How to get adb work in TWRP?

Search This thread

mindmajick

Account currently disabled
Personally, i would restore back to stock in fastboot mode. You can use this tool to make it easier AND it provides a system.img for you. I believe it is prerooted also.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2096888

From there you can start over.. I know many people have had issues with adb from within TWRP, but i guess im one of the lucky ones.

Hopefully, one day, we will be able to use USB mounting in TWRP since so many people have issues with adb.

Edit: copy rom by usb mounting in stock. Looks like usb mount worked for you past time you were on stock
--
Sent from my Kindle Fire 2, CM 10.1

Last edited:
Reactions: melvsmeister

melvsmeister

Oct 10, 2010
Personally, i would restore back to stock in fastboot mode. You can use this tool to make it easier AND it provides a system.img for you. I believe it is prerooted also.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2096888

From there you can start over.. I know many people have had issues with adb from within TWRP, but i guess im one of the lucky ones.

Hopefully, one day, we will be able to use USB mounting in TWRP since so many people have issues with adb.

Edit: copy rom by usb mounting in stock. Looks like usb mount worked for you past time you were on stock
--
Sent from my Kindle Fire 2, CM 10.1

thanks but is it safe to use this for kf2 without any OS?

melvsmeister

Oct 10, 2010
??

I give up :(

I read some of your past posts and the only recommendation i can give at this point is to stop flashing and start reading.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry I've been very careful not to messed this up more and not able to restore. I didn't check the first aide tool yet so I didn't know all it's functions and the setup involves modifying settings in Kindle and as you see I don't have an OS. It's funny that you can just reply yes but instead post that funny message. anyway thanks for your help man, I managed to restore kindle then install custom rom.:good:

Thanks for your time and patience!:victory:

mindmajick

Account currently disabled
Sorry I've been very careful not to messed this up more and not able to restore. I didn't check the first aide tool yet so I didn't know all it's functions and the setup involves modifying settings in Kindle and as you see I don't have an OS. It's funny that you can just reply yes but instead post that funny message. anyway thanks for your help man, I managed to restore kindle then install custom rom.:good:

Thanks for your time and patience!:victory:

Glad you figured it out. Honestly, no insult intended.

--
Sent from my mind to your screen.

matdestr

Aug 28, 2013
Lokeren
How to resolve the problems with installing apps?

I have checked system in twrp - mount...

And i read a solution :

" People having trouble.with supersu,
Flash lastest supersu via recovery and whipe cache and dalvik-cache.
People having trouble with installs from play store fire Upp a terminal in recovery and run restorecon -Fr /data/media "

But how do i need to fire up terminal in twrp ?

Reactions: munwwer

munwwer

Dec 10, 2015

And i read a solution :

People having trouble with installs from play store fire Upp a terminal in recovery and run restorecon -Fr /data/media "

--------------------

hi,
i have Kindle Fire HD 7" after some issues i try to flashing, voip all data and delete backup, internal storage and partition etc, my WTRP V.2.7.8.0 changed to v.2.6.3.1 and stuck in kindle fire logo and acess to teamwin recovery but not connected to pc or not show storage in my computer.
please help me and restore my kindle fire tate. thanks a lot (i am using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and windows 7)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    a similar thing happened to me. here's what i did to fix it

1. update your android sdk binaries

2. download one of the roms hanging out around here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2100963
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2105077

put the rom where your adb binary is

3. boot your kindle into twrp

4. select "adb sideload"

5. at an elevated command prompt type "adb devices" your device should be listed with "sideload" as its current state

6. type adb sideload romname.zip

7. enjoy
    can you post the link? :)

I'm not going to do all the ****ing work for you, go do it yourself. I told you how. now you can do it.
    Alin

Download this Tool

http://d-h.st/Pv3

Run it and Restore the Kindle I think its the first 2 Options you need to run. This will restore you kindle back to orignal order. Root it again, Install TWRP again, and make sure you have a rom before you wipe.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Alin you will need a fast boot cable. I suggest contact Skorpn and purchasing one if you have not done so already. they are $12 to $13 Depending on size.
    the adb don't recognize the Kindle... how to update the adb? i have the version 10.0.26

what does adb say when you type "adb devices"

to update your binaries you need to run the android sdk tool and update through it

And i read a solution :