[Q] Does Unroot require flashing of stock ROM

Search This thread

tdischino

May 14, 2011
Hi,

I Rooted my Sprint GS5 the other day so that I could use Tasker to kill apps. I didn't flash a new ROM. I was reading about UnRooting, and all of the walkthroughs talk about flashing the stock ROM. If I havent flashed a new ROM since I rooted, if I were to unroot, is it a requirement to flash the stock ROM?

Ramer

Jun 20, 2010
Sunset
Hi,

I Rooted my Sprint GS5 the other day so that I could use Tasker to kill apps. I didn't flash a new ROM. I was reading about UnRooting, and all of the walkthroughs talk about flashing the stock ROM. If I havent flashed a new ROM since I rooted, if I were to unroot, is it a requirement to flash the stock ROM?

I don't see why you'd have to flash a stock rom as you're already on it. What's the reason you wan't to unroot? You've already tripped the knox counter and there's no going back from that. :crying:

tdischino

May 14, 2011
I don't see why you'd have to flash a stock rom as you're already on it. What's the reason you wan't to unroot? You've already tripped the knox counter and there's no going back from that. :crying:

Since the user documented processes specify it, i wasn't sure if it was safe to just ignore the step.

Regarding the knox count, does that just affect warranty, or will that also affect ability to receive OTA updates? I was looking to unroot because I was expecting the 4.4.3 OTA update any day.

thanks!

Ramer

Jun 20, 2010
Sunset
Since the user documented processes specify it, i wasn't sure if it was safe to just ignore the step.

Regarding the knox count, does that just affect warranty, or will that also affect ability to receive OTA updates? I was looking to unroot because I was expecting the 4.4.3 OTA update any day.

thanks!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that what effects an OTA update is whether you installed a custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thanks!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that what effects an OTA update is whether you installed a custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM.