Kallt_kaffe VaniljEclair RLS11 (CM5.0.8) + new radio

Search This thread

manu33xtro

Nov 23, 2008
Bordeaux : wine... Hum...
Thanks to Kallt_kaffe http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=700669 for his build : all you want is working very good...
I use the latest DZO kernell http://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/files/?C=M;O=D or the modify file by Kallt_kaffe himself http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=660158 with the the Loserskater NBH editor http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=689812 for choice the good panel for our phone :)

what is fully good in this build :
- phone of course... and very very fast
- battery : you have to use last kernel of DZO...
- Wifi : no problem
- BT : no problem
- MMS : you can receive and send :)
- GPS with Igo : a bit slower after first installation
- GPS with Navigon : very fast
- synchronize data ok
- market (I think full but I'm not sure)
- live wallpapers
- and more and more...

I installed in nand.
I use it with ADW launcher : very beautiful and fast !!
I think you have to do all Kallt_kaffe advise for his build work well...

THANKS for them !!

Hope it works for all of Polaris users.

AND you can now upgrade your radio with this version 1.65.38.14 :)
See the thread for this new version here...

Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBSAW

SuperJMN

Mar 4, 2007
Ciudad Real
superjmn.wordpress.com
Thanks to Kallt_kaffe http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=700669 for his build : all you want is working very good...
I use the latest DZO kernell http://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/files/?C=M;O=D or the modify file by Kallt_kaffe himself http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=660158 with the the Loserskater NBH editor http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=689812 for choice the good panel for our phone :)

- phone of course... Sometimes a bit slower when you want to make a call or in a call end (maybe Eclair or kernel... I have make a lot of test but not sure for the results...)
- battery : I don't know why but sometimes I see 30% and a few minutes after my phone is completly discharge !!
- Wifi
- BT : not yet for carkit
- GPS with Igo : a bit slower after first installation but if you use odex file, It's much better
- synchronize data
- live wallpapers

I installed in nand and modify userinit.sh for enable automatic odexing.
I use it with launcherpro : very beautiful and fast !!

Maybe just one (big ?) problem : I lose sometimes network ! just few minutes but when you want to call... It's a problem : you have to wait few seconds to have a new good signal...

THANKS for them !!

Cheers.

I can recommend it, too. For me, it's faster than Myn's Eclair RLS1. By the way, I managed to connect to my car kit successfully out-of-the-box with the latest kernel (.NBH). It experiences some slowdowns when running memory intensive applications and you switch back to, for example, Home Screen, but it's really good.

Congratulations to kallt_kaffe.

dertester123

Oct 11, 2008
Nice!!

Its the same speed level as myns eclair rls 1.
For me its more stable than myns, but maby i made crap ;D
-----

The behavior when stressed is different from myns.. i got these lack untill the homescreen apears too. But overall it looks more stable.

How can i get these dots in the corner to switch home screens?
Can i change the way the middle button(all apps) behaves? In myns there is full screen and all apps are flying in, in this build the slider goes up, but it "feels" a bit small compared to myn :/

(and a offtopic question: nexusmod wallpaper from market dosnt work. is there a nexus like live wallpaper? Cant find the orginal one, i think its not in the market):)

foxct2005

Feb 27, 2005
This is the only build working Wifi/BT for my Pola100, with PAIPO Zimage of 26/03/2010 !!!
It's a GREAT BUILD ... Maybe a bit slower than Myn's Eclair, but works perfectly!!!

Only a question:
- When I try to install "LAUNCHERPRO" ... AFTER installing nothing change on "Home" Screen. Nothing.

How Installing Launcherpro correctly ?
(My installation is on SD with Haret, Not NAND).

Please any help is appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

orbus

Oct 29, 2008
Eger
www.kreativpuzzle.hu
I can recommend it, too. For me, it's faster than Myn's Eclair RLS1. By the way, I managed to connect to my car kit successfully out-of-the-box with the latest kernel (.NBH). It experiences some slowdowns when running memory intensive applications and you switch back to, for example, Home Screen, but it's really good.

I use this version of rom with a brand new battery. I use it about 2 houres, approx. 15 minutes of talk time and small WIFI and the battery is 70 percent. Is there any way increase uptime?

Hi, can you tell me which version of nbh and zImage do you use?

l1q1d

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 19, 2008
Venice
www.tech-team.it
Use latest nbh and wait same days. The dzo kernel recalibrate the battery use.
The power drain is a quite big problem for our device :-(

manu33xtro

Nov 23, 2008
I think you have to press one time on power button and a toolbox is coming to make your choice for launcherpro.

Cheers.

This is the only build working Wifi/BT for my Pola100, with PAIPO Zimage of 26/03/2010 !!!
It's a GREAT BUILD ... Maybe a bit slower than Myn's Eclair, but works perfectly!!!

Only a question:
- When I try to install "LAUNCHERPRO" ... AFTER installing nothing change on "Home" Screen. Nothing.

How Installing Launcherpro correctly ?
(My installation is on SD with Haret, Not NAND).

Please any help is appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

manu33xtro

Nov 23, 2008
Hi SuperJMN,

Well I tryed to connect with my audio car : It's ok but no sound, I grew just a breath !!!
Do you have a kit included in the car or like a radio ?

Thanks.

Cheers.

manu33xtro

Nov 23, 2008
I think you should install launcherpro...

Nice!!

Its the same speed level as myns eclair rls 1.
For me its more stable than myns, but maby i made crap ;D
-----

The behavior when stressed is different from myns.. i got these lack untill the homescreen apears too. But overall it looks more stable.

How can i get these dots in the corner to switch home screens?
Can i change the way the middle button(all apps) behaves? In myns there is full screen and all apps are flying in, in this build the slider goes up, but it "feels" a bit small compared to myn :/

(and a offtopic question: nexusmod wallpaper from market dosnt work. is there a nexus like live wallpaper? Cant find the orginal one, i think its not in the market):)

Pr3d1ction

Oct 31, 2009
Faster than newest Warm Donuts newest Android RLS5?

Hey guys,
is this android version fastern than Warm Donuts RLS 5?

thanks...

Leryan

Sep 7, 2008
Riga
Hi,
What version of IGO you are using? Where did you get 320x240 version? I have found modified data.gro, but still not perfect.

Usnig this build since RL2. Some remarks:
- overclocked with Rogue tools to 450 MHz -> runs smoother. But phone must be charged every day.
- cant understand the logic how calls end. Some times it ends exactly after caller disconnects. Sometimes no, disconnects after some time.
- WiFi on/off. My network has hidden SSID. WiFi turns on, but don't connects to network. I have to go Settings -> WiFi settings, and then phone connects to network
- GPS works, but sometimes looses satelites. Can be fixed with phone restart.
- Battery on RL3 stuck on 100%

Phone working, SMS working, battery life is ok for me.

Update:
with RLS5 looks like phone don't charges -> stuck on 15%

Last edited:

Leryan

Sep 7, 2008
Riga
Data.gro is located: /data/data/com.navngo.igo.javaclient/data.gro
I can send you pm with link to modified file tomorrow.

manu33xtro

Nov 23, 2008
Try it right now : much better than RSL3b... I will post my test later (after more test...)
i'm so curious about it !!

The last version : 139242 (look at PPCWAREZ). But like you, the data.gro is not perfect and I find IGO a bit slower and lose sometimes the GPS position ! I will try with the CM5.0.8.
- I doesn't use overclocking
- same effect for calls but i think it's better with this last build : I wait to do more tests
- Wifi works good !?! I see all networks... Maybe with the last kernel ??
- same for us, the battery life must be better : DZO know this problem
Hi,
What version of IGO you are using? Where did you get 320x240 version? I have found modified data.gro, but still not perfect.
Usnig this build since RL2. Some remarks:
- overclocked with Rogue tools to 450 MHz -> runs smoother. But phone must be charged every day.
- cant understand the logic how calls end. Some times it ends exactly after caller disconnects. Sometimes no, disconnects after some time.
- WiFi on/off. My network has hidden SSID. WiFi turns on, but don't connects to network. I have to go Settings -> WiFi settings, and then phone connects to network
- GPS works, but sometimes looses satelites. Can be fixed with phone restart.
- Battery on RL3 stuck on 100%
Phone working, SMS working, battery life is ok for me.
Update:
with RLS5 looks like phone don't charges -> stuck on 15%

You have to use root explorer or apk like this to replace the file...
Data.gro is located: /data/data/com.navngo.igo.javaclient/data.gro
I can send you pm with link to modified file tomorrow.

Leryan

Sep 7, 2008
Riga
Phone charged - left the phone charging over the night.
But when i connected charger, al least for 1/2 an hour, battery level stay at 15%. Maybe battery fallen below the critical level. :)

WiFi is working ok, when connected :) But when I turn it on, i have to go Settings -> WiFi settings. Otherwise nothing happens.

Update.
dzo released a new kernel, flashing right now

Last edited:

chourmovs

Aug 23, 2009
lyon
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Phone charged - left the phone charging over the night.
But when i connected charger, al least for 1/2 an hour, battery level stay at 15%. Maybe battery fallen below the critical level. :)

that's a classical eclair's build issue
Be patient, try some reboot and connect/deconnect your charger and after some charging/decharging cycle, battery accuracy will be better

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- phone of course... and very very fast
    - battery : you have to use last kernel of DZO...
    - Wifi : no problem
    - BT : no problem
    - GPS with Igo : a bit slower after first installation
    - GPS with Navigon : very fast
    - synchronize data ok
    - live wallpapers
    - and more and more...

I installed in nand.
    I use it with ADW launcher : very beautiful and fast !!

THANKS for them !!

AND you can now upgrade your radio with this version 1.65.38.14 :)
    See the thread for this new version here...

Cheers.