Stable Release Date: 2014-05-30

Created 2014-05-30
Last Updated 2014-06-02

swasha123

Mar 22, 2011
Pune
:D:thumbup::thumbup:
Hi, Sijav sir,
I used your prerooted C5503 4.3 version on my C5502. Worked well. Really thanks for your hard work.

You are simply great that you made it for 4.4 also.

I have few questions. Pl answer.
1. There is one more prerooted 4.4 available in forum. But install procedure is different. I am confused now. Pl clear my doubt.
2. Is there any problem to install C5503 on C5502. (I am now on C5503 4.4 already. No problem). But fear in mind.
3. Somewhere on Google, I read anyone can enable LTE by change in build.prop. Is it true? LTE is software base or hardware base?. (In India, presently no 4G, but in near future it will be available)

Advance Thanks for your patience for my questions.

Sent from my C5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sijav

Sep 3, 2012
Tehran
:D:thumbup::thumbup:
Hi, Sijav sir,
I used your prerooted C5503 4.3 version on my C5502. Worked well. Really thanks for your hard work.

You are simply great that you made it for 4.4 also.

I have few questions. Pl answer.
1. There is one more prerooted 4.4 available in forum. But install procedure is different. I am confused now. Pl clear my doubt.
2. Is there any problem to install C5503 on C5502. (I am now on C5503 4.4 already. No problem). But fear in mind.
3. Somewhere on Google, I read anyone can enable LTE by change in build.prop. Is it true? LTE is software base or hardware base?. (In India, presently no 4G, but in near future it will be available)

Advance Thanks for your patience for my questions.

Sent from my C5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1. about the procedures: all procedure is the same it's just my rom is some kind of backup of the current state of my own system folder compressed on tar which saves the permission on every file on itself, which will flash on your phone, as I didn't had any meta-info and somehow I couldn't get one by code and I'm too lazy to build it I did this just to be sure that all permission in your system folder are set to right amount, however using an old meta-info (which currently most dev do) is somehow workable and rom will boot but some problems and malfunctioning may occur later. So I just played it safe.

2. Network vendors (BT and WIFI) are different in C5502 and C5503, I have saw many C5502 broken BT and WiFi, they had also flashed C5503 on C5502!
Flashing another phones rom on yours will result malfunctioning or bricking your phone! So I suggest under any circumstances please Flash a ROM specifically build for your phone just to be safe! (better safe than sorry right? :D)

3. LTE is hardware base! you can disable it in build.prop, you can enable it too. but if your hardware does not supported then it's nonsense!

P.A.M

Oct 14, 2013
OOUPS I flashed the the ROM with PHILZ TOUCH 6 - I did not know that it PHILZ until I saw it on screen at the end....what is the risk and the consequences?

May 30, 2014
By vanilla recovery...

Hello, here is 4.4 pre-rooted stock firmware

5. Run NDR Utils app and select vanilla recovery (IMPORTANT)
5. Flash my rooted rom zip file and wifi_mac_fix.zip with recoery (DO NOT FLASH THIS WITH PHILZ TOUCH RECOVERY!!)

You mean CWM Recovery, yes?

(And for anyone who can't boot into CWM, go install ROM Manager from Play Store and click Reboot into Recovery once you've set up CWM in the app)

sijav

Sep 3, 2012
Tehran
OOUPS I flashed the the ROM with PHILZ TOUCH 6 - I did not know that it PHILZ until I saw it on screen at the end....what is the risk and the consequences?
No consequences,
nothing will flashed ;) or else if flashed without problems then you're good to go. it's either capable of flash it or not!

Last edited:

sijav

Sep 3, 2012
Tehran
You mean CWM Recovery, yes?

(And for anyone who can't boot into CWM, go install ROM Manager from Play Store and click Reboot into Recovery once you've set up CWM in the app)
yes CWM recovery, or even TWRP if you have it.
when you install dual recovery you can even change the philz name to cwm and vice versa. or use NDRUtil to go to cwm.
it's easy ;)

Last edited:

swasha123

Mar 22, 2011
Pune
yes CWM recovery, or even TWRP if you have it.
when you install dual recovery you can even change the philz name to cwm and vice versa. or use NDRUtil to go to cwm.
it's easy ;)

Thank for info.

I rooted and installed dual recovery from desktop.

But now I can not boot into recovery by hardware key or NDRUtil also.

I have installed Xperia Xposed module and then I can boot into recovery (But in Philz. by default)

But is it safe?? I have to install prerooted rom.

In case any problem, how to boot into recovery without hardware key.

sijav

Sep 3, 2012
Tehran
Thank for info.

I rooted and installed dual recovery from desktop.

But now I can not boot into recovery by hardware key or NDRUtil also.

I have installed Xperia Xposed module and then I can boot into recovery (But in Philz. by default)

But is it safe?? I have to install prerooted rom.

In case any problem, how to boot into recovery without hardware key.
Strange, if you have installed adb by pressing up you will go to philz touch or pressing down button you will go to twrp.
you might not installed it correctly!
anyways if you have adb you can pass this command > adb reboot recovery, this will let you to go to recovery but ONLY to philz touch.

swasha123

Mar 22, 2011
Pune
OK. Finally I flashed prerooted rom by Thibou.

I boot into recovery through Xperia Xposed only. No other option was working.

It was safe or not, I dont know.

Anyway working perfect as of now. Future dont know.

I dare to do this, because you devs are there for any big problem.

Thanks to you and Thibou for hard work & such a fantastic prerooted rom.

sijav

Sep 3, 2012
Tehran
OK. Finally I flashed prerooted rom by Thibou.

I boot into recovery through Xperia Xposed only. No other option was working.

It was safe or not, I dont know.

Anyway working perfect as of now. Future dont know.

I dare to do this, because you devs are there for any big problem.

Thanks to you and Thibou for hard work & such a fantastic prerooted rom.
that was safe! if it flashed you're done alright!
I flashed from Your 4.3 Rooted Firmware.
yeah that old philz recovery might works :D but the newer by NUT have lots and lots of bugs in flashing anything with metadata and some other binary including the CM! which won't flash at all!!

puppynaz

Mar 3, 2012
Mumbai
Mate. Can you guide me?
I'm currently on CM11 and I want to flash and see if stock ROM works better for me than CM11, for testing sake and also 'cuz I miss the camera terribly. :(

Should I follow the instructions in the OP, or is there another long method? I don't want to brick my phone so a li'l guidance could do me.

Thanks en avance. :)

sijav

Sep 3, 2012
Tehran
Mate. Can you guide me?
I'm currently on CM11 and I want to flash and see if stock ROM works better for me than CM11, for testing sake and also 'cuz I miss the camera terribly. :(

Should I follow the instructions in the OP, or is there another long method? I don't want to brick my phone so a li'l guidance could do me.

Thanks en avance. :)
Yeah sure go ahead and flash this!
no need to do anything else ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Removed ...
    My friend made it here => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2765062

XDA:DevDB Information
    Removed ..., ROM for the Sony Xperia ZR

Contributors
    sijav
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: any 4.1 or 4.2 ftf
    Based On: STOCK

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0.0.0