[ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzyROM for Toro - Jelly Bean 4.3 - JSS15J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

amf100

Jan 30, 2011
Re: [ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzyROM for Toro - Jelly Bean 4.2.2 - JDQ39

Alright, the theme will have to wait a little longer. BUT I did get a couple softkey variations done! Here you go guys, enjoy!!

White Keys

Search-Back-Home-Recents-Menu
https://www.box.com/s/6bev6zkqzapwtzjet6ul

Back-Search-Home-Recents-Menu
https://www.box.com/s/1xl6dq1ahf3sc4jhdnox

Blue Keys

Search-Back-Home-Recents-Menu
https://www.box.com/s/6qwcnv8qplnkbfv5oopl

Back-Search-Home-Recents-Menu
https://www.box.com/s/ia8ubbjt1qwjcf9dyh7r

Also, if you want a 36dpi navbar you can flash my dpi mod first followed by the 5 key variation you want.
The dpi mod is here > https://www.box.com/s/vw3iliqmr26d6it38hda
Have a great weekend guys!!! Sorry about the theme .. I will do my best to get out ASAP.

No need to be sorry. We all thank you for your great mods that allow us to customize our phones the way we want. Thanks for the softkeys!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: adbFreedom

mldiroff

Jul 9, 2010
Belleville
SOD

So, really loving how this ROM (w/stock kernel) has been working on my wife's phone for a couple of days now, with one exception that just happened last night/this morning. Yesterday, I flashed the T9 dialer mod and the quick settings mod for her. Last night, she turned the phone off, plugged into the charger and this morning, 'sleep of death'. Had to do a battery pull and when I turned back on, it looks like the battery never even charged. This actually happened once with her on Stock-rooted-Leankernel, which is why I came to this ROM in the first place :)

So, my concern is that perhaps there's something wrong either with the phone, the charger she's using, or I don't know. But if I don't get this thing to be completely, 100% stable, she'll head back to her iPhone! :p

Thoughts?

ShanMan14

Mar 10, 2011
Last night, she turned the phone off, plugged into the charger and this morning, 'sleep of death'. Had to do a battery pull and when I turned back on, it looks like the battery never even charged. This actually happened once with her on Stock-rooted-Leankernel, which is why I came to this ROM in the first place :)

Thoughts?

I have this happen using the current French Vanilla and the earlier 12/18 build. It only happens in a very specific circumstance, though, and not when plugging the charger in.

I have a Tunelink to connect my GN to my vehicle using Bluetooth. At some point during the handshake or connection, but not every time, I get this "sleep of death" necessitating a battery pull. It is only when I first get in and start looking for music or a podcast or something. By now I'm driving and wind up having to pull the battery to get it to come back to life. It's annoying but not enough to stop using BT.

Frixtion

Jan 17, 2013
Everywhere & Nowhere
Last night, she turned the phone off, plugged into the charger and this morning, 'sleep of death'. Had to do a battery pull and when I turned back on, it looks like the battery never even charged. This actually happened once with her on Stock-rooted-Leankernel, which is why I came to this ROM in the first place :)

So, my concern is that perhaps there's something wrong either with the phone, the charger she's using, or I don't know. But if I don't get this thing to be completely, 100% stable, she'll head back to her iPhone! :p

Thoughts?

I have this happen using the current French Vanilla and the earlier 12/18 build. It only happens in a very specific circumstance, though, and not when plugging the charger in.

At some point during the handshake or connection, but not every time, I get this "sleep of death" necessitating a battery pull. It is only when I first get in and start looking for music or a podcast or something. By now I'm driving and wind up having to pull the battery to get it to come back to life. It's annoying but not enough to stop using BT.

I just Google searched "Galaxy Nexus sleep of death" and there are reports of this issue going back to 2011 on rooted, not rooted devices, kernels, no kernels , roms , no roms. There were many hypothesis on causes and solutions. One guy posted a video on YouTube " galaxy nexus turning off " he discovered tapping area below camera caused his device to shutdown. Maybe there's a problem with battery connections. Just my thoughts

Last edited:

RW-1

Jun 30, 2010
www.dynamicflight.com
Alright, well I'll download the Toro ROM tomorrow and try applying the modifications sometime soon. As soon as I do I will post for testing. Sorry about this guys.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running MMuzzy's Jelly Bean 4.2.2

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

It can be done but it just looks a mess. I could try shrinking the lockring so it looks better if that's not a problem. The widget pi pushes he lockring down the screen so eventually it overlaps the carrier name. But true expanded view is not possible with only a mod.

Which is why I stated who else was going to be the guinea pigs? Oink!

Hammer, don't feel bad, or sorry. I figured anything that has to mess with framework was not going to be a quick mod to get it fully expanded on phone unlock.

Besides, the app is free, most of the extensions are free as well, I'm not hard up to get it fully expanded, it is a want, not a need. :)

nighthammer

Oct 27, 2010
Ohio

Which is why I stated who else was going to be the guinea pigs? Oink!

Hammer, don't feel bad, or sorry. I figured anything that has to mess with framework was not going to be a quick mod to get it fully expanded on phone unlock.

Besides, the app is free, most of the extensions are free as well, I'm not hard up to get it fully expanded, it is a want, not a need. :)

The new mod is up if somebody wants to try it out. It's a couple of posts back. Once I'm confident it works on Toro I'll see if I can tweak it for you and get at least close to what you're wanting.

chefthomas99

May 14, 2010
Texas

How do we add commands to the circle unlock? Ie. Messaging app from lock screen.

Dave12308

Jan 24, 2010
It's all personal opinion, but along with others I can tell you that this is the most stable ROM out there for the GNex.

Sent from my MMuZZY'D SCH-i515

Agreed. I've been following this ROM since it was based on 4.2.1 (first and ONLY ROM that has stayed on my GNex since I got it a couple of months ago) and the one thing I noticed is mmuzzy takes the time to get it right.

If you look at the threads, you'll notice his wasn't the FIRST 4.2.2 ROM out there. There's a reason for that. He took his time, waited for the correct code to be uploaded to Google, and then built the ROM. He didn't make it out of a bastardized version of the GSM Nexus ROM.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I realize that everyone has their rom preferences. I just want to start off with what seems to be the strongest. I appreciate the response.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda app-developers app

In my VERY humble opinion, this ROM is what the "stock" OS should be. It works better, has more features, and is nicer in general.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Agreed,

I've tried other ROMS in the past that had more options, but this is the smoothest, best battery life, best GOOGLE NOW, best PHONE, etc. Do you catch my drift. The only issue I'm having and I'm not sure it's ROM related is that my wifi seems to disappear every now and then. I've used WIFI analyzer to see if anything has changed but have not been able to identify anything thus far. Other than that, I love MMUZY's rom.

I dunno man, some wifi routers are flaky at times when upgrading to a new ROM, for whatever reason. I sometimes find it useful to give the router a quick reboot. FWIW, I have NO wifi issues period with this ROM, my router is the Actiontec MI424WR-GEN3I that Verizon gives you for FIOS.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

I tried with no success. Honestly when I first modded it I had to go through the process of decompile, edit, recompile, zip, flash, fail... decompile and start all over again about 50 times lol. I will continue to attempt to fix it, but it might be a while! Thanks for your patience.

I was just curious, did you have any time to mess with the HDR camera from CM10.1? I know you mentioned making it into a flashable .zip when you had time, I know you've got a lot on your plate but was curious if you'd had a chance to look at it?

Don't forget GAPPs. That's what it sounds like is missing.

If Gapps isn't flashed, then there's no button to enter the settings screen in the notification bar? That's odd, I would've thought that would be in the AOSP code. I'm asking because I just clean flashed and hitting the button to switch between toggles and notifcations doesn't do anything. I thought it might have been because I fashed TiBu.zip (the option to install the application via zip, which I've never tried before).

adbFreedom

Nov 15, 2012
I was just curious, did you have any time to mess with the HDR camera from CM10.1? I know you mentioned making it into a flashable .zip when you had time, I know you've got a lot on your plate but was curious if you'd had a chance to look at it?

Oh I tried, but failed miserably lol. The libs and apk are not the same as the N4 so it kind of left me guessing what to take which either caused a force close or a bootloop lol I haven't given up completely and I will prob try again eventually, but for now I'm going to finish this theme up ..

Reactions: jon9314

Dave12308

Jan 24, 2010
Oh I tried, but failed miserably lol. The libs and apk are not the same as the N4 so it kind of left me guessing what to take which either caused a force close or a bootloop lol I haven't given up completely and I will prob try again eventually, but for now I'm going to finish this theme up ..

Sounds good. I might do some reading and mess with it some more myself, so far had the same result you did. Although I was manually pushing files and when I got into a bootloop, I think I may have missed one before rebooting. I will admit I was randomly guessing as to which files were involved, I was trying to replace anything with gallery or camera in the filename.

wmarcin

Jan 13, 2010

Just wanted to chime in here and give props when due.....Great rom Mmuzzy!

I've been running this for a while and (of course) made my own personal mod, but didn't post it up 'cause adbFreedom (very cool dude btw), and kmagetyourgameongameguy had you all covered for mods.

With that said, I thought I'd share a mod in case anyone is interested.

• quick(er) soft key animation
    centered lockscreen clock
    2100mAh framework
    centered status bar clock (in white)
    text 1% battery
    sgsiii softkeys (with blue glow)
    bright(er) notification icons (in color)
    dark(er) phone/contacts dialer
    custom deskclock app
    alternate vibrate/bluetooth/alarm icons
    ....ummm, maybe others...don't remember

Thanks to adbFreedom, kmagameguy and of course Mmuzzy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?awvrpwaxge3en0j

I enjoyed your mod very much, sir. Will it work on the latest (2/17) version of Mmuzzy's ROM?

willyjay

Nov 12, 2009
I enjoyed your mod very much, sir. Will it work on the latest (2/17) version of Mmuzzy's ROM?

No.....I'll try to get an update done by tomorrow. I've been running/testing a friend's personal build, so haven't gotten around to modding this one for myself. Sorry for the delay!!!

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Just wanted to chime in here and give props when due.....Great rom Mmuzzy!

I've been running this for a while and (of course) made my own personal mod, but didn't post it up 'cause adbFreedom (very cool dude btw), and kmagetyourgameongameguy had you all covered for mods.

With that said, I thought I'd share a mod in case anyone is interested.

• quick(er) soft key animation
    centered lockscreen clock
    2100mAh framework
    centered status bar clock (in white)
    text 1% battery
    sgsiii softkeys (with blue glow)
    bright(er) notification icons (in color)
    dark(er) phone/contacts dialer
    custom deskclock app
    alternate vibrate/bluetooth/alarm icons
    ....ummm, maybe others...don't remember

Thanks to adbFreedom, kmagameguy and of course Mmuzzy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?awvrpwaxge3en0j

Decided to get it out tonight.....it hasn't been tested, so if anyone tries, let me know if it's ok!
This is the mod I personally use when running Mmuzzy...details above:
http://www.mediafire.com/?f6rk2z35xbvqibz

edit....added in a mms.apk that includes emoji and quick reply (thanks bouchigo!). Hopefully it works well with everything else.

edit 2...just realized T9 dialer isn't included in this build....so for dark(er) T9 dialer, flash this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?921y0tia0vctet2

Last edited:

wmarcin

Jan 13, 2010

Decided to get it out tonight.....it hasn't been tested, so if anyone tries, let me know if it's ok!

edit....added in a mms.apk that includes emoji and quick reply (thanks bouchigo!). Hopefully it works well with everything else.

Many thanks indeed! I'll give it a whirl tomorrow and report back.

Last edited:
Reactions: willyjay

forrestcate

Dec 25, 2012
Google Pixel 7

No.....I'll try to get an update done by tomorrow. I've been running/testing a friend's personal build, so haven't gotten around to modding this one for myself. Sorry for the delay!!!

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

edit 2...just realized T9 dialer isn't included in this build....so for dark(er) T9 dialer, flash this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?921y0tia0vctet2

Works great. Thanks.

ArnieG

Mar 24, 2012
Fountain Hills, AZ

Loving your mods. Thanks for the extra effort.

Sent from mmuzzified gnex (w/tiny's latest kernel)

notstevek

Apr 15, 2011
Google Pixel 4a 5G

Can someone post adb's MMS apk?

