[Root] Kindle Fire HD 7" 2013 (KFSOWI) 11.3.1.0 [CLOSING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cjbeast98

Jan 1, 2014
Just wanted to say HOLY COW! This is awesome.

I've rooted a few Android devices in the last couple of years. They ranged from mildly irritating (Nexus 7) to aggravating (various Acer devices).

Was expecting headaches with the Kindle I just got and the script didn't work first time. Rebooted, tried again, done in seconds.

THANK YOU!

Edit: Had to factory reset due to First Aide causing an issue (was told it worked with the new Kindle HD). Now this script won't work. It appears to, but doesn't actually grant root now. It does the last exploit, I get "Press any key to continue" and ES tells me there's no root so... WTF has happened?

*sigh*

I did the same thing...i hope someone is working on a fix because i have seen countless complaints for the same problem...i think maybe the next update will break this method and someone will make a new way and we can be rooted again

MrDrap

Dec 11, 2013
Add these ips to /system/etc/hosts:

Code:

Please, noob friendly my mesage :p

I installed es file explorer 3, and SuperSU...
SuperSU is activated.

I open the file /system/etc/hosts with the es explorer, I edited and put this IPs, but when I want to saved... Error... don't have permisions...

What I need to do?

MrDrap

Dec 11, 2013
Did it! I found in root settings on es explorer...

PD: Nop, impossible to edit, I make RW in root mode in es explorer... finally I installed Firewall and block everything minus navigator and mail

Velocidadatope.com Admin

Last edited:

axyrus

Feb 24, 2011
So everything worked like a charm :) Kindle 11.3.1 is fully rooted

Any word on the status of a recovery/2nd bootloader so we can install some roms on this bad boy??

I didn't see an update thread of any sort anywhere

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
So everything worked like a charm :) Kindle 11.3.1 is fully rooted

Any word on the status of a recovery/2nd bootloader so we can install some roms on this bad boy??

I didn't see an update thread of any sort anywhere

No knowledge of anyone working on ROM's for this tablet yet. Maybe sometime is the best I answer I can offer.

hangulman

Aug 15, 2008
Play Store functionality

Just a few questions on KFSOWI functionality.

I was able to gain root access to it, although I had to perform the exploit manually. SuperSu had to be installed separately.

1) I am aware that Google Play store is NOT currently functional on this device.

I think the key to making it functional is finding out WHY. Is this by intentional design or just a compatibility issue? I was able to place the appropriate APK's onto the device and set up the google account to tie into it, but like everyone else, when I fire up Play Store, it loads for about 2 seconds and then force closes. No error messages though.

2) Does anyone know if there are any other applications that also have issues such as competing ereader apps? I don't want to brick it by installing the Nook app or Moon+ reader.

The entire reason I am rooting this device is to install a variety of ereaders and apps on it. Things are gonna get boring while our group is overseas. A good way to fix that is a variety of books and other entertainment to help us keep our sanity.

goodworker

Jan 22, 2014
help

I got to root kindlefire hd7 2013.
Terrible enough, I accidentally erased the silk web browser.
In addition, other system APK files erased by system app remover app.
How to do this to restore it? I tried factory reset, cleared app does not occur...!
Somebody help me!

Last edited:

sgriffith63

Jan 23, 2014
Kindle HD

Trying to root my Kindle Fire HD 11.3.1.
Using Windows 8 Professional 64bit. Says ADB command not recognized when I run the runme.bat file
USB Debugging is turned on. Or it just hangs at the window saying to plug the USB cable in.
aNY HELP??

Leslie_Estrada

Jan 20, 2014
step by step instructions

Hi I see all the instructions on what to use, but i need to know in what order do I do these steps and where? On my pc? I feel so stupid. lol It is my understanding you need adk files, Where do I get them and how do I get the info onto my Kindle. Please help me.

Straight copy of jcase's post here, with only modified binaries.

jcase's words:
Please do not donate to me for this, it is not my original work. If you want to donate, I suggest finding a way to donate to fi01 (not aware of a way or if he accepts them) or donating to a charity. It is the holiday times, maybe a toys for tots or something similar. I know a lot of ppl dislike the salvation army, and I can't stand up with some of the things they do, but their toy donation program is good and they do get the toys to kids who really have no other option, maybe drop off some new toys? May be food to a food bank?

