[TUT] Flashing your First GSM USA 1024LEO ONLY!! (For Noobs)

Search This thread

krish333

Oct 29, 2007
newbie HD2

I just purchased a HD2 US and its locked to TMOBILE. I have the following questions

1. Can the HD2 be unlocked for ATT by flashing a cooked rom ?

Thinking it can unlocked and I flashed a custom ROM but still when the phone boots up with att sim card it asks for the unlock code. here my HD2 phone details

PB81120
Cotulla HSPL 2.08
Radio: 2.08.50.08
Protocol: 15.34.50.07u

thanks in advance

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
I just purchased a HD2 US and its locked to TMOBILE. I have the following questions

1. Can the HD2 be unlocked for ATT by flashing a cooked rom ?

Thinking it can unlocked and I flashed a custom ROM but still when the phone boots up with att sim card it asks for the unlock code. here my HD2 phone details

PB81120
Cotulla HSPL 2.08
Radio: 2.08.50.08
Protocol: 15.34.50.07u

thanks in advance
No, HSPL or flashing another rom does not unlock the device. There are paysites that will give you codes to unlock your device, otherwise you need to ask TMo for the code, either way I'm sure there will be a cost.

nickymonster

Apr 14, 2010
Does this mean that you can get the phone to be the original Tmobile rom easily? If so can someone tell me how? I installed HSPL as well as a new radio and rom (following this guide), and I'd like to backtrack to the original retail version of the phone. Really looking for help with this, and don't want to brick my phone..Anyone? Thanks a bunch.

P

profclean2000

HELP Please...And thank you in advance

I purchased a HD2 today. It is locked to Tmo and I have ATT. I did the HSPL flash but I need to know if there is a rom that will allow it to work on ATT. Any help would be awesome. Tried to get an unlock code but they could not find a code.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
I purchased a HD2 today. It is locked to Tmo and I have ATT. I did the HSPL flash but I need to know if there is a rom that will allow it to work on ATT. Any help would be awesome. Tried to get an unlock code but they could not find a code.

There is no ROM you can flash that will sim unlock it to work with ATT. Your best bet would be to call t-mobile to get the unlock code or find a site that works. I am waiting on mine from t-mobile as well

ruffrider5956

Jul 10, 2008
Im wondering do i have to install hardspl to install hardspl2 on my tmobile us hd2 im new so im just makeing sure the guide says to but i just wanted to make sure.

jimmy_wg

Mar 22, 2010
so....if i accidently flash the 1.66 version on tmobile hd2...how do i solve the problem??? is that possible to solve problem that go enter triple-color-mode and flash back the offitial t-mobile rom so i can restore the regulat radio version?

nathan75137

Nov 11, 2008
error code 00000004

every time i try to flash, it goes to the tri-color screen and the shortly afterwards gives me error code 00000004 stating that my device id is bad. the only other information i can find on this is for telestra (whatever they are) or ones where they werent using hspl2.

i have double checked my spl version and have 1024 flash

any help?

Vishai

Mar 26, 2010
First post ever. Ultimate NOOB. I get the same error trying to run the HSPL1024 "USB CONNECT FAIL" I have the spl 2.08.0000. I have tried to educate myself, before asking.

It says it finally worked at the base of your post. How'd you get it to go? I've tried several times, different USB ports, always receiving the same coding. I've checked my pc it says the usbs are working, I checked the setting on the device. it's working.

The only other clue than the flash error is a WMDC sync code error, but it doesn't indicate why it isn't operating correctly. I'm still able to navigate and I assume adapt my phone through WMDC...No flash though. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Vishai

Mar 26, 2010
CRITICAL ERROR: USB Connection error

First post ever. Ultimate NOOB. I get the same error trying to run the HSPL1024 "USB CONNECT FAIL" I have the spl 2.08.0000. I have tried to educate myself, before asking.

