My father's day gift to myself...the Note2 or S4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mrrobc97

Feb 22, 2011
Tucson
Hi everyone. Most likely I'm gonna be hanging out here in the next few months. I'm really, really sure I want the Note better cuz the bigger screen. The only thing the attracts me better to the S4 is the IR blaster and the 13 mp camera...oh yeah and better resolution...BUT!...which one would you think would look better from 3 feet away (from my eyes to were my phone mounts to my Expedition). Well besides those features and quad core is there any other reasons to get the S4 instead? Thanks ahead for your input.

Sent from my Blutiful Hercules.

Last edited:

md1008

Dec 9, 2011
Size could be a factor, the n2 isn't for everyone. The gs4 does have better screen, better camera and because it's newer much more likely to have a longer shelf. (Especially important if you like touchwiz)

The note2 is bigger which could be a plus or a minus depending on user preference. The spen is really awesome if you use it. For me I think I would rather have the original note than a gs4 even though the s4 is superior in every way. For me the spen is that big of a deal to me now that I have it. That being said the note3 is on it way so if you do want a bigger screen or spen I would wait if you can...my guess is that the n3 will be available in September.

No mattee what you decide you won't go wrong. Samsung flag ship phones lately have been off the hook..I mean even the outdated s2 is rocking and relevant but for ho long?
Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Reactions: mrrobc97

mrrobc97

Feb 22, 2011
Tucson
Thx md. It's funny how size is a factor with this phone. I mean I hear some people complain about the size after they got it but they obviously held the phone before they bought it (wtf). The Note is what it is and it should not be compared to a 4.5" (i)phone. It would be like me complaining on the size of my SUV when I chose to get a SUV. The size IS the main reason I want the note. It would be so much easier to see afar, navigate and type on that screen compared to my 4.5" screen.

Sent from my Blutiful Hercules.

Last edited:

HKSpeed

Apr 3, 2012
Los Angeles
which one would you think would look better from 3 feet away

from that distance I couldn't notice the difference in resolution from my Note2 and a co-worker's S4, and I have 20/20 vision. based on your criteria, I think the N2 would be the better choice.

I think the Note 2 is too big if you're going to be carrying it in your pant pockets alot. if you carry your stuff in a bag, then the size is not a big deal. Also your body size/height makes a difference. My 6'3" friend thinks his Note 2 is the perfect size for his large hands.

mrrobc97

Feb 22, 2011
Tucson
from that distance I couldn't notice the difference in resolution from my Note2 and a co-worker's S4, and I have 20/20 vision. based on your criteria, I think the N2 would be the better choice.

I think the Note 2 is too big if you're going to be carrying it in your pant pockets alot. if you carry your stuff in a bag, then the size is not a big deal. Also your body size/height makes a difference. My 6'3" friend thinks his Note 2 is the perfect size for his large hands.

I see...Thanks Speed...I'm planning to get rid of all my skinny jeans anyways...my son thinks I shouldn't wear those...anyways if resolution isn't really a factor then how about speed...I know in stats the S4 is faster obviously but in real life is there really a NOTICEABLE speed difference between the two besides maybe playing HD games?

Tapatalked from my Blutiful Thrive.

Last edited:

CLopez92868

Jul 11, 2009
OC, CA
I see...Thanks Speed...I'm planning to get rid of all my skinny jeans anyways...my son thinks I shouldn't wear those...anyways if resolution isn't really a factor then how about speed...I know in stats the S4 is faster obviously but in real life is there really a NOTICEABLE speed difference between the two besides maybe playing HD games?

Hi,

Regarding Speed, they will both handle games just like they are meant to. I haven't had any issues playing games on my N2.
I really think they are both on par with each other. I believe either the screen size or features is what's going to sell you.

I love the big screen, I'm adjusted to it now.

CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey pops wait a couple months for the note 3.
    Size could be a factor, the n2 isn't for everyone. The gs4 does have better screen, better camera and because it's newer much more likely to have a longer shelf. (Especially important if you like touchwiz)

The note2 is bigger which could be a plus or a minus depending on user preference. The spen is really awesome if you use it. For me I think I would rather have the original note than a gs4 even though the s4 is superior in every way. For me the spen is that big of a deal to me now that I have it. That being said the note3 is on it way so if you do want a bigger screen or spen I would wait if you can...my guess is that the n3 will be available in September.

No mattee what you decide you won't go wrong. Samsung flag ship phones lately have been off the hook..I mean even the outdated s2 is rocking and relevant but for ho long?
    Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
    which one would you think would look better from 3 feet away

Hi,

Regarding Speed, they will both handle games just like they are meant to. I haven't had any issues playing games on my N2.
    I really think they are both on par with each other. I believe either the screen size or features is what's going to sell you.

I love the big screen, I'm adjusted to it now.

CL
    I tested my friends s4 vs my Note 2. One in each hand, opening apps, etc... my Note was noticeably faster, but it's on Jedi X14, and his is completely stock.