Source: https://github.com/hiikezoe/android_run_root_shell

Vuln:
https://www.codeaurora.org/projects/...-cve-2013-6282

Exploit Source:
https://github.com/fi01/libput_user_exploit

Credits go to fi01 and jcase.

File kindlehd2013_root.zip contains 3 files, exploit, rootme.sh and su.
The file root_script.zip contains the same 3 files, plus adb binaries for linux and windows, and a windows script.

adb push su /data/local/tmp/
adb push rootme.sh /data/local/tmp/
adb push exploit /data/local/tmp/
adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/rootme.sh
adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/exploit
adb shell /data/local/tmp/exploit -c "/data/local/tmp/rootme.sh"

Install Instructions:
  1. Download the root_script.zip, and unzip it to a folder.
  2. If you are on windows, run the runme.bat file, and you should be done.
  3. On linux, navigate to the folder you unzipped the files in using the terminal, and run the commands above.
  4. You are rooted!
  5. If you want to control access to root, I reccomend you install supersu or superuser, just sideload the apk or install it from 1mobile market. On superuser you may need to update the su binary and restart your kindle. Otherwise every app that requests root will get it.
Thanks to slayer615 for the script!

Animalosity

Jan 20, 2014
Hello all, I have a question for the 2013 Kindle Fire HD 7". I understand that with firmware 11.3.1 that there are no custom roms as of yet. I have rooted mine with success. (though getting the PC drivers to work was a pain.) So my question is this. Is it possible as of now with root to change the date and time manually? What I am really getting at is I really enjoy playing Injustice Gods Among Us on my Kindle. I hate waiting for the pesky energy to replenish though sometimes and frankly doing a quick time change of manually advancing the time by two hours on my own accord would be awesome. This isn't completely the only reason I own my kindle. I do for the most part enjoy the OS and it is mainly for reading my books though the few games I do have I would like to be able to accomplish this date and time change if anyone knows how to do it with any sort of root "hacks."

SNDPRF

Jan 30, 2014
help plz

I downloaded the root_script file, but when i run the runme.bat the terminal comes up and it says:

Please connect device with enabled USB-Debugging to your computer!
* daemon not running. starting it now on part 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

and it stays like that. nothing happens beyond that point. Is my kindle rooted now? can I put pac-man rom on it yet? I downloaded SUser but it said it didn't have the proper binaries... so I'm confused.

The directions are so simple and it seems to have worked for a lot of people. So I don't know what I might be doing wrong... help a noob out plz

hope4cosmos

Jan 31, 2014
Problems getting root on KF HD 11.3.1.0

I have been trying to root a Kindle Fire HD 7 11.3.1.0

The first time I ran the script, after completion, ES file explorer showed that I had root. I proceeded to install ZT-180 Adhoc Switcher, and Busybox. Then I went back to ES file explorer and did not have root. I have tried the script numerous times, and get the following results, but no root.
Root Check Basic confirms no root.
SuperSU prompts "The SU binary needs to be updated. Continue?" When I hit continue I get "Installation failed!".
Root Analyzer says I am rooted
Superuser opens to page that says no log information.
ZT 180 Adhoc Switcher says Error (not rooted)
Busybox Installer says STATUS WAITING "Your phone is rooted" Busybox was found here: /system/bin/ - when I hit INSTALL it says STATUS DONE! Your phone is rooted.

I don't know how to proceed. Obviously, the Kindle is not fully rooted. But I am getting conflicting reports from various apps.
It is not bricked, and works fine, only no root. :

This is what I get at the last when I run the script: (I copied this from another poster, to show the end result)

Attempt perf_swevent exploit...
Press any key to continue . . .

Pressing any key closes the run window.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

kyleberry.graphics

Sep 1, 2012
Broken Arrow
www.facebook.com
I downloaded the root_script file, but when i run the runme.bat the terminal comes up and it says:

Please connect device with enabled USB-Debugging to your computer!
* daemon not running. starting it now on part 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

and it stays like that. nothing happens beyond that point. Is my kindle rooted now? can I put pac-man rom on it yet? I downloaded SUser but it said it didn't have the proper binaries... so I'm confused.

