload files one by one rather than being able to select groups of files and upload at same time so I did not back up via SkyDrive manually when on wifi cos it was insanely long winded, agghhhh!

So what I would like to know is of any method at all that I could read the content of the phone without booting it?

With the card out, the phone will boot to the point where it has loaded the bulk of the o.s and things like the battery meter, WiFi icon, locks screen ECT are all working but just won't let me past the error screen.

I also fear the main of what I want is on the SD card which is preventing it booting at all if installed so reading the phone in b loader seems like the only option if its even possible.

Any help on this would be massively appreciated.

Thanks, Steve.

Last edited: