[VIDEOS] How to Root, recovery, roms, and much more

Search This thread

bunchie

Feb 18, 2014
kindle fire utilitys download

hi can somebody please tell or show me were I can find the kindle utiiitys download for my pc please,has im unable to find the link on the forum thanks

brenntard

Dec 26, 2013
so i downloaded the root with restore and tried to run the RunMe.bat but it just opens a notepad with a bunch of writing in it and not a command prompt??????

ag.steel

Mar 1, 2014
root OK with kindle hd OS version 7.4.8

Hi all,

I struggled with ADB for my device to be recognized, and finally it dit recognize it after I updated the Kindle ADB USB driver directly from windows.

While I was doing this my Kindle decided to update herself with the latest OTA : 7.4.8 :p

Root process went OK though :good:

Now I see there is no(t yet?) freedom-boot.img for 7.4.8 :(

Last edited:

Tomsgt

Hi all,

I struggled with ADB for my device to be recognized, and finally it dit recognize it after I updated the Kindle ADB USB driver directly from windows.

While I was doing this my Kindle decided to update herself with the latest OTA : 7.4.8 :p

Root process went OK though :good:

Now I see there is no(t yet?) freedom-boot.img for 7.4.8 :(

this is true but it you dont care about the stock kindle os you can sill install twrp and then flash a rom before leaving twrp and you will have android on it

estrotococo

Mar 6, 2014
Hi, can i use this method with my Kindle Fire HD 7" version 7.4.8?. i want to install cyanogenmod 10.2.1 (stable) and its my first time doing this. Can you help me please!!!

Last edited:

dartsmandan

Jul 13, 2013
I am trying to install the cm11 rom on the kindle fire hd however my device does not boot after flashing it just shows the blue kindle fire logo then after around 5 minutes it shows a fuzzy screen as shown. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    213.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 62

SafinWasi

Dec 15, 2013
Unknown
I am trying to install the cm11 rom on the kindle fire hd however my device does not boot after flashing it just shows the blue kindle fire logo then after around 5 minutes it shows a fuzzy screen as shown. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That is just weird… Do you know what the software version was before flashing?

Sent from my CM 11 Device

dartsmandan

Jul 13, 2013
That is just weird… Do you know what the software version was before flashing?

Thanks for replying, It was 7.4.6, the same as the one shown in the video and I did the wipe and everything the video said. I'm sure it has something to do with the boot image that is inside the cm 11 zip as my device doesn't boot past the bootloader. Also I downloaded the latest rom and kk gapps.

SafinWasi

Dec 15, 2013
Unknown
Thanks for replying, It was 7.4.6, the same as the one shown in the video and I did the wipe and everything the video said. I'm sure it has something to do with the boot image that is inside the cm 11 zip as my device doesn't boot past the bootloader. Also I downloaded the latest rom and kk gapps.

Can you post a link to the rom you downloaded? Also,be sure to check the md5 incase your download was corrupted.

dartsmandan

Jul 13, 2013
Hmmm... Very strange. Can you boot into TWRP? If yes,try flashing the latest build of CM 11.

I can boot into TWRP just fine and I have a factory cable anyway. I tried the latest version first which gave me the fuzzy screen and then I tried one of the earlier versions which resulted in the same. I might try and flash a different rom altogether like kindology to see if that works.

Tomsgt

I can boot into TWRP just fine and I have a factory cable anyway. I tried the latest version first which gave me the fuzzy screen and then I tried one of the earlier versions which resulted in the same. I might try and flash a different rom altogether like kindology to see if that works.

Are you sure you have the Kindle fire hd 7 in there are two different models of it

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 running HyperDrive.

Reactions: dartsmandan

dartsmandan

Jul 13, 2013
Are you sure you have the Kindle fire hd 7 in there are two different models of it

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 running HyperDrive.

Yeah positive, by two models do you mean 7" and 8.9". if so I have the 7"

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Well, Kindology doesn't work either just gives me the same fuzzy screen. I must be doing something wrong in TWRP then.

dartsmandan

Jul 13, 2013
Okay, without installing anything in TWRP my device shows the fuzzy screen. All I did was backup and reboot and it showed the fuzzy screen. I must have done something wrong installing the 2nd bootloader.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dude You Are A Life Saver!

I Been Trying To Root My Girlfriends Kindle All Day Today, And Simply Bypassed Your Thread The Entire Time,

Very Clear Instructions, Very Easy Root Method , Superb:good:

I Have A Question, Now That I Am Rooted, How Can I Get The Google Play Store Installed On This Thing.

And Is There Any Stable ROMs Available For This Device?

Thanks In Advance Pal

Does your Kindle have a front facing camera? If yes,you have the 2012 Kindle fire HD. You can flash a custom rom after flashing the 2nd Bootloader and TWRP recovery. If your tablet is a 7",you can go to my Flasher thread and use it to flash them. If it's an 8.9", you can search the 8.9" Forums and follow Hashcode's thread.

However,if it does NOT have a front facing camera, you have the 2013 Kindle Fire HD. As of now,no custom ROMs are available for it due to the locked bootloader.

Thanks for the reply. One more noob question. Would it be safe to download the ROM and gapps zips straight to the kindle device and go from there? Or perhaps downloading the files and putting them into dropbox and downloading from there. The only reason I ask is because I used a friends PC to free my device and steps seem harder to do on macs. I did see some md5 checker apps in the Google play store. Not sure if this process is safe to do.
    Yep. It's perfectly safe. Just use ES file explorer to verify the md5 checksum of both the zips(just in case).
    Really nice idea thats will make things easier for beginners most because the kindle Fire its kind a hard to do everthing , Muy Buen Trabajo :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app
    hopefully this isn't too dumb of a question...

I'm trying to get this up and running for my daughter who has mild cp (cerebral palsy). I don't want to bind a credit card or gift card to her amazon account for obvious reasons... my objective is to be able to get her android app store on this device so she can download all the free apps she wants. (Amazon requires a credit card or gift card to download FREE apps). I have the device rooted, but from watching the first few minutes of your video you say to download the file manager. I can't do that without binding a credit card or gift card to her account. Am i going to have to get her a small gift card to get this done so that i can download the apps needed, or is there another way? Google search of this problem wasn't much help...

You can use snappea to transfer the apk file of the file manager. Before that,enable "Allow installation of applications from unknown sources". You can transfer it via WiFi or USB. For USB,android debugging must be enabled.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app