The directions are so simple and it seems to have worked for a lot of people. So I don't know what I might be doing wrong... help a noob out plz

You dont have root. is it a new KFHD or last years model? This root is only for the newest model the SOHO (KFSOWI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Straight copy of jcase's post here, with only modified binaries.

jcase's words:
    Please do not donate to me for this, it is not my original work. If you want to donate, I suggest finding a way to donate to fi01 (not aware of a way or if he accepts them) or donating to a charity. It is the holiday times, maybe a toys for tots or something similar. I know a lot of ppl dislike the salvation army, and I can't stand up with some of the things they do, but their toy donation program is good and they do get the toys to kids who really have no other option, maybe drop off some new toys? May be food to a food bank?

Source: https://github.com/hiikezoe/android_run_root_shell

Vuln:
    https://www.codeaurora.org/projects/...-cve-2013-6282

Exploit Source:
    https://github.com/fi01/libput_user_exploit

Credits go to fi01 and jcase.

File kindlehd2013_root.zip contains 3 files, exploit, rootme.sh and su.
    The file root_script.zip contains the same 3 files, plus adb binaries for linux and windows, and a windows script.

adb push su /data/local/tmp/
    adb push rootme.sh /data/local/tmp/
    adb push exploit /data/local/tmp/
    adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/rootme.sh
    adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/exploit
    adb shell /data/local/tmp/exploit -c "/data/local/tmp/rootme.sh"

Install Instructions:
    1. Download the root_script.zip, and unzip it to a folder.
    2. If you are on windows, run the runme.bat file, and you should be done.
    3. On linux, navigate to the folder you unzipped the files in using the terminal, and run the commands above.
    4. You are rooted!
    5. If you want to control access to root, I reccomend you install supersu or superuser, just sideload the apk or install it from 1mobile market. On superuser you may need to update the su binary and restart your kindle. Otherwise every app that requests root will get it.
    Thanks to slayer615 for the script!
    Firerooter 0.2.2 released. It now uses the Nexus adb drivers since they suck less on Windows. It also has a new fancy icon (thanks fraubi89!!) and the code is less crappy. Give it a shot and let me know if it works for you.
    Yo yo yo here's the super early version of the restore tool I've been giving around: https://peniscorp.com/KindleRoot_dist_windows_0.1.1.zip

It's not really polished yet, but it definitely works to restore devices. You'll need to be able to boot to fastboot and you'll need the Windows drivers (link in the troubleshoot window)

Here's the sauce: https://github.com/GranPC/kindleroot

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Oh yeah -- feel free to email me at gran.pc@gmail.com if anything goes wrong.
    Created a small automated script:
    https://db.tt/zPGylWuQ
    How far up your ass did you have to go to pull that out?

First of all, when a Kindle is bricked you are correct in that it does not have adb. However we flash a system image that does enable adb. Your point is moot. The only problem with it is that Windows sucks at drivers.

Also, I didn't release the new system because I've obviously partnered with Amazon to ensure people are scared of rooting, duh! It's not because a tester told me it irreparably bricked their tablet, that's bull****. I'm just an evil developer.

As a final note, I would like to encourage you to return your Kindle. I'd rather not support dickwads like you.

Sent from my Xperia T using XDA Free mobile app

Wow, all these posts are making me feel sorry for devs. I'm starting to think that the more you put forth to the community, the more people expect of you. I'm a lowly leech that has a passion for testing and a love for android, who occasionally can provide feedback or very minimal support. I rarely post, have never demanded anything and just love to read. I'm currently running ice and living the dream. But I bought my Kindle on a whim, and wasn't concerned about brick. Gran if you left the community today your contributions thus far are still awe inspiring. Its hard for me to even fathom how much time, effort and thought has went into your work (non paying hobby). I hope you're still feeling joy, happiness, and a sense of accomplishment from your contributions, not tired and burdened. Regardless big thanks to you!!! Final note - if a user gets that mad about waiting for a tested fix imagine how upset they'd be over a permabrick.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app