It says it finally worked at the base of your post. How'd you get it to go? I've tried several times, different USB ports, always receiving the same coding. I've checked my pc it says the usbs are working, I checked the setting on the device. it's working.

The only other clue than the flash error is a WMDC sync code error, but it doesn't indicate why it isn't operating correctly. I'm still able to navigate and I assume adapt my phone through WMDC...No flash though. Thanks for your time.

The fix I figured out was booting the phone to the bootloader screen after having had the phone on and connected. The connectin in WMDC ended but while looking at the bootup screen (tri-color with the SPL) I then ran the flash.

Worked perfectly. That may have been what I was directed to do in the first post, but I didn't catch that part for whatever reason. Hope it helps somebody who has the same result.

frank71607

Apr 8, 2010
okay i know this might sound like a dumb question but i want to know what to do or if i just misunderstood the criteria.

I have a rom version of 2.10.531.1. is it possible to do the flash process with this rom version or do i need to down grade to version 2.08?

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Guide is only for T-Mobile USA HD2 with 1024 Mbytes ROM (1024LEO)
    The ModelID for this version of HD2 is PB811200

If you have a LEO with 512MB ROM then please use *THIS* guide.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE READ THE FAQ BEFORE POSTING.

PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION IN THIS GUIDE BEFORE INSTALLING HARDSPL OR FLASHING A ROM/RADIO. IF YOU FLASH AN INCOMPATABLE ROM OR RADIO ON THE 1024LEO THEN THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF BRICKING YOUR DEVICE SO PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL!!

Before starting, backup anything you might want to keep after the new Rom has been flashed as all contacts, emails, texts, notes, Internet BookMarks WILL be lost!!

PimBackup is good and free (copy any mms attachments to your storage card or computer seperately)

*ONCE YOU HAVE FLASHED A HARDSPL ITS PERMANENT. YOU DONT NEED TO DO IT AGAIN WHEN FLASHING NEW ROMS OR RADIOS*

*DO NOT start another process while the flashing process is taking place*
    *DO NOT click off of the status bar... Let it stay in the foreground*
    *DO NOT let the Screensaver activate*

Any of these can lead to a bad flash and possibly brick your phone

*FLASH HARDSPL BEFORE FLASHING ANY CUSTOM ROMS OR RADIOS*

1. YOUR DEVICE MUST HAVE AT LEAST 50% BATTERY POWER FIRST BEFORE ATTEMPTING EACH STAGE

--------------------------------------------------------------

2. FLASH HARDSPL (REQUIRED!! DO THIS BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE)

The Original HardSPL Thread is *HERE*

NOTE: If you have Vista or Windows 7, update WMDC to v6.1 *HERE* first
    NOTE:
    Turn OFF any AntiVirus Program first as it WILL interefere with the flash (there is NO harmful code in the program)

Installing HardSPL4 via ActiveSync with USB Lead (thanks to Bepe)

Note: HardSPL CANNOT be installed via microSD Card.

IMPORTANT: To install/uninstall this HSPL4 there must be any SPL version from this list on your device:
    SPL 1.42.0000, SPL 1.62.0000, SPL 1.66.0000, SPL 2.07.0000, SPL 2.08.0000, SPL 2.10.0000, SPL 3.03.000

To Uninstall you can flash a Stock ROM via SD card or use HSPL3 application (You need select 2.08.0000 or 3.03.0000 in the choose screen)

1. Download HardSPL4 package from *HERE* and extract to an empty folder
    2. Synch Phone with PC in Windows Mobile!!! It has to be connected to activesync or WMDC via USB cable
    3. Run
    HSPL4.exe from your pc and read all the text carefully
    4. When finished reading click next
    in the HardSPL program
    5. The program will now check the usb connection and enter bootloader screen (tri colour)
    *You can select between
    2.08.HSPL 2.08.0000 HSPL3.03.0000 or 3.03.HSPL. This is to avoid people with 1024LEO's installing an incompatable version and bricking their device*

Android / WP7 / MAGLDR don't support HSPL3.03/OSPL3.03.
    You need HSPL2.08 to run Android / WP7 / MAGLDR

6. Select 2.08.HSPL OR 3.03HSPL for HardSPL and click NEXT.
    7. Your choice will be flashed to your phone.
    8. When its finished the phone will reboot.
    9. Click ok to terminate program.
    10. Congrats, you just flashed HardSPL.

NOTE: You can also install HARDSPL by entering Bootloader mode manually, then running the HSPL4.exe program once you see 'USB' at the bottom of the tri-colour screen.

*Go into BootLoader Mode (turn off phone, then press and hold the VOLUME DOWN then Press and hold the POWER button. After about 3 seconds the tri-coloured screen should appear). Verify the screen shows the SPL or HardSPL you installed*

3. DOWNLOAD AND FLASH YOUR PREFERED ROM

IMPORTANT: DO NOT flash any Rom unless it states in the 1st post that its compatable with the 1024LEO or the chef confirms its safe to flash on a 1024LEO. If you flash a Rom with a Base version before 2.08 then you will most likely brick your phone. PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!

IF YOU ARENT ABSOLUTELY SURE THEN DONT FLASH IT!!

NOTE: Check the Roms Thread for any specific Flashing instructions. If there arent any then you can use the following guide.

Flashing Via ActiveSync
    1. Download your prefered Rom from the LEO Rom Develpoment Page and unzip/unrar it to your computer
    2. REMOVE SIM and microSD CARDS!! (this is a precautionary measure and is not compulsory)
    3. Turn phone back on and wait until it syncs with your PC
    4a. If your Rom is a .exe (customRUU.exe is already included in the Rom file) then run the file
    4b. If your Rom is a .nbh file then run the CustomRUU.exe
    from the Roms Folder (if one isnt included then download it *HERE*)
    . Follow onscreen instructions to set up your New Rom
    6. Once phone has gone through the customisation procedure then replace Sim and microSD Cards
    7. Perform a Hard Reset to clear any leftover data from your previous Rom (see intructions at bottom).
    8. Set up phone as required and job done.

Flashing Via MicroSD Card

NOTE (PLEASE READ):
    If you flash a Stock Rom via microSD Card then it will overwrite your HardSPL with a stock SPL included in the nbh file. This does not apply to custom roms as they do not include an SPL. BE CAREFUL!!

1. Make sure your microSD is Formatted to fat32 (you dont have to delete all files but it is safer if you do)
    2. Download your prefered Rom from the LEO Rom Develpoment Page and unzip/unrar it to your PC
    3. Goto the Roms Folder and rename the .nbh file to LEOIMG.nbh
    4. Copy the LEOIMG.nbh file to the root of your MicroSD Card
    5. Plug the MicroSD Card into the phone
    6. Reset the device while pressing the volume down button to enter the BootLoader screen, you will first see a tri-color screen with the phone and SPL Information at the top
    7. Follow the On Screen instructions to start the update
    8. After flash has completed, press the reset button with the stylus to reset the device.

4. FLASH PREFERED RADIO (OPTIONAL)

IMPORTANT: Do not flash ANY Radio before 2.07.x or the
    2.09.51.03 Radio or you could damage your phone!!
    IMPORTANT: Make sure the Radio you flash is FULLY compatable with the US HD2 before flashing.

IF YOU ARENT ABSOLUTELY SURE THEN DONT FLASH IT!!

Flashing Via ActiveSync
    1. Download your required Radio and rename the extracted file to RUU_Signed.nbh
    2. Sync your phone with the PC
    3. Run CustomRUU.exe from the Radio's Folder and follow the instructions
    (if one isnt included then download it *HERE*)

Flashing via MicroSD Card
    Use same method as Flashing a Rom via MicroSD Card

5. JOB DONE. Well Done YOU DID IT!!

Useful Information

How to get into your Bootloader
    1. Turn your phone off
    2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN then Press and hold the POWER button. After about 3 seconds the tri-coloured screen should appear.
    3. To exit Bootloader you need to remove your back cover and pull the battery out for a few seconds, then replace it and press the power button to reboot your phone.

How to perform a HardReset
    Hard Resetting deletes ALL personal data and settings and restores your phone to factory default conditions as if you turned on the phone for the first time after purchasing.

1. With the device turned off, press and hold the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons, then briefly press the POWER button.
    2. Continue pressing the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons until you see this message on the screen:
    "This operation will delete all your personal data, and reset all settings to the manufacturer default settings. Press VolUp to restore manufacturer defaults, or press other keys to cancel."
    3. Release the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
    4. Press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.

You can also use Clear Storage to reset your device back to factory default settings.
    1. On the Home screen, slide to the Settings tab and then tap Menu > All Settings.
    2. On the System tab, tap Clear Storage.
    3. Enter “1234” and then tap Yes.

Make sure you back up all your data such as Contacts, Appointments, messages etc or they will be gone forever.

*DISCLAIMER*
    I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.
    is there a way to flash a hardspl from my phone (htc hd2) i do not have my own pc
    No there isnt sorry it has to be done via usb cable from a pc.

Mark.
    FAQ's

1. What is Rom Flashing?
    A Rom is basically an operating system for your phone. A Custom/Cooked Rom is a Stock/Shipped Rom that has been stripped of clutter and tweaked to give the best performance. Custom Roms usually contain the latest updates and programs so are more stable and up to date and work better than stock roms that are supplied with your phone.

2. What is the difference between SPL and HardSPL?

The SPL (Secondary Program Loader) is mainly a bootloader which allows a ROM to be flashed onto your device. The SPL does more than just load and boot the ROM it sets various flags which can control the operation of the OS on the device. It also controls some operations between the OS and the device's hardware. SPLs come paired with shipped (or leaked) official ROMs and are meant to match the ROMs operation. Therefore, with each new ROM release there is likely to be a new SPL.

A Hard SPL is one that is permanently flashed in your device memory and will boot up every time your device boots. The SPL that is shipped with your device, or upgraded from an official ROM is a Hard SPL. In short, if it is loaded into your device's firmware, and survives a hard-reset it is considered Hard. Therefore HardSPL2 is a shipped SPL that has been patched to allow flashing of any Rom or Radio (custom or shipped) as long as its compatable with your device and it will withstand a Hard Reset so is permanent unless overwritten by a different SPL.
    Hi, I'm having a problem installing the hspl3
    my phone is connected in wmdc and when I click next on the hspl launcher it can't find the phone. I get a critical error: usb connect failed.
    can you please help..
    thanks..

enter bootloader yourself first, then connect usb, wait 20 seconds, then right click hspl.exe and 'run as administrator'
    So when I run HSPL4 (I haven't yet) it's going to ask me to select a version and even though I have 2.10 on there currently I need to run 2.08 because android / wp7 / magldr all support that version?
    those numbers are incomplete. What you need to get your head around is that there are two of each, 2.08.0000, 2.08.hspl 3.03.0000, 3.03.hspl...
    Even if you do go to '2.08', if it ends .0000 its stock, and flashing wont work.
    So yes, run hspl4, and choose 2.08.hspl (for android nand and most cooked roms)
    i wanted to install the hyperdroid rom but i dont see any of that information listed that it's compatible or not (though my assumption is that it is). how can i generally tell if it will be compatible with the 1024leo, hspl, and radio that i'm using?

nand roms are all tmous compatible. with nand roms its all about the partitions they create in your nand memory, and most layouts set a userdata partition to 'asize' (allsize) meaning it takes up all the spare space, so from the point of view of actual compatibility, it makes no difference if its a tmous or regular for android. (in fact us regular users have to have a tmous spl and tmous radio for android to work)
    Its only when it somes to radios and winmo roms you have to be careful.
    Oh and your radio will be fine, its a tmous radio, so it will work already.