[HUMOUR][Desire S Edition] You know you're rooted when...

Search This thread

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Ok,
I've seen this round loads of other device subforums now, it's becoming a new trend :D Hopefully we can start it here.

Post a funny conclusion to the sentence - 'You know you are rooted when...'

Some funny examples I have found from the SGS2 forum... (thanks to the OP's :D)

You know you're rooted when your girlfriend looks in your messages and gets suspicious cause you have none.

You know you're rooted when your girlfriend can't get hold of you for an hour because you're in recovery.. and she becomes suspicious

You know you're rooted if you have any emotional feeling when you feel the boot animation vibration

you know you are rooted when someone at a party says "hey you have that awesome 12/8 mp camera phone right? please take a pic of us" and you can only sheepishly reply "cm doesn't have working camera yet"

You know when you're rooted when you see someone else with an SII and you see their old out dated ROM and hear the song "memories, like the corners of my mind"

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1567547&page=2<-- Link to the original thread ;)

I have poor imagination, so unfortunately can't come up with my own, but I'm hoping you guys can :p

Be sure to use the 'thanks' button on the ones you like to keep up inspiration ;)

Cheers

Last edited:

Tectas

Jul 26, 2011
You know you're rooted when you buy tons of cherries, hoping one contains a 3 kernel.

You know you're rooted if you try to use logcat to figure out what your girlfriend wants from you.

You know you're rooted if you flashed more gingerbread than you could ever eat.

You know you're rooted if you try to access recovery to restore a backup instead of taking a pill at headache.

You know you're rooted if a friend comes to you to show you how great his jailbreaked iphone is and the first thing you ask him is how many different roms he can flash now.

You know you're rooted when plants are the last thing coming to your mind while hearing root.

You know you're rooted when your grandmas phone is faster and has more features than the phone of your CEO.

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Gormsen

Apr 30, 2011
Aarhus
You know you're rooted when your morningschedule looks like this: Wake up, check out XDA, eat breakfirst while browsing various forums on XDA, taking a shower, just a quick glanse at XDA, driver to work, sit down at your desk.. "now it's been half an hour since I last checked, something has bound to have happened!"

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
you know that you're rooted when you look at your wife's identical phone and know that yours is better

you know that you're rooted when your single core htc phone runs as fast as your work colleagues dual core htc device

you know that you're rooted when your work colleague tells you that his dual core htc phone is soon to be upgraded to ICS and you show him the upgrade running on your device

<could carry on in that vien for ages....but it's just cruel>

you know that you're rooted when you can't watch the SKY TV subscription that you've already paid for using the SKY Go app- wtf!

you know that you're rooted when you read the entire first page of the similiar thread linked above and laughed all the way to bottom and then you nearly considered hitting next page

you know that you're rooted when you know why you shouldn't pull the battery

Last edited:

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
You know you're rooted when you're wondering why the hell people on XDA are making threads about not receiving OTA updates.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
You know that you're rooted when the amount of stored backups for your phone is bigger than for your PC.
when you nearly pissed yourself at the frightening truth in that one!:D
You know you're rooted when you try to teach your grandma what a ROM is
You know you're rooted when only yesterday you did try to teach your wife and her sister what a ROM was

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

You know you're rooted when you get angry when someone responds with a "thank you" post rather than simply hitting the THANKS button!

Last edited:

DuTY09

Aug 28, 2010
basildon
Samsung Galaxy A51
you no when your rooted when of your mates whith the same phone asks you what your doing.

you no when your rooted when you wake your misses up 3am...... because there is an update.

thantos2024

Apr 5, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
You know your rooted when you complain that's beats audio isn't working right on your desire S

You know your rooted when you tell your misses, "I'll join you in bed in just minute, this roms just about to finish downloading."

You know your rooted when you spend more time with your phone in recovery mode than it does actually booted up.

You know your rooted when flashing a new rom is part of your breakfast routine.

You know your rooted when you have a panic attack that you haven't flashed your phone with anything new in over 24 hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: shanz and Gormsen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You know you're rooted when you're always surprised by your ringtone (or don't even realize it's your phone that's ringing) because you didn't set a custom ringtone after the latest flash.

You know you are rooted when the opposite of Conservative isn't liberal but OnDemand

Ok,
    I've seen this round loads of other device subforums now, it's becoming a new trend :D Hopefully we can start it here.

Post a funny conclusion to the sentence - 'You know you are rooted when...'

Some funny examples I have found from the SGS2 forum... (thanks to the OP's :D)

You know you're rooted when your girlfriend looks in your messages and gets suspicious cause you have none.

You know you're rooted when your girlfriend can't get hold of you for an hour because you're in recovery.. and she becomes suspicious

You know you're rooted if you have any emotional feeling when you feel the boot animation vibration

you know you are rooted when someone at a party says "hey you have that awesome 12/8 mp camera phone right? please take a pic of us" and you can only sheepishly reply "cm doesn't have working camera yet"

You know when you're rooted when you see someone else with an SII and you see their old out dated ROM and hear the song "memories, like the corners of my mind"

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1567547&page=2<-- Link to the original thread ;)

I have poor imagination, so unfortunately can't come up with my own, but I'm hoping you guys can :p

Be sure to use the 'thanks' button on the ones you like to keep up inspiration ;)

Cheers
    You know when you're rooted when the first thing you type in the Play Store is 'TIT' ... and wait for the Titanium Backup suggestion to pop up.
    You know you're rooted when your morningschedule looks like this: Wake up, check out XDA, eat breakfirst while browsing various forums on XDA, taking a shower, just a quick glanse at XDA, driver to work, sit down at your desk.. "now it's been half an hour since I last checked, something has bound to have happened!"