Also on a side note, I got bored while my girlfriend was sleeping so I flashed aokp's 4.2.2 (mr1 build 3) and it had some nice mods like 24-48dpi navbar mod (adb is making me a 28dpi mod eventually) and *hint hint* mmuzzy a lte toggle. but god damn within 20min had 10 ui force closes, overclocked to 1500mhz and lagged like a mofo and never had more than 150mb free ram. So of course I switched back. Not dissing aokp, good team, just my experience with it was bad.

Sent from my MMuZZY'D SCH-i515

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOSP JellyBean 4.3. Official Source hot off the AOSP servers. This ROM is AOSP. The only files that were changed or added were to make things nicely functional.
    Thanks to everyone for the kind words, technical help, suggestions, and for using the ROM!

This ROM is closely related to builds I make for Toroplus, Mako, Manta, Maguro and Grouper.

----------------
    Features include:
    - Root with Superuser
    - Scroll Cache disabled (kmagameguy
    - Quick Settings Mod (kevdliu)
    - Enhanced Power Menu (Craig Gomez)
    - Screenshot on power menu (CM)
    - Expanded Desktop (CM)
    - T9 Dialing (Paranoid Android)
    - Clear all apps button in recent apps list (D4rKn3sSyS)
    - Volume Fix (Peter Alfonso)
    - Native tethering
    - Verizon Sign in apps
    - Play app auto restore
    - Fixed pull-down carrier text
    - GPS Lock Tweak (convolution)
    - Emergency Broadcast Settings Menu
    - Lean and fast

----------------
    Download Menu:

Vanilla 4.3 build: http://d-h.st/BY1
    SuperSU for 4.2: http://download.chainfire.eu/342/Sup...erSU-v1.43.zip
    Bank's test 4.3 GAPPs: http://goo.im/devs/BaNkS/

French Vanilla 4.2.2 - Slightly Modded version of MMuzzyROM
    More MODs available thanks Kmagameguy, Willyjay and adbFreedom, and others.
    ROM - Download - 7/12/13
    Mirror (veloslave) - Download - 7/12/13

Vanilla 4.2.2- Fixes done but no MODs, pure AOSP version of MMuzzyROM - JDQ39)
    This is provided for those who don't like MODs. AOSP MODs will work though.
    ROM - Download - 7/13/13

ChocolateMilk MuzzyROM (JOP40D) - CM ROM, won't be updated
    Download - 1/11/13
    Mirror (veloslave) - Download - 1/11/13

GAPPs - Download

Mike1986's Superwipe script (automates pre clean flash steps) - Download

Goo.im
    ----------------
    Directions (Clean Flash)
    1. Wipe factory data/reset
    2. Wipe cache
    3. Go into mounts and storage
    4. Format /system
    5. Format /data
    6. Format /cache
    7. Wipe dalvik
    8. Flash ROM
    9. Flash GAPPs

Directions (Dirty Flash)
    1. Wipe cache
    2. Wipe dalvik
    3. Flash ROM
    4. Flash GAPPs

Tips:
    - Clean flash strongly recommended with Android 4.2!
    - Turn off Currents background sync! Major lag cause in 4.2.
    - If you get a status 7 error flashing a ROM, try making sure SYSTEM is unmounted in 'mount/unmount partitions' menu in recovery.
    ..Thanks to jroid for finding the tip.

----------------
    Changelog:

July 26, 2013
    - Vanilla 4.3 ROM added
    Be sure to flash the SuperSU and GAPPs for 4.3

July 13, 2013
    - Security patched Vanilla ROM uploaded

July 12, 2013
    - Patch for Bug: 8219321
    - Patch for Bug: 9695860
    Note: This is a security update to patch the master key and unsigned zip issues in AOSP.

April 21, 2013
    - Updated Vanilla MMuzzyROM (JDQ39E)

April 19, 2013
    - Merged with android-4.2.2_r1.2 (JDQ39E)
    Note: I had second thoughts regarding merging to a rogue branch

April 19, 2013
    - Merged in android-4.2.2_r1.2b (JER09)
    - Updated Superuser
    - De-integrated Superuser

April 13, 2013
    - HPSA+ Drawables fix
    - Incoming Call black block area reduced
    - Update for T9 Dialer
    - Updated Superuser
    - Superuser integrated into Settings
    Note: On a dirty flash, delete the existing superuser.apk through titanium backup or similar to avoid conflicts with integrated superuser.

