[KERNEL]☆Jame Bond☆NS+NS4G w/BLN,ext4 & full voodoo (cm7-1.5.9,stk-1.5.9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ogdobber

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 4, 2008

thread closed by me. see this post

·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨☆Jame Bond☆·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨

straight from The Land of Smiles

These kernels all run at 1ghz do not use setcpu or profiles!
additions include- voodoo sound, voodoo color and has ext4 optimizations (thanks supercurio)
benchmarks in quadrant will be 600+ over the 'stock' kernel owing to the ext4 mount mod
enjoy
:D

Thanks to Neldar and Morfic we now have BLN (back light notification) for the Nexus S:cool:
-now thanks to Akent, bln is working on the 9023
-thanks to Netarchy as well for some clarification

-all kernels are "Sabai" Uv for incredible battery life

read about voodoo sound optimization HERE
read about ext4 speed improvement HERE
get the Voodoo control app HERE
better yet support the voodoo project with the donate app HERE
get the BLN control app HERE
for added functionality support neldar with the PRO app HERE
>source

instructions flash rom-reboot-then flash kernel
*note- if you haven't flashed any other kernels then just flash from recovery as long as you have rebooted at least once
*setcpu is not recommended for this kernel, underclocking/profiles will decrease battery life
**(stock rom)..if you are not coming from a stock kernel then go to system/etc/init.d and delete
([ S_10mountfix ] and [ S_99complete ] for morfic) and ([99nexusunit] and [placeholder] for netarchy) then go to system/ and delete the modules folder. then flash og kernel

note- all kernels have ext4 mount mod, voodoo sound, and bln

☢downloads☢
⇒note-2.3.4 roms only

cm7/any kernel

the ☆Jame Bond☆ sabai dee®

stock (rom) kernel

-amazing speeds!

snap20110225_212140.png

Last edited:

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
Excellent man, thanks for posting this.

time to submit to CM :) This really should be the stock kernel used in CM7 until someone can update the prebuilt kernel with something that can be used stably for 95% of NS users

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2227528

i'll give this one a go when i flash tonight's nightly. thanks :D

Duffy

Apr 8, 2006
I use CM7 #34 with Netarchies 1.2.2 on 1.3 Ghz

I would try this kernel tomorrow with the next Nightly...

Will i have to do more as flashing the next nightly and then this kernel to get ext4?

Or will I have to format the sd-card for ext4?

Thanks, Duffy

ogdobber

Nov 4, 2008
I use CM7 #34 with Netarchies 1.2.2 on 1.3 Ghz

I would try this kernel tomorrow with the next Nightly...

Will i have to do more as flashing the next nightly and then this kernel to get ext4?

Or will I have to format the sd-card for ext4?

Thanks, Duffy

the ext4 "mount" hack is included with this kernel. flash rom - reboot - then flash this kernel
if you want to see the speed difference from the ext4 hack in the kernel run some quadrants first, then flash the kernel from recovery

the sd-card ext4 mod (different) can be very dangerous if you don't know what you are doing so I don't recommend it

ogdobber

Nov 4, 2008
bluetooth now working. thanks for pointing that out jlevy;) sorry to anyone for the inconvenience

jonjon68

Jan 4, 2011
Excellent. Finally enhancements you can use without the useless instability of O/C. Thanks!

Edit: Crap, BT still broken for me. Same deal. Turns on but won't pair. I may try a clean install but that was disapointing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thread closed by me. see this post

·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨☆Jame Bond☆·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨

straight from The Land of Smiles

These kernels all run at 1ghz do not use setcpu or profiles!
    additions include- voodoo sound, voodoo color and has ext4 optimizations (thanks supercurio)
    benchmarks in quadrant will be 600+ over the 'stock' kernel owing to the ext4 mount mod
    enjoy
    :D

Thanks to Neldar and Morfic we now have BLN (back light notification) for the Nexus S:cool:
    -now thanks to Akent, bln is working on the 9023
    -thanks to Netarchy as well for some clarification

-all kernels are "Sabai" Uv for incredible battery life

read about voodoo sound optimization HERE
    read about ext4 speed improvement HERE
    get the Voodoo control app HERE
    better yet support the voodoo project with the donate app HERE
    get the BLN control app HERE
    for added functionality support neldar with the PRO app HERE
    >source

instructions flash rom-reboot-then flash kernel
    *note- if you haven't flashed any other kernels then just flash from recovery as long as you have rebooted at least once
    *setcpu is not recommended for this kernel, underclocking/profiles will decrease battery life
    **(stock rom)..if you are not coming from a stock kernel then go to system/etc/init.d and delete
    ([ S_10mountfix ] and [ S_99complete ] for morfic) and ([99nexusunit] and [placeholder] for netarchy) then go to system/ and delete the modules folder. then flash og kernel

note- all kernels have ext4 mount mod, voodoo sound, and bln

☢downloads☢
    ⇒note-2.3.4 roms only

cm7/any kernel

stock (rom) kernel

-amazing speeds!

snap20110225_212140.png
    I just updated my voodoo control app today and i no longer have the v0 v1 adjustments available. the notes for voodoo app control mentioned a rebuilt kernel is needed. any suggestions?

OP updated!
    kernel updated for cm7 to coincide with version 0.9.1 of control app. v0 sliders are now v1
    kernel version is 1.3.4
    Is this only apply to Morfic and Netarchy?

I'm testing several kernels back and forth.. I'm currently on Matrix.. I see these files:
    00banner, 01sysctl, 03firstboot, 04modules, 05mountsd, 06mountdl, 20userinit.

If I were to switch to sabai kernel, what files would I remove?

don't touch these files they are not kernel related, they come from cyanogenmod.

matr1x kernel does nothing on /etc/init.d so you can flash sabai dee right over it and do nothing
    thanks ogdobber. its not my flavor, but im sure lots will be using this kernel :)
    sad day

the bad news..:(
    This kernel will no longer be supported by me, I don't have the time for it, but most importantly, I no longer have a nexus s... I prefer to test the kernels before I release them to ensure they are bug free.
    the good news..:D
    reddv1 will be compiling kernels (Lucid) almost identical to the jame bond...but better? he has already added some nice additional features.
    The jame bond kernel were always about battery life, and not sacrificing performance...Lucid will now be carrying that torch
    please go here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1173797

new features reddv1 has added
    -Touchkey backlight dimmer
    -voodoo 10
    -post/pre 2.3.3 colors
    -updated to 2.3.5
    -more to come I'm sure;)

Thanks to everyone for your support. I will see you all in the "prime" forum:cool: