[SAFETY INFO]Things not to do with your newly unlocked RAZR HD/M/atrix HD

Search This thread

billycar11

1. DO NOT Flash CM11 or any ROM without the 3.4 kernel because the official one still uses the 3.x kernel and the new boot loader uses 3.4 it will not boot.
2. DO NOT flash an old recovery not for the kit kat boot loader.
3. DON'T NOT make a backup before flashing roms so you can easily go back.

everyone please add your suggestions i will update the op with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: fredsky2

billycar11

You actually saved my bacon. Can you elaborate more though?? Not sure if I understand

sure just tell me what to expand on in the other thread and i will do my best but please post in the other thread , 2 threads and maybe soon 3 will be hard to manage that's why i am directing everyone to the original thread.

Last edited:
D

Dr. Mario

That's due to security keys in Linux kernel v.3.4 which necessitates a new bootloader service inside the BIOS (aka the bootloader), which then load the security keys first to ensure the kernel is valid before loading. Older kernels will obviously fail as the newly-updated BIOS would think that the kernel keys are invalid, thus automatically halting the boot procedure.

(EDITED) To be able to put back in your favorite Jelly Beans distro, you must downgrade the BIOS (bootloader) BUT DO NOT downgrade the Trustzone (*.tz) file or you will do great job of bricking it for good. There's also KK to JB downgrade thread which you can follow the instructions to do so.

(Mod: you can choose to delete or move it to proper thread - just elaborating on the bootloader's boot procedure.)

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. DO NOT Flash CM11 or any ROM without the 3.4 kernel because the official one still uses the 3.x kernel and the new boot loader uses 3.4 it will not boot.
    2. DO NOT flash an old recovery not for the kit kat boot loader.
    3. DON'T NOT make a backup before flashing roms so you can easily go back.

everyone please add your suggestions i will update the op with them.