CyanogenMod 6 headed to the EVO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jxs1984

May 30, 2010
sorry for being new but whats so special about cyanogenmod comparing to other roms such as fresh, damagecontrol and such?

thecodemonk

Oct 23, 2009
Spokane, WA
sorry for being new but whats so special about cyanogenmod comparing to other roms such as fresh, damagecontrol and such?

I think it's more that he's the most well known ROM generator for android since the early days and, to my knowledge, on the front of the curve of new things as well (due to his own skills and also, I believe, due to his fame...people who figure new things out will likely report it to him to get it integrated into his ROMs right away too).

Pleasekopimi

Jun 18, 2010
This is good news.

I'm still running a stock ROM. I'm waiting for something big to come out before I flash a new one.

TheBiles

Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
www.flickr.com
I wonder why HTC is being such a ***** with the kernel source. They were fairly quick to release them for their other devices.

-------------
Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro.

xdirtx

Jun 15, 2010
Sense in CM6?

Okay, this is a BURNING question in my brain, someone please answer it.
When CM6 is released for the Evo, will sense be included?
because i've started to really despise sense since i've gotten the Evo, and i really hope CM6 looks and performs exactly the same on the Evo as it does the Nexus.

Albaholic

Mar 20, 2007
Honolulu
Okay, this is a BURNING question in my brain, someone please answer it.
When CM6 is released for the Evo, will sense be included?
because i've started to really despise sense since i've gotten the Evo, and i really hope CM6 looks and performs exactly the same on the Evo as it does the Nexus.

I doubt sense will be included. CM does AOSP builds.

Misty Blue

Feb 20, 2009
Chicago
cyanogen was I believe the first modder for Android devices and have always made great roms!!!!

Just for clarifications sake and since I've been around since the G1, Cyanogen was not the first, that title belongs to JesusFreke. Haykuro was the first to bring SenseUI to the G1. Cyan fame-dom came after they took their, either quiet or loud exit. All 3 brought their A game and advanced the rooting community to where it is today.

So anyway...this is definitely good news. I've gotten my EVO in the last couple of days and have been reluctant to root. I'm not the trusting type when it comes to my phone so seeing Cyanogen working on this device makes me much happier. I know with CM roms there will be less forcecloses and MOAR WIN.

laydros

Jun 5, 2010
I'm excited about this one. The EVO is basically my first Android phone (I had a backflip for a while, but there isn't even a root it) so I haven't used cyanogen in the past, but his reputation is good, and I think his roms are the kind I am looking for. If I understand they are very close to stock AOSP, with some performance tweaks, but with a very high focus on stability, and sometimes more stable than the OEM releases.

I love some of the ROMs we have currently, but it seems like many of the devs value features and speed tweaks over stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it is but they where asking about the tv app ;) , hopefully it will because i do use it every once in awhile. really helped out with being able to watch world cup games!

oh woops, my bad. i completely misread, was too busy swapping out my crappy htc apps for less memory-intrusive market stuff :) yeah, tv should work fine too. i keep nav/tv on here still, but ditched the rest of their crap.