March 17, 2013
    - Fixed missing /etc/init.d folder

March 15, 2013
    - Updated Quick Settings Tile MOD (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1999125)
    - Fixed Korean language dialpad
    - init.d support

March 8, 2013
    - Vanilla Rom updated (same changelog as 3/7 FV)

----------------
    Add-ons (date given if release specific)

Willyjay's All-in-One MOD (7/12) - Download

Willyjay's All-in-One MOD (4/19, should work with 4/13) - Download

Willyjay's MODs (4/13) - Downloads

CM10 Style Battery by jimmyn89 (4/13) - Post

4.2.2 Radios (pulled by mWalt2) - Download

Quick Reply SMS (subsonicbug) - Post

adbFreedom's Theme (3/7) - Post

adbFreedom's MODs (3/7) - Post

Stock Email/Exchange Apps Flashable (4/23/13) - Download

Stock 4.2.2/JDQ39 Kernel - Download

MMuzzy Wallpaper (kmamameguy) - Download

----------------
    Thanks Cyanogenmod, AOKP, TeamEOS, Team Horizon, Rascarlo, Paranoid Android, Craig Gomez, Tiny4579, Kmagameguy, adbFreedom, mcp770, willyjay, veloslave, runandhide05, Flomaster, Blame2, mcavoya, SparkyXI for the banner. :)
    ----------------
    ROM/kernel source found here: https://android.googlesource.com/device/samsung/toro
    CyanogenMOD source/kernel: https://github.com/CyanogenMod
    Kevdliu's Android 4.2 Quick Settings Mod: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1999125
    ----------------
    Sync'ing up the new 4.3 source now but I'm also just starting a new job so fewer brain cycles for the ROM right now but we'll do our best.
    ROM Update

November 22, 2012
    - Android 4.2 Quick Settings Mod updated to Patch 1
    - Added 4.2 Wallpaper
    - Fix for vibration bug (tiny4579)
    Note: Happy Thanksgiving!
    12-30 Mod Updates

When I create a new mod for this release, I will post in thread and then update this post so everything stays together.

1% Circle Battery
    https://www.box.com/s/1gviw24in8w32wnqzs3s

1% Circle Battery with Blue Zenyth Keys
    https://www.box.com/s/a8p8vz3ego942181dgxz

1% Circle Battery with Stock Blue Keys
    https://www.box.com/s/iku1sfecj5g1q4wz8r3a

1% Circle Battery with Motorola Style Signal and Blue Keys
    https://www.box.com/s/qtlsnm911ae7741otbi9

Center Lock Screen
    https://www.box.com/s/ygw1iu5b239w38law1y3
    (note: center lock screen can be flashed with the battery mods without overwriting each other)

Volume Rocker Wake
    https://www.box.com/s/ni3j3lzsclc6gvqxbskv

Remove Google Search Bar from Homescreens
    https://www.box.com/s/t56uaz1mqx20vrj5d7v7

Volume Up Button for Camera Shutter
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36806040&postcount=6927
    12-18 MODs

I'm excited for the new release today! Here is a short list of MODs to get started. I plan on having fun with this build ;)

1% Circle Battery
    https://www.box.com/s/z4ajxjsbp2yonx8wmiya

1% Circle Battery with Stock Blue Keys
    https://www.box.com/s/j3z5sxqdl6b3ns7g638e

1% Circle Battery with Blue Reflective Keys
    https://www.box.com/s/ecxpw5jqje0nozbhr5pi

1% Circle Battery with Blue Zenyth Keys
    https://www.box.com/s/tofeob74kh9np8cnn2ud

Blue Zenyth Keys Only
    https://www.box.com/s/ngcsd2e6hhjxtj9qepnz

Volume Rocker Wake
    https://www.box.com/s/m0i2844ry9uzpihi5ri7

Center Lockscreen
    https://www.box.com/s/e40hux15ahognghdi6yu --- (credit to willyjay for helping find where google moved the code for the date in 4.2!)
    (Note : Center Lockscreen mod can be flashed in addition to any of these without overwriting eachother)