[Q] Is Flashifying .zip's to Stock rooted KitKat possible?

Search This thread

arie001

Feb 6, 2012
I wondered if we can install zip files using flashify onto rooted Stock G2 KitKat but it asks which custom recovery I am using. Since we don't have a working custom recovery for KitKat yet. . .

Is it perhaps possible to 1. backup stock recovery using flashify, 2. turn the backup into a recovery.zip, 3. flash a new custom recovery using Goo, 4. boot into custom recovery, 5. flash desired zip, 6. flash backed up recovery.zip, 7. reboot back into stock OS?

EDIT - I may have over thought this, maybe a file manager with root access would be easier.

Last edited:

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
I wondered if we can install zip files using flashify onto rooted Stock G2 KitKat but it asks which custom recovery I am using. Since we don't have a working custom recovery for KitKat yet. . .

Is it perhaps possible to 1. backup stock recovery using flashify, 2. turn the backup into a recovery.zip, 3. flash a new custom recovery using Goo, 4. boot into custom recovery, 5. flash desired zip, 6. flash backed up recovery.zip, 7. reboot back into stock OS?

according to one of the many threads of creating a recovery or rooting g2 4.4.2 I read that flashify does not work(not sure don't remember, something related to this) also another thing to note is the new bootloader checks the recovery and unless it's 100% stock it will just boot you into fastboot mode(where you can soehow reflash the stock one again so it can boot normally) something around those lines so as to your second question I think not but as I'm not a dev I maybe wrong

Reactions: arie001

arie001

Feb 6, 2012
No. No. No. And no. There is no recovery on kit Kat did you cannot flash anything... yet

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

according to one of the many threads of creating a recovery or rooting g2 4.4.2 I read that flashify does not work(not sure don't remember, something related to this) also another thing to note is the new bootloader checks the recovery and unless it's 100% stock it will just boot you into fastboot mode(where you can soehow reflash the stock one again so it can boot normally) something around those lines so as to your second question I think not but as I'm not a dev I maybe wrong

Thanks for the quick responses :)

Sigh. . Yeah I thought of that as soon as I posted that the boot loader is the problem making a boot into custom recovery impossible on the KitKat boot loader.

For what it's worth I tried flashing a .zip with flashify and let it think I had CWM installed. I did NOT flash a custom recovery though and when rebooted it just reboots as normal with nothing flashed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No. No. No. And no. There is no recovery on kit Kat did you cannot flash anything... yet

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk