[Q] Resolution of Mobile Apps

Search This thread

nyder

Sep 15, 2007
Seattle
Okay, hopefully this isn't a stupid question.

I'm wondering about the resolution of mobile apps on the Fire TV.

For example, the WWE Network app. Does it now my screen is at 1080p and I can handle their 720p streams? Or is this something I might want to use a web browser to watch on?

I guess what I'm asking are apps set at a certain screen size, or can they use more screenspace if available? Or does it just depending on the programming of the app?

thanks!

gizzyfin

May 22, 2013
The fire TV will display 1080 natively. However, it depends on the app as well. If the app only displays 720 or lower, that's what you'll ultimately get. If you install xposed framework you can change the resolution of any app, with a mod called application settings

nyder

Sep 15, 2007
Seattle
The fire TV will display 1080 natively. However, it depends on the app as well. If the app only displays 720 or lower, that's what you'll ultimately get. If you install xposed framework you can change the resolution of any app, with a mod called application settings

Okay, sweet. Thanks very much, I'll check that out.

Okay, checked it out and can't figure out how to use it. If you click on any of the programs, you can launch it, the settings (which is the same as the APP Settings in the system menu) and play store.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited: