excessive battery drain by "android os". dead in 12 hours of idle

Search This thread

atb1183

Aug 3, 2010
When I first got the phone, the first few hours of use seems great.

Then, in the past few days, "android os"is showing up as the main drain, over 50% of battery usage AND my phone is dying in about 12 of just standby. Thanks to android 4.4 and lack of safe root method, I cannot determine what is causing the problem.

Anyone got an idea? Location set to battery saving, location reporting and history off, Wi-Fi scanning off, auto sync on with only contacts calendar and Gmail syncing. Removed most apps. Only known good apps are left

PBakker

May 5, 2014
Enschede

Then, in the past few days, "android os"is showing up as the main drain, over 50% of battery usage AND my phone is dying in about 12 of just standby. Thanks to android 4.4 and lack of safe root method, I cannot determine what is causing the problem.

Anyone got an idea? Location set to battery saving, location reporting and history off, Wi-Fi scanning off, auto sync on with only contacts calendar and Gmail syncing. Removed most apps. Only known good apps are left

What brand and type of phone do you have?
Did you try duapps battery saver?

Greetz Peter

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN

Towelroot worked on my D415 to root.

Sounds like the device isn't going in to deep sleep when inactive. I usually charge my D415 over night. The past few days my device has been attached to my PC for long periods of time, thus keeping the battery charged. I went to bed the other night with the battery at 100% and woke to the battery still at 100%. In fact, two nights in a row. :eek:

I'd try a factory reset. Re-root if necessary. Then carefully uninstall whatever bloatware you don't want. If in doubt, don't uninstall something, ask first. :silly:

razoract

Jun 28, 2014

I had the exact same problem, did a factory reset and everything went to normal again.
I can go up to 2 full days of battery even with auto-sync and a huge amount of e-mails e calls ( max time in battery was 72h :) )
If I leave it on standby it basically drains nothing at all (~1% for each 4-5 hours.

atb1183

Aug 3, 2010
I got 2 D415 (tmo US LG L90).

one have this problem, the other doesnt.

One lasts 72 hrs with 1-2 hrs screen on time. The other is having issue. Factory reset didn't help. Factory reset and no account syncing didn't help. It was fine before. Swapped battery between the two to check. didn't help. Everything seems to work fine for both phones it's just that one is having deep sleep issue. Going to try swap it out with TMO.

is towelroot safe? i dont want to jeopardize warranty. (this is my only use of root at the moment. thanks a lot google.)

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN

One lasts 72 hrs with 1-2 hrs screen on time. The other is having issue. Factory reset didn't help. Factory reset and no account syncing didn't help. It was fine before. Swapped battery between the two to check. didn't help. Everything seems to work fine for both phones it's just that one is having deep sleep issue. Going to try swap it out with TMO.

is towelroot safe? i dont want to jeopardize warranty. (this is my only use of root at the moment. thanks a lot google.)

Towelroot is safe to use for rooting, but rooting voids your warranty.

Reactions: atb1183

atb1183

Aug 3, 2010
does the KDZ flashing (in the LG L90 General forum) remove all traces of root so I can effectively bring it back to stock? Tempted to root to fix this problem (thanks google) but afraid of losing warranty.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Towelroot is safe to use for rooting, but rooting voids your warranty.
    does the KDZ flashing (in the LG L90 General forum) remove all traces of root so I can effectively bring it back to stock? Tempted to root to fix this problem (thanks google) but afraid of losing warranty.

Yes.