[Q] Just a Question

Search This thread

Ntech02

Apr 3, 2014
Is it possible to port a rom or create a rom for the mega that came from the touchwiz roms for the galaxy note 2, 3 or the S5?

Ntech02

Apr 3, 2014
I dont know, why dont you post there and ask question

Sorry

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app

because this is the Q&A section for the Galaxy Mega. so thats where i posted my question.
no need to be sorry i just need a dev to answer my question so i can elaborate as to why i asked it.

Reactions: captemo

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
because this is the Q&A section for the Galaxy Mega. so thats where i posted my question.
no need to be sorry i just need a dev to answer my question so i can elaborate as to why i asked it.

I said sorry because I know my response was a bit A holish. But now I am sorry because I did misread you post a bit. I had not seen that little word "mega" in your post. My bad.

I am sure something could probably be done. These developers are very talented. Maybe you may want to put some more specifics in there. Which specific device or model are you wanting to port to?

Ntech02

Apr 3, 2014
I said sorry because I know my response was a bit A holish. But now I am sorry because I did misread you post a bit. I had not seen that little word "mega" in your post. My bad.

I am sure something could probably be done. These developers are very talented. Maybe you may want to put some more specifics in there. Which specific device or model are you wanting to port to?

It's okay.
& i own the i9200 , i was hoping to see some galaxy note or galaxy s4/5 based rom for it.
i know theres the Megakat/Fire rom but i like seeing more.

plus its a bummer i cant use stock kitkat for my mega.
my screen broke a while back & when i replaced it my touch screen stopped working with touchwiz kitkat .
so i had to resort to using custom roms. and i still cant find out how to fix the issue

Last edited:

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
I think myself that it is a driver issue..as replacement screens work with like say the i527m (Canadian version) of the mega on MH1 original firmware and when updated to the NA3 firmware which has knox crap in it the screen still works..but as soon as you go to NE5 firmware (KK) the screen stops responding.

I think they left out some driver/s on purpose so that you have to buy an original screen from then as the driver would only work with that screen..there must be a way to get maybe these other drivers or driver to allow an aftermarket screen..but I am not sure were these driver/s are hiding...going to take a look around and see what I can come with up on these driver/s if possible. :)

Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Ntech02

Apr 3, 2014
I think myself that it is a driver issue..as replacement screens work with like say the i527m (Canadian version) of the mega on MH1 original firmware and when updated to the NA3 firmware which has knox crap in it the screen still works..but as soon as you go to NE5 firmware (KK) the screen stops responding.

I think they left out some driver/s on purpose so that you have to buy an original screen from then as the driver would only work with that screen..there must be a way to get maybe these other drivers or driver to allow an aftermarket screen..but I am not sure were these driver/s are hiding...going to take a look around and see what I can come with up on these driver/s if possible. :)

Sent from my SGH-I527M using XDA Free mobile app

Yeah I find that to be weird that they'd leave out drivers like that. But there are few people online that do sell official screens it'd just be hard trying to figure out whether you'll be wasting your money or not.
Please let me know what you find out about the drivers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I dont know, why dont you post there and ask question

Sorry