Xperia tipo/tipo dual Official Jelly Bean

Search This thread

SS-4050

Jun 7, 2012
Bandung
Re: Xperia tipo Official Jelly Bean

You guys are believing in rumors? SONY only Upgrades their 2012 High End Xperia and Latest 2013 Xperia to Jelly Bean.

And yes it's correct as someone stated above that SONY never made an Official Statement about it.

And Why this thread belong in Development Section? Whats the development in here? This thread is belong to the General Section because no Link to SONY Source nor Download Link to that "Most Likely a Lie Firmware". So please move this thread to the General Section (Just wanted to make this Forum Development Tidy)

Reactions: najjurocks619

ercea

Dec 12, 2012
Cádiz
This is the last official information that I read when I bought my phone:

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2012/12...an-android-4-1-for-2012-xperia-smartphones-2/

I read too (but I don't remember where :S) that Sony doen't update to Jelly Bean due to performance issues ... but I can see in this forum many custom ROMs with Jelly Bean in our Tipo :S

I would like to see an official Jelly Bean on my Tipo.... I have locked bootloader and I can't install JB ROMs :(

Regards!

nishuy21

Jan 11, 2013
Delhi
Just Google it u will find many articles about it...
Rumours have some base they didn't come all alone fake....:laugh:
Well tipo Can be upgraded to jellybean
As there r two mobiles worst than tipo
Galaxy music and chat that are getting jellybean..

Last edited:
Reactions: rocky28199

lee480

Jun 24, 2012
Just Google it u will find many articles about it...
Rumours have some base they didn't come all alone fake....:laugh:
Well tipo Can be upgraded to jellybean
As there r two mobiles worst than tipo
Galaxy music and chat that are getting jellybean..

Nope. Once, there were rumours of Xperia U getting Jelly Bean within a week. A week past and it announced that Xperia U will not get JB. So most likely the rumours are fake. Besides, Sony usually do not upgrade ultra low end phones like Tipo.

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
Nope. Once, there were rumours of Xperia U getting Jelly Bean within a week. A week past and it announced that Xperia U will not get JB. So most likely the rumours are fake. Besides, Sony usually do not upgrade ultra low end phones like Tipo.

Don't rain on my parade :/
Just kidding I also think it won't be. That is what this forum is for. Just wait FXP to be stable and that will be our "jellybean" update.

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
Yes one day cm10 will be stable
But if xperia tipo get JB than development of CM10.1 for tipo will start...:laugh:

Yes as I understand, then the development of CM10.1 will be easier and more stable because of the new kernel/drivers or something released by Sony.

However, Xperia J got jellybean already and devs can take that from it for CM10.1 for Tipo/Miro and there is no need anymore for official jellybean..

Last edited:
Reactions: rickyamli

nishuy21

Jan 11, 2013
Delhi
Yes as I understand, then the development of CM10.1 will be easier and more stable because of the new kernel/drivers or something released by Sony.

However, Xperia J got jellybean already and devs can take that from it for CM10.1 for Tipo/Miro and there is no need anymore for official jellybean..

I think FXP will not develop or port it until we got jellybean...:angel:
Also there are many users that have locked bootloader...
Tipo/Miro development is very slow

Reactions: rocky28199

tDr1v3r

Mar 1, 2009
Sopron
This is the last official information that I read when I bought my phone:

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2012/12...an-android-4-1-for-2012-xperia-smartphones-2/

I read too (but I don't remember where :S) that Sony doen't update to Jelly Bean due to performance issues ... but I can see in this forum many custom ROMs with Jelly Bean in our Tipo :S

I would like to see an official Jelly Bean on my Tipo.... I have locked bootloader and I can't install JB ROMs :(

Regards!

As far as I know, the phone's RAM is not enough for the JB... but the Xperia E (with the same hardware as in Tipo) comes with JB OOB, so that should not be a problem...

Anyway, can't wait to see a method that allows custom ROM installation in phones with locked bootloader, like in Xperia Sola.

R

random hero

AW: Xperia tipo/tipo dual Official Jelly Bean

As I stated elsewhere I think it's all about the money... Here on xda you can find jelly bean Roms for old low end phones. Example: x10 mini, great stable jelly bean Roms are available there. And those phones have even worse hardware then tipo... Sony could provide jelly bean if they wanted... But why should they want it? They want to sell new phones! So don't complain, buy a new phone ;) or support the devs here, even with donations, so they're motivated to make all this efforts! Just my personal opinion...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium. Hit 'Thanks' if I helped you, pleeez!

Top Liked Posts