The official Samsung S5 charging accessories (including wireless options)

Search This thread

tdrussell

Sep 13, 2010
Dallas
I've noticed a few charging pads appearing on Amazon and eBay. But so far none of them have reviews, not don't really want to risk it yet.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Ch...&sr=8-49&keywords=galaxy+s5+wireless+charging

It was because they were only released during these few days, most of them were only on pre order before.

Fortunately it's a relatively simple contraption. As long as the pin layout is correct and it makes good contact with the pins in the phone, just about any of those will work.

skygear

Apr 7, 2006
Should have had these accessories ready to ship with the devices. Dissapointed. Backorder...

Pure+

May 28, 2013
Does anyone have an ETA for the arrival of these accessories? All it says on the Samsung Site is "Coming Soon". I could get at Best Buy today, but I have a 50% code for Samsung that I was sent when I registered my S5.

michintom

Jul 24, 2010
Eastvale
Does anyone have an ETA for the arrival of these accessories? All it says on the Samsung Site is "Coming Soon". I could get at Best Buy today, but I have a 50% code for Samsung that I was sent when I registered my S5.

Best buy only has the s-view flip cover case. No wireless charging cases at the moment.

michintom

Jul 24, 2010
Eastvale

One I go to has them. My friend that works their gave me a tour of their inventory of s5 cases and what not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Oh! I would get it from the best buy. According to the prices floating around, it looks like the s-view wireless charging case is going to be $69.99 which makes the coupon code useless. 50% off from samsung is only for products under $50.00 :(

Pure+

May 28, 2013
Oh! I would get it from the best buy. According to the prices floating around, it looks like the s-view wireless charging case is going to be $69.99 which makes the coupon code useless. 50% off from samsung is only for products under $50.00 :(

I was just going to get the regular wireless back not s view.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

flarbear

Nov 30, 2009
am I missing something here or have people simply not read the description?

"The Wireless Battery Cover was designed by Samsung to seamlessly match the look and feel of your Galaxy S 5 ensuring that your phone maintains its original style and slim profile."

They have the same wording on the item for the wireless charging s-view flip cover which turns the phone into something of a monster - thickness-wise (adding at least 50% to the overall thickness of the phone). It's marketing speak for "we think it looks purty and it won't be any thicker than if you taped the accessory on the back with duct tape".

ewokuk

Oct 26, 2011
They have the same wording on the item for the wireless charging s-view flip cover which turns the phone into something of a monster - thickness-wise (adding at least 50% to the overall thickness of the phone). It's marketing speak for "we think it looks purty and it won't be any thicker than if you taped the accessory on the back with duct tape".

Okey dokey, sounds to me like false advertising, their statement looks pretty clear to me and I suspect any consumer group would agree.

I would like an increased battery capacity, even if I lose the water proofing crap since I don't plan on dropping it down the toilet any time soon, but not at the expense of a larger cover. I am guessing the waterproof seal inside the cover takes up a reasonable chunk of space which might be able to be used for a larger battery without making the cover bigger?

the cover is irritating me anyway, I keep getting popups about sealing the cover so it seems to think it isn't sealed properly but ive pushed all round it and in the middle around the camera and its as sealed as its going to get.

Also interesting in getting a wireless charger but that depends on how slow it is and also whether the wireless back is any bigger than the standard one but not holding my breath. seems a bit pointless to me adding features like this when the majority of people will simply not put up with doubleing the size of the phone just so it can charge wirelessly (and thats even if wireless charging happens at a decent speed). Of course if they hadnt bothered with the waterproofing rubbish in the first place then we wouldnt have ended up with a stupid cover over the ports and it wouldnt be so bluddy irritating plugging charging cables in, so we wouldnt be so interested in charging wirelessly anyway. its plain poor design all round.

As it stands, it looks very likely I will have to see if I can get a higher capacity 3rd party battery, probably from anker, and put up with opening the flap and fiddling about with plugging it in all the time.

Last edited:

telveer

Dec 10, 2008
Here's the link to the black wireless back, just needed to change the W to a B in the product number =)

These are on backorder :(, and because I am super impatient, I ordered an S5 compatible (supposedly) Qi receiver from China over eBay. I will let you all know how it works once I receive it.

Samsung should get its act together and release proper accessories at the right time, at least with its flagship devices. I had an S3 before I got the S5. I had to make do with questionable aftermarket accessories because of the lack of proper accessories from Samsung. I wish they just included the Qi cover by default. It should not add more than a few bucks to the overall cost.

Last edited:

ponts

Dec 3, 2010
These are on backorder :(, and because I am super impatient, I ordered an S5 compatible (supposedly) Qi receiver from China over eBay. I will let you all know how it works once I receive it.

Samsung should get its act together and release proper accessories at the right time, at least with its flagship devices. I had an S3 before I got the S5. I had to make do with questionable aftermarket accessories because of the lack of proper accessories from Samsung. I wish they just included the Qi cover by default. It should not add more than a few bucks to the overall cost.

I usually prefer the aftermarket qi receivers to keep it slim and to ensure case fit. But my concern with the s5 is that you may cause a bulge that would break the seal on the back door. Any thoughts on this? Not that I plan on swimming with my s5 I really want to maintain the level of protection it shipped with.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

I usually prefer the aftermarket qi receivers to keep it slim and to ensure case fit. But my concern with the s5 is that you may cause a bulge that would break the seal on the back door. Any thoughts on this? Not that I plan on swimming with my s5 I really want to maintain the level of protection it shipped with.

Edited to add: http://www.fonesalesman.com/collections/qi-wireless-receivers/products/s5-pwrcard

You can see the disclaimer about interfering with water resistance.....bummer

slickdealers

Nov 1, 2012
Dont forget that when you register your GS5, samsung will email you a code for 50% one accessory item! (Under $79 I believe my email said)

Sent from my SM-G900P using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SM-G900AZKAATT-accessories

This is specific to our AT&T model, though i'm sure they are universal across all S5 models. Filter on the left side for the chargers.

Wireless Charging Pad mini $39.99

Wireless Charging Pad $59.99

Galaxy S 5 Spare Battery Charging System $49.99

Galaxy S 5 Wireless Charging Cover, White $29.99 (Also available in Black it says)

Most important thing of course we ALL want to know with these Qi-charging covers are: "The Wireless Battery Cover was designed by Samsung to seamlessly match the look and feel of your Galaxy S 5 ensuring that your phone maintains its original style and slim profile. In addition, Samsung has incorporated sealing rubber into the battery cover to retain the Galaxy S 5’s water resistance."

Please sticky this at least for the first quarter as it is a list of the Official products. :cool:
    I'd like to use the 50% off on the official wall charger for the S5. It's not listed yet as far as I can see. Is the Note 3 or S4 charger spec'd the same or should I just wait?

Sent from my GS5

It's the same. 2A charger with a 2A cable

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    I'm still waiting for the s-view wireless charging flip cover. All the stores only have the non wireless ones

Dont forget that when you register your GS5, samsung will email you a code for 50% one accessory item! (Under $79 I believe my email said)

Sent from my SM-G900P using xda app-developers app

Mine was for under $50 in the USA

I received my Samsung wireless charging cover yesterday and confirm it adds a noticeable amount of bulk and weight to the phone. None of my cases fit with this cover on. I have tried Spigen Slim, Neo Hybrid and a genetic TPU case. I expect even bumper cases would struggle to fit with this cover on.

In case anyone wants to know, I got the white wireless charging cover on Amazon UK, and it was the last one in stock, though I suspect, from the state of the packaging, that I received one that had already been opened and used and returned. It works fine though.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app