[Q] LTE on CM11 Not Working

Search This thread

rreoken

Feb 16, 2013
LTE is not working on the CM11 M9 on my GS3. I tried flashing back to TW and updating PRL + Profile and flashing back to CM11 M9. No cigar. I tried flashing NDC modem and reflashing ND8 modem. No success either time. What do I do from here to get LTE working on my device because I like CM11 M9 but the lack of LTE kills my battery and hampers my phone's functionality. Any solutions are welcomed.

Higgs_Boson

Jul 7, 2012
LTE is not working on the CM11 M9 on my GS3. I tried flashing back to TW and updating PRL + Profile and flashing back to CM11 M9. No cigar. I tried flashing NDC modem and reflashing ND8 modem. No success either time. What do I do from here to get LTE working on my device because I like CM11 M9 but the lack of LTE kills my battery and hampers my phone's functionality. Any solutions are welcomed.
Are you a Sprint customer, or Virgin Mobile by any chance?

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

rreoken

Feb 16, 2013
I sure did. I even changed it to 3g and then back to LTE. It won't work for me. SMH

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app

Higgs_Boson

Jul 7, 2012
I sure did. I even changed it to 3g and then back to LTE. It won't work for me. SMH

What was your baseband version before your flashed CM11? When you ODIN'ed back to ND8 was LTE working? I would try getting the device back to stock where LTE is working and try flashing CM11 with GAPPs in PhilZ recovery. Just try the ROM and GAPPs without any additional add-ons (custom kernels, mods, etc.), boot up and see what happens.

rreoken

Feb 16, 2013
I flashed from stock ND8. Well it was rooted. I'm try doing it unrooted and let you know.

jbnorton0524

Feb 8, 2014
I had an issue kinda similar to that on a different sprint s3 I was working on. I flashed only the cm11 m9 with cwm and the phone lost data all together. I ended up flashing philz, then a new kernel and a cm nightly like previously mentioned and the problem fixed itself. I still have all the files if you need em, just pm me if you do.

Higgs_Boson

Jul 7, 2012
I most certainly have tried different nightlies. It has made no difference.

Not to be redundant, but if you aren't already, please make sure you're on the latest version of PhilZ recovery, which can be downloaded here:

https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/d2lte/

You can download the .md5 file which is flashable in ODIN, or the .zip file which is flashable in a current custom recovery, if you already have one.

It is always best to make sure your recovery is up to date, especially when flashing the most recent build of a ROM.

Once you're in PhilZ, simply choose the option under "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" that reads "Clean to Install a New ROM". This will conveniently wipe the necessary partitions for you in order to install a ROM of your choice.

Try flashing only:
I would avoid any other mods, kernels, and/or modems for the time being and see what results you get.

PhilZ also has a setting under "PhilZ Settings" to "Re-root System with SuperSU". After doing that, you would go to the play store, download SuperSU, update the binary, and reboot.

rreoken

Feb 16, 2013
Not to be redundant, but if you aren't already, please make sure you're on the latest version of PhilZ recovery, which can be downloaded here:

You can download the .md5 file which is flashable in ODIN, or the .zip file which is flashable in a current custom recovery, if you already have one.

It is always best to make sure your recovery is up to date, especially when flashing the most recent build of a ROM.

Once you're in PhilZ, simply choose the option under "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" that reads "Clean to Install a New ROM". This will conveniently wipe the necessary partitions for you in order to install a ROM of your choice.

Try flashing only:
I would avoid any other mods, kernels, and/or modems for the time being and see what results you get.

PhilZ also has a setting under "PhilZ Settings" to "Re-root System with SuperSU". After doing that, you would go to the play store, download SuperSU, update the binary, and reboot.

I certainly will get on this and try it again. Thanks bro.

Higgs_Boson

Jul 7, 2012
I would also certainly consider at some point getting the stock TouchWiz ROM environment setup as you typically would, boot into a custom recovery, and make a backup of the stock TouchWiz ROM as you typically prefer running it, so that you do not have to keep reflashing it via ODIN.

I bring this point up, because if following the procedure I mentioned in the previous post still does not correct the LTE issue for you, you could consider navigating to the /system/etc directory and copying the apns-conf.xml file from your TouchWiz ROM to the same file path in CM11.

Last edited:

rreoken

Feb 16, 2013
WOW now I will get on that. I am not afraid at ask of getting into the guys of this beast and doing a transplant.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would also certainly consider at some point getting the stock TouchWiz ROM environment setup as you typically would, boot into a custom recovery, and make a backup of the stock TouchWiz ROM as you typically prefer running it, so that you do not have to keep reflashing it via ODIN.

I bring this point up, because if following the procedure I mentioned in the previous post still does not correct the LTE issue for you, you could consider navigating to the /system/etc directory and copying the apns-conf.xml file from your TouchWiz ROM to the same file path in CM11.
    I most certainly have tried different nightlies. It has made no difference.

Try flashing only:

I had an issue kinda similar to that on a different sprint s3 I was working on. I flashed only the cm11 m9 with cwm and the phone lost data all together. I ended up flashing philz, then a new kernel and a cm nightly like previously mentioned and the problem fixed itself. I still have all the files if you need em, just pm me if you do.
    I am a Sprint customer

Have you tried going into:

Settings --> Mobile Networks --> and make sure your preferred network type is LTE?
    WOW now I will get on that. I am not afraid at ask of getting into the guys of this beast and doing a transplant.