[Q] Can't change MID again

Search This thread

squabbi

Jul 20, 2012
Sydney
Hey guys! I was hoping I could get some help here, I would say I have moderate experience in this area but..

I was changing my Model ID. I got the ENG H-BOOT zip and edited the android-info.txt to my own device. I noticed some things different from the last time I did this. Instead of the fuzzy grey screen it actually had the bootloader showing up. It was the ENG bootloader and was a low version H-BOOT. I then issued the command:

Code:
fastboot oem writemid PN07120
after that I changed my CID and then proceeded to use the BrightStar US RUU for the Developer Edition. It told me:
Code:
FAILED (remote: 41 model id check fail)

Realizing my mistake, I made the zip again with the eng hboot and replaced the necessary variables. ie. modelid: PN07120 but when I try to flash it in RUU mode it still gives me the:
Code:
I keep on trying different combinations but to no avail.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could lend a helping hand. :fingers-crossed:

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Hey guys! I was hoping I could get some help here, I would say I have moderate experience in this area but..

I was changing my Model ID. I got the ENG H-BOOT zip and edited the android-info.txt to my own device. I noticed some things different from the last time I did this. Instead of the fuzzy grey screen it actually had the bootloader showing up. It was the ENG bootloader and was a low version H-BOOT. I then issued the command:

Code:
after that I changed my CID and then proceeded to use the BrightStar US RUU for the Developer Edition. It told me:
Code:

Realizing my mistake, I made the zip again with the eng hboot and replaced the necessary variables. ie. modelid: PN07120 but when I try to flash it in RUU mode it still gives me the:
Code:

I'll leave this here for now: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2535365

EDIT: you do KNOW that MID is more than 7 characters right ???

Reactions: squabbi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    Code:

Code:

I'll leave this here for now: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2535365

EDIT: you do KNOW that MID is more than 7 characters right ???