[FIX] Yahoo Mail - Could Not Sign In

Search This thread

JustROLLIN

Feb 4, 2012
Hey all,

I was having issues with my Moto X alerting me that it could not sign in to my Yahoo account. However, when I would go into the app, it would function correctly without me logging back in or taking any action. But, the notifications were annoying as it was happening at least once per day.

Anyway, I played around with the account settings and was able to remedy the issue, or so I believe. The fix is pretty darn easy...

- Go into either the mail app itself or go into system settings, click on the Email account, then account settings
- Click on your email address xxxxxxx@yahoo.com to adjust those preferences
- Scroll all the way down and click on Incoming Settings, under the Server heading it should read: Android.imap.yahoo.com
- Remove the "Android." piece of the phrase, so it should now read: imap.yahoo.com
- Click Done

- Repeat these steps under the Outgoing Settings as well and your issue should be resolved

Let me know if this works for you, or if you continue to have issues, thanks.

Last edited:

someguyatx

Feb 7, 2012
Louisville
Unfortunately yahoo has been doing this with android for years and no combination of settings will fix the random sign in errors. It can go weeks or even months between episodes for me.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

D

Darth

Android is Google and Gmail......no surprise yahoo might have issues. LOL. ;)

Sent from my N5 cell phone telephone....

EVOSerb

Jan 17, 2011
Chicago
Unfortunately yahoo has been doing this with android for years and no combination of settings will fix the random sign in errors. It can go weeks or even months between episodes for me.

You are right. It really has nothing to do with settings. It's on Yahoo's end not our phones. I ve been getting that sign in error ever since my 1st android phone (Htc hero) so i am used it by now. It comes and goes away.

Sent from my XT1056 using xda app-developers app

JustROLLIN

Feb 4, 2012
You are right. It really has nothing to do with settings. It's on Yahoo's end not our phones. I ve been getting that sign in error ever since my 1st android phone (Htc hero) so i am used it by now. It comes and goes away.

Sent from my XT1056 using xda app-developers app

Interesting. I have always been able to modify the incoming and outgoing settings to remedy the issue. I will let everyone know if this works long term. Thanks for the info.

JustROLLIN

Feb 4, 2012
I am a few days into this correction and have yet to receive any notice from the phone / Yahoo / mail app that I could not be signed into Yahoo. Not waving the flag yet, but for those of you who were having this issue, it may well be a simple and permanent fix.

someguyatx

Feb 7, 2012
Louisville
Hope it works for you, this error happens randomly and intermittently so I just live with it and have transitioned most things to gmail.

JustROLLIN

Feb 4, 2012
After over a month of use, I can now 100% confirm this fix. I have not had any issues since the day I made the change to the settings. So if anyone is still having this issue, please feel free to use the info provided in the first post.

Reactions: EVOSerb

someguyatx

Feb 7, 2012
Louisville
Glad it worked for you, only temporary fix for me. I broke down and installed the Yahoo mail app again. Its gotten much better and does not destroy the battery any more.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all,

I was having issues with my Moto X alerting me that it could not sign in to my Yahoo account. However, when I would go into the app, it would function correctly without me logging back in or taking any action. But, the notifications were annoying as it was happening at least once per day.

Anyway, I played around with the account settings and was able to remedy the issue, or so I believe. The fix is pretty darn easy...

- Go into either the mail app itself or go into system settings, click on the Email account, then account settings
    - Click on your email address xxxxxxx@yahoo.com to adjust those preferences
    - Scroll all the way down and click on Incoming Settings, under the Server heading it should read: Android.imap.yahoo.com
    - Remove the "Android." piece of the phrase, so it should now read: imap.yahoo.com
    - Click Done

- Repeat these steps under the Outgoing Settings as well and your issue should be resolved

Let me know if this works for you, or if you continue to have issues, thanks.
    After over a month of use, I can now 100% confirm this fix. I have not had any issues since the day I made the change to the settings. So if anyone is still having this issue, please feel free to use the info provided in the first post.