Screen brightness bug?

Search This thread

Alexunited

Jul 5, 2013
Cumbria
yourhackforums.com
I just got my XZ1 Today and straight away upgraded to 4.3.

I am having problems with the brightness, I have turned the 'adapt to lighting' setting off, but each time i go to my home screen my screen brightness goes down, it also does the same when I go to the last page of the app draw. This also occurs when starting games, the brightness will go down in the loading screen and then go normal when the game starts.

Is this a bug/issue, or is this meant to happen? If its the former, is there a fix

Sorry if this sounds newbie :p

Thanks,
Alex

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

Lakerma

Jan 5, 2014
I don´t think that this is normal !!! Maybe you should do a factory reset: settings ----> Backup&Reset ----> Factory data reset ;) Before doing this you should save your data, e.g with pcc (PC Companion) ;) Hupfully I could help you

PS: Next time questions please in the Q&A section please ;)

Last edited:

OfficerTux

Oct 17, 2012
Hannover
I think it's normal, this option is called something like "Optimized Backlight". It could be turned off in one of the earlier firmwares, but that caused random reboots so Sony decided to make it an always-on option and removed the entry from the menu.

Optimized Backlight adapts the brightness according to the displayed content, the more crowded and vivid the picture is the brighter the backlight gets.

Lakerma

Jan 5, 2014
I think it's normal, this option is called something like "Optimized Backlight". It could be turned off in one of the earlier firmwares, but that caused random reboots so Sony decided to make it an always-on option and removed the entry from the menu.

Optimized Backlight adapts the brightness according to the displayed content, the more crowded and vivid the picture is the brighter the backlight gets.

I forgot about this Option, but in my case I can not notice any brightness differences in many situations ;)

mm79k

Jul 15, 2006
I did not like the stock brightness controller so I have installed Lux Auto Brightness from google play and its working perfectly