App to auto shuffle music with touchless control

Search This thread
D

Darth

I made a tasker app to solve the music not starting using touchless control. At least it won't start for some of us.

I made it how I want it to work anyway. 

Install the app. It will be called "Shuffle".

Do your ok Google now or whatever you say to open touchless control.

Say "open shuffle"

The app will be opened. It opens Google music, starts playing music on shuffle mode. Then goes back to your home screen. Then I use Bluetooth to control it...like next track and whatever. Or you can drag down the status bar and control it that way.

Works great for me! Thought I'd share it with those interested.

Of course you don't need tasker, cause it's an app now. But you do need root and have to grant it root permission. Don't know why....tasker just makes it that way it seems.

Enjoy. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhpc1g062h1ckkf/lvk.pwk.gou-1.apk

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

DanRyb

Jun 6, 2010
Los Angeles
THANK YOU! Just downloaded this. I don't have Tasker and this works FANTASTIC! Very helpful.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Turbocom

May 5, 2010
Toronto
Hey,

I downloaded this and tried it out and it didn't work for me. It opens Google Play but it doesn't actually work from there. I live in Canada, could that be why?

EDIT: I got it to work once but it hasn't worked since.

D

Darth

Hey,

I downloaded this and tried it out and it didn't work for me. It opens Google Play but it doesn't actually work from there. I live in Canada, could that be why?

EDIT: I got it to work once but it hasn't worked since.

I'm in Canada. Does Google music app see your songs? Its worked for me consistently.

When it doesn't work...what does it do...?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Feb 14, 2013
What does the actual Tasker task look like? Tried making something similar, but was only able to clumsily pull something off using emulated screen touches.

D

Darth

Yeah, that's what I did. One down, one right, one press. Then home key...to go back to main screen.

Turbocom

May 5, 2010
Toronto
I'm in Canada. Does Google music app see your songs? Its worked for me consistently.

When it doesn't work...what does it do...?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
I have Google Play Music All Access in Canada so that might be the reason why it isn't working. Here's what happens when I open the application.

It opens Google Play Music, Opens the sidebar and that's basically it.

D

Darth

I have Google Play Music All Access in Canada so that might be the reason why it isn't working. Here's what happens when I open the application.

It opens Google Play Music, Opens the sidebar and that's basically it.

If you have tasker....you probably need to pay around with the up down right..etc. dpad moves.

All mine does is open Google music and click the shuffle all "button"....nothing opens, music starts and Google just goes away and you are back to